what is the highest speed/cost you have ever been ticketed for? | FerrariChat

what is the highest speed/cost you have ever been ticketed for?

Discussion in 'Ferrari Discussion (not model specific)' started by mesoscale, Feb 20, 2004.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. mesoscale

mesoscale Formula Junior

Feb 19, 2004
    65 in a 50....bout a $195 ticket.

2. schackman

schackman Formula Junior

Jan 6, 2004
    COLD
    Full Name:
    Schackman
    149 in a 45.........oops !.................A little over $1000 incl. attorney fees

3. Dr C

Dr C Formula Junior

Dec 1, 2002
    Kansas City
    Full Name:
    Ed
    Acquaintance of mine, in the early 60's, was drag racing on the street in a new tri-power Olds (open lakes plugs, cheater slicks), and outran the police when they tried to apprehend him. He was already driving on a license that had been revoked for driving while drunk. Pollice impounded his vehicle (I don't think he got it back), fined him $800 and he spent one month in the Cook County (Chicago) jail. They said, at the time, that he would never be allowed to drive in the State of Illinois again. Really lucky that he didn't kill someone. If someone can calculate what the cost would be in 2004 dollars, I'll bet it would be incredible.

4. BubblesQuah

BubblesQuah F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Nov 1, 2003
    Charlotte
    95 in a 55 in Virginia.

Paid a podunk town lawyer $300 to neogtiate the ticket down to "improper equipment" and a $500 fine. Actually, couldn't believe that he was actually able to do it.

5. absent

absent F1 Veteran
    Lifetime Rossa

Nov 2, 2003
    illinois
    Full Name:
    mark k.
    In 1991 outran an Illinois State Police Dodge (unmarked) in a Lincoln LSC.
    Speeds over 120mph on I-294.
    They got my licence plate # and found me later.
    No jail,speed reduced to 85 in a 55 zone,"reckless driving" :eluding Police" etc were thrown out by the Judge.
    Cost ,including my Attorney:eek:ver $3000.

6. Brandi

Brandi Karting

Jan 27, 2004
    Milano, Italy
    June 2000

80mph in 30mph

Paid a $400 fine and had a 2 months license suspension :-(

7. mesoscale

mesoscale Formula Junior

Feb 19, 2004
  8. ross

ross Three Time F1 World Champ
    Owner Silver Subscribed

Mar 25, 2002
    houston/geneva
    Full Name:
    Ross
    i got about a $400 fine in rhode island years ago, no idea what my speed was because the rental car had one of those stupid speedos that ended at 85 mph. but the cop was ridiculous - wearing shades at 11pm and acting like i had just committed murder.

the best ticket i got was in france. got into a toll booth, and after i paid, the cop came out from behind the booth and motioned me over. he said they had clocked me going 160 kph in a 130kph. well this stunned me because i was actually going about 220kph. he winked at me, then said i could pay it later and it would be 900 ff (about $200 at the time), or 600ff if i paid immediately, and said i could pay by check or mastercard. i thought that was so humorous that they were so accomodating. i paid by visa right there and kept on going.

the best non-ticket i ever got was in italy just before the frejus tunnel on a sunday afternoon with virtually zero traffic. they were running the usual trick of timing your travel time between toll booths. i got into the second one and the carrabinieri comes into the booth and asks me if i have been having a good time. i answer yes and he says he thought so since i had come from the last booth in xxxx minutes, and did i know what that meant? well appart from a massive fine i really didn't know what he was getting at. so he tells me that i had averaged 237 kph over that distance, and that this was a serious offence. i start sweating and stammering, but he breaks into a big grin and says, 'look, i don't care. just do me a favor, rev your engine loud and accelerate out of here as fast as you can, i love to hear ferraris go fast!' i said ok, that i can do, and just took off. gotta love those italian cops !

i would not try this anymore in either country though because i understand they have all recently had their sense of humor removed and are pretty seriously ticketing.

9. teak360

teak360 F1 World Champ

Nov 3, 2003
    Boulder, CO
    Full Name:
    Scott
    Looks like I'm the luckiest one so far in this thread. Clocked at 240kmh in a 70kmh zone in a 2003 Modena Spider in Central Almerica. After the handcuffs were removed from my wrists I was let off with a total cost of one Polaroid photo left with the cops (my friend whose car I was driving always carries his Polaroid camera in the car).
    He managed to convince them I was an ex-Formula 1 pilot and that made their day. Here's a copy of the digital photo I posted in Fchat the other day.

10. bobafett

bobafett F1 Veteran

Sep 28, 2002
    7 tickets in total, all between 90-100. Got out of 6 after they were issued, and forgot to take care of the 7th. This is starting in 2000.

As Steve knows, CA laws are cool. :D

--Dan

11. steveirl

steveirl Formula 3

Dec 29, 2003
    ireland
    Full Name:
    steve
    Think the best one was last year, a group of us fron the DeTomaso club drove to LeMans france for the race, one of the guys there had a murci, and after the 24 hour race was finished the Cops cleared the road out of LeMans to allow race goers quick passage from the city, lots of people along the route looking at the cars, however the lambo driver decided to press on once out on the motorway, until he hit 200mph, which he says he held for over a minute, describes it as surreal, his pal was following at 170 in a 355, the cops clocked him at 290Kph about 185 mph, took the car brought him to police station, fined 900 euro, banned from driving in france for a year and had to leave the next day, they told him he was getting off lightly.
    as for me, 10 years ago came across a cop car while doin 160mph in my Porsche928, they were caught by surprise but followed me, i pleaded ignorance and they said i was approaching a three figure speed, as they didnt know I was cautioned, lucky escape, dont think it wud happen today, but then I am not in my early twenties anymore!!!!

12. rjklein

rjklein Karting

Nov 3, 2003
    143, did not get a ticket so it was Free

13. fanatic1

fanatic1 Guest

Nov 1, 2003
    columbus
    Full Name:
    philip
    True story.................
    About 5 years ago, I was driving a Toyota Supra on the PA Turnpike. I had no insurance on the car, and I had put my roomates license plates on it.....from a 1986 Toyota Celica...........Cop clocks me at 110 in a 55 MPH Construction Zone.........at 1:00 a.m.

He pulls me over and keeps the spotlight on me, blinding me. He walks up to the passenger side window and motions for me to roll down the window. I shout out the drivers side, that the passenger side window is broken. He then draws his gun, stands behind my car and tells me to get out, hands up, take 3 steps backwards....I follow his directions to the tee. He simply asks "Where's the Celica?" I explain that I was driving without insurance and I just switched the tags in case there was an accident.......(Looking back on it, that was probably the worst thing to say, but I was young, stupid and scared to death)......he puts me in the back of his car (no handcuffs) Then says, Am I gonna find any drugs or weapons in your car. I smile and say NO DRUGS!.....He looks exasperatted and says what does that mean? I tell him there is a 9MM in the trunk/hatchback. He asks if it's loaded, I say no. He then goes and searches the car, finds the gun and comes back. He takes me out of the car and pats me down. Now he finds a Switchblade in my back pocket. Why didn't you tell me about this he asks.............I tell him that he had asked about the car............we talk for about 20 minutes I explain to him that I am going down to D.C. for the weekend, some dumb college kid, he looks bored out of his mind, exasperated, and just thinking about all this paperwork.................................

He lets me out of his car, just looks at me and says "get the hell out of my state".......lets me go.........no ticket, no formal warning...........nothing.........I stumble back to my car, set the Cruise control at 55 and make it to D.C.!

14. Wasco

Wasco Formula Junior

Dec 9, 2003
    Salem
    Full Name:
    Randy
    87 in a 65 on I-5 south near Salem Oregon 421 bucks!

15. Wasco

Wasco Formula Junior

Dec 9, 2003
    Salem
    Full Name:
    Randy
    90 in a 55 north of LA, CA on I-5 like a hundred bucks what a deal the CHIPS gave me!

16. Gilles27

Gilles27 F1 World Champ

Mar 16, 2002
    Ex-Urbia
    Full Name:
    Jack
    Amazingly, after over 20 years of driving I've never received a ticket!

17. KennyH

KennyH F1 Veteran
    Owner

Aug 13, 2001
    NYC
    Full Name:
    Kenny
    89 in a 35 this past May- after some phone calls the police officer 'lost his notes' on the case.. I lucked out.

18. Got any more pictures that view looks gorgous, What country was that Panama,Costa rica ?

19. Meeyatch1

Meeyatch1 Formula 3

Dec 28, 2003
    Low flying jet.
    Full Name:
    Mitch

I hope you do not mean they KEPT his car...

20. zsnnf

zsnnf Formula 3

Sep 11, 2003
    102mph "average" clocked by the plane on Hwy 101 leaving Laguna Seca. (I had been going 145)

$200 and one month loss of license..... :(

21. 134282

134282 Four Time F1 World Champ
    BANNED

Aug 3, 2002
    California
    Full Name:
    Carbon McCoy
    After amassing "several", "various" summonses and not doing anything about them, my license (before i even had it!) was suspended for a year... You 1-and-2-month guys had it light...! :)

On topic, i got nailed for 91 in a 55 on the NJ Turnpike... Explained this in the other thread, so this is the reader's digest version: was racing a 360 (i was in a Jeep Grand Cherokee)... Just shy of $400... i couldn't wipe the smile off my face...

Managed to talk my way out of a 93 in a 55 last year; no warning, no nothing... State Trooper... i couldn't believe it... :)

22. teak360

teak360 F1 World Champ

Nov 3, 2003
    Boulder, CO
    Full Name:
    Scott
    That is Costa Rica. Here's one of my partners garages there. Followed by a shot of the active volcanoe Arenal.

23. ernie

ernie Two Time F1 World Champ
    Lifetime Rossa Owner

Nov 19, 2001
    The Brickyard
    Full Name:
    The Bad Guy
    I had to pay close to $400 once. But that was about 15 years ago before the fines went up. I was in an old Chevy that had a four barrel 350 in it, and a hydromatic 400 trany. Anyway, the cop that pulled me over, said he didn't see me drive by, he heard me. He chased me for about four miles and couldn't catch up. I wasn't aware that I was being cased, so I slowed down to the speed limit. He pulled me over after I had been driving the speed limit for a little while. He wrote me up for 99mph+, because he said if he wrote it for over 100mph he would have to take me in, and he was just about off his shift and didn't want to do the paper work. I think I was doing about 117mph in a 55mph zone. I thanked him for not arresting me. In court there was a guy that had got a ticket for over 150mph in his Viper, just before I had to talk to the judge. So the judge wasn't in a nice mood.

24. ghost

ghost F1 World Champ
    Lifetime Rossa

Dec 10, 2003
    Singapore
    Phenonomenal shots. Thanks for sharing. I assume he has to be quite conscious of security issues, and probably doesn't flaunt the fact that he's got three bad boys?!

Regards.

25. Wow awsome I was in costa rica really nice place went to the volcano hot springs and all. Do you happan to have any more pictures to share the scenry is just gorgous so are the cars.