How to ride a motorcycle | FerrariChat

How to ride a motorcycle

Discussion in 'Other Off Topic Forum' started by Matt LaMotte, Feb 20, 2004.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. writerguy

writerguy F1 Veteran

Sep 30, 2003
    NewRotic
    Full Name:
    Otto
    #2 writerguy, Feb 20, 2004
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 7, 2017
  2. TSMIV

TSMIV Formula Junior

Jan 27, 2004
    Columbus, MS
    Full Name:
    Robert Goodman
    See my reply to Clarkster's speeding ticket.

3. ART360

ART360 Guest

Tis is the Isle of Man. I rode there in 88. It is sure a trip.

Art

4. Hubert

Hubert F1 Rookie

Jan 3, 2002
    The Left Coast

I miss riding. Bought a bike right before I left for the monaco gp and it spun a rod bearing. Took it as an omen, and left it with the dealer. My last big wreck put the scare in me, and i never rode the same after that, even after 11 yrs. of experience.

5. ferraripete

ferraripete F1 World Champ

that is not the typical low side! low sides are usually pretty easy but w/ the berming this one looks a bit like the high side! the high side is not so easy. did this guy make it? it is an old clip as the bike looks like an f2 or f3.

i have raced for years in ccs, wera, and ama, and had always wanted to make the trip to run in the tt. i am glad that i did not race it as it really is dangerous unlike any other moto event. it is however (or must be) the greatest single racing event in the world. i still throw my leathers on each saturday but i always thinks of the tt and how it has made so many legends and then taken them. sad to see joey, dj, and hislop all gone. just doesnt seem normal at the tt anymore.

pcb

6. WFO_Racer

WFO_Racer Karting

Nov 5, 2003
    Newport Beach Ca
    The TT at the Isle of Man is the most manly man racing bar none.

F1-Cart-NASCAR are all a bunch of sissy boys compared to those men !

Haybales we don't need no stinkin haybales.

RIP Joey Dunlop , King of the Isle

7. ART360

ART360 Guest

What you don't see when racing there is the stone walls. Bray Hill is at the end of the straight away, and it is lined with stone walls, and steel picket fences. You don't see them, because you're going over 150 mph. I walked that hill in 89, and never went back. Ask Pat Hennen about the Isle of Man, as to those of you who don't know him, he was going to be a 500cc world champ, but had a crash there in the early 80s, and sustained severe brain damage. The way we ride in the US is what the Brits call "scratching" and you don't want to ride that hard there, Hennan is the perfect example of why not.

Art