Cyrstal Cove 11/15 - Caravan? | FerrariChat

Cyrstal Cove 11/15 - Caravan?

Discussion in 'California (Southern)' started by JRocks, Nov 11, 2003.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. JRocks

JRocks Karting

Sep 17, 2003
    California
    Hello Everyone! Just updated all my info (I know I'm really late on this)

It looks like weather is going to be good for this Saturday. Is anyone interested in driving over to Crystal Cove together from the Irvine area? Possibly the same place we met last time? It would be cool to leave a bit earlier and get some spots in the main area.

Hope everyone is doing well.

2. jordan747_400

jordan747_400 F1 Veteran
    Lifetime Rossa

Dec 9, 2002
    Houston, TX
    Full Name:
    Jordan
    Hey Jun, glad to see you here finally :)

Im up for it! Ive got a hectic schedule now, but Im pretty sure Ill be able to make it Saturday morning.

3. Bmyth-FDC

Bmyth-FDC F1 Rookie

Oct 4, 2002
    Southern California
    Full Name:
    Byron

Hey guys - I can't make this one... have to stay up in the bay area for work... I'll catch up with you guys next time!

btw, Jun, if your brother is still interested in doing the layout for his magazine, just let me know. Have him contact me via email: [email protected].

-Byron

4. Throttleman

Throttleman Formula Junior

Sep 26, 2003
    Pasadena,CA
    Full Name:
    Jay Ablett
    Jun- Nice to see the Modena under your profile. My wife and I enjoyed meeting you and your daughter at the last GTG in Crystal Cove. We especially enjoyed sharing your excitement about new ownership. If weather stays nice and other members will be going to show off their cars, I'll talk to the wife to see if she's game. Do you take bribes for a ride? LOL.

Cheers-Jay.

5. JRocks

JRocks Karting

Sep 17, 2003
    California
    Jay, no bribes needed. We'll go for a ride on Sat.

Byron, I'll call Albert and ask what their plans are for the next issue. I know that they have an Enzo, F50 and F40 lined up for a feature story. All (3) owned by the owner of OC Ferrari. He invited my brother and his scout photographer to his house and they said his garage was INCREDIBLE. In one garage was a new Stradale, F50, F40, Enzo, Porsches, etc. My brother said it was like a dream showroom.

Jordan - Lets see how many takers we get to caravan over. If interest is low we can just meet there.

6. Chiaro_Slag

Chiaro_Slag F1 Veteran

Oct 31, 2003
    CA
    Full Name:
    Jerry
    I might be game - God knows I won't have my f-car in the foreseeable future, but I can look at others. :)

7. 150shot

150shot Formula Junior

Jun 15, 2003
    San Dimas, CA
    Sorry guys not in on this one. Hopefully soon my Saturdays will clear up.

8. Dom

Dom F1 Veteran
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

Nov 5, 2002
    I should be able to make it. My GT4 is currently at the mechanic, but I should have it back by Sat.

Dom

9. JaguarXJ6

JaguarXJ6 F1 Veteran

Feb 12, 2003
    Black Hawk, CO
    Full Name:
    Sunny
    I'll be there early Sat morning to get a spot a lil closer to the center.

Fires are over... pray for good weather and we can go for a drive. *grin*

Sunny

10. Bmyth-FDC

Bmyth-FDC F1 Rookie

Oct 4, 2002
    Southern California
    Full Name:
    Byron

Holy cow! There's no comparison there! A Stradale, F50, F40, and Enzo? Sheeez! I wanna see! ;)

No worries... I'm sure Albert is all taken care of. I was just checking to see if there was anything I could do to help out.

Have fun at CC, guys... I'll catch you next time. Btw, drive on 11/23... keep your calendar dates open!

11. zsnnf

zsnnf Formula 3

Sep 11, 2003
    Hi Guys,
    I am there often, but haven't met any of you. Where do you meet? I have seen some nice 360's and 512bb's , but no owners to go with them.
    I drive the F40 with the Black Wheels. I usually don't show until after 8 since I work until midnight on Fridays.

Rick

12. Cannoli

Cannoli Formula Junior

Nov 7, 2003
    California
    Full Name:
    Norman
    Rick, you mean this is you? Nice, very nice.

Norm

13. Cannoli

Cannoli Formula Junior

Nov 7, 2003
    California
    Full Name:
    Norman
    Here's me ... I arrived just after 8:00 am as well and stayed for about two hours.

1992 500E

Norm

14. Bmyth-FDC

Bmyth-FDC F1 Rookie

Oct 4, 2002
    Southern California
    Full Name:
    Byron

Rick,
    There are a few Ferrari owners that go on a normal basis:
    Jim - 512 bbi boxer and others
    Armen - 512 bbi boxer, 360, 288GTO... and more
    Dave - 512 bbi boxer
    Dom - 308 GT4

A bunch of us went (me for the first time) a few weeks ago:
    Ron - 308 GTS
    Bart - 550M
    Jun - 360 Modena
    Rob - 355 GTS
    Jerry - 328 GTS
    Bill - 365 2+2
    Kevin - 360 Spider
    me - 348 CH

Others that were there included: Jordan (mustang), Sunny(XJ6), Amanda(Z06), Sam(Boxster), Jay(baby benz)

If you'd like to meet up with us sometime, we go out on local drives all the time. We have meeting locations in OC as well as LA. Drop me an email with your contact info and we'll be sure to invite you on the next drive. [email protected]

-Byron

15. jordan747_400

jordan747_400 F1 Veteran
    Lifetime Rossa

Dec 9, 2002
    Houston, TX
    Full Name:
    Jordan
    Sounds like a nice group of people coming.

Rick, we would all love to see your F40 :)

16. Jet-X

Jet-X F1 Veteran

Nov 2, 2003
    Orange County
    Full Name:
    Brian
    If it doesn't rain, I'll be there this Saturday (black Mondial t)

17. JRocks

JRocks Karting

Sep 17, 2003
    California
    O.K. drivers, everyone interested in caravaning to CCove..how about we meet in front of Gelson's Market on the corner of Jeffrey and Alton (same place as the last caravan) - Can someone suggest a time to leave by so we can get some center spots?

Drivers so far:
    Jun
    Jordan
    Jay
    Dom
    Jerry (maybe with the blue beauty?)

Driving Direct
    Sunny
    Rick (Looking forward to seeing your F-40)

Sorry if I've missed anyone...please post if you are going to meet up in Irvine (so we know who to look for!)

Weather is supposed to be nice!

18. jordan747_400

jordan747_400 F1 Veteran
    Lifetime Rossa

Dec 9, 2002
    Houston, TX
    Full Name:
    Jordan
    Depending on how fast we move through Laguna Canyon (if thats the route you want to take to Crystal Cove again) we should plan to leave 20-25 minutes before we want to arrive.

How early do you guys want to get there?

19. Chiaro_Slag

Chiaro_Slag F1 Veteran

Oct 31, 2003
    CA
    Full Name:
    Jerry
    oh man, if that F40 goes, I will get there at 4 am!!! Just to make sure I don't miss it!!

I am in for this Saturday - The blue baby is in 1 million pieces though. I had a great night today though - Dyed most of the interior - I am psyched - It's going to look outstanding! Probably not ready for at least another week though. I can cruise in my Jeep - Even though it maxes out at 70mph - I will make sure to be in the back of the caravan. :)

We meet in front of Coffee Bean last time though, not Gelsons (don't wont to confuse anyone).

Would also like to see that black Mondial there. :)

Here is a pic of my seats half way though :

http://www.dt-clan.com/Slag/328/Leatherique/Half%20of%20Seat.JPG

20. JRocks

JRocks Karting

Sep 17, 2003
    California
    Sorry about the Gelsons vs. Coffee bean mistake (it was dark and raining last time!) I think we should try to arrive at CC early enough to get a good spot. Any suggestions from the veterans?

Jerry the seats are looking great! Can't wait to see them finished and installed in the Blue Beauty.

21. jordan747_400

jordan747_400 F1 Veteran
    Lifetime Rossa

Dec 9, 2002
    Houston, TX
    Full Name:
    Jordan
    Jerry, I almost like the antique look of the seats before the dye :)

No worries about driving the jeep, Ill probably be holding up the rear with you!

Jun, the show starts at 6am, but Im pretty sure we should be able to find spots there at 6:30...just maybe not all together. Im not entirely sure though, so Ill let one of the veterans that is at the show from the beginning every saturday say.

22. zsnnf

zsnnf Formula 3

Sep 11, 2003
    Norm,
    Yes, that's me :) I have been trying to post a picture for a week now. Depending on how bad Friday night is for me, I will see you all there. Other drives sound like fun.

To the Guy getting there at 4AM, don't bother I wont be there before 8AM and seldom leave before 10:30.

See ya all there,
    Rick

23. Artherd

Artherd F1 Veteran

Jun 19, 2002
    Bay Area, CA
    Full Name:
    Ben Cannon
    Hi Guys, a buddy of mine (who has a Factory 5 cobra, sadly it's up north) and I are in LA on Sat, mind if we join you guys even though we have a booring-arse rentual SUV?

Armen- if you're going, I would love the chance to see your 288GTO with F40 turbos!

Best!
    Ben.

24. Bmyth-FDC

Bmyth-FDC F1 Rookie

Oct 4, 2002
    Southern California
    Full Name:
    Byron
    Ben, too bad I'm gonna miss your visit! How long are you in town for?

-Byron

25. jordan747_400

jordan747_400 F1 Veteran
    Lifetime Rossa

Dec 9, 2002
    Houston, TX
    Full Name:
    Jordan
    Ben, come on down! Id love to finally meet you in person!