2 weeks to go | FerrariChat

2 weeks to go

Discussion in 'Other Racing' started by beast, Feb 20, 2004.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. beast

beast F1 World Champ

May 31, 2003
    Lewisville, TX
    Full Name:
    Rob Guess
    Well lets see only 15 more days to go and som interesting news is filtering out.

First Sauber is offering to Ferrari access to there new cooling system for the car. It seems that Sauber is using a curved radiator similar to what have been used on sport motorcycles for years now.

http://f1.racing-live.com/en/headlines/news/detail/040220090245.shtml

And in other news Kimi is not happy with the power and reliability of his engines

http://www.itv-f1.com/news/news_story/19828

AHHHHH 2 more weeks i cannot handle this slow long wait. Lets get the show on the road!!!

Forza Ferrari

Rob

2. kizdan

kizdan F1 Veteran

Dec 31, 2003
    Anxiously waiting!

3. tifosi12

tifosi12 Four Time F1 World Champ
    Lifetime Rossa Owner

Oct 3, 2002
    @ the wheel
    Full Name:
    Andreas
    The way I'm looking at it is: Right now we're basically back in the F1 rythm of the two weeks. We're two weeks away from the next race.

Helps me :)

4. V-10 Nut

V-10 Nut Rookie

Dec 1, 2003
    Missouri
    Full Name:
    Steve
    Anxious as well...I suspect this will be a very interesting and competitive season. Williams looks strong, Mclaren looks like a mess, Ferrari is staying tight lipped, and watch out for Renault.
    Yes, two weeks seems like a very long time.
    Forza Ferrari !!

5. 62 250 GTO

62 250 GTO F1 Veteran

Jan 9, 2004
    Nova Scotia Canada
    Full Name:
    Neil
    Now is the time. Either get behind the team or get the hell out!
    We don't need any "O, it's going to be close" or "I'm not sure this year".
    Kneel before the King or lose your head!

6. bobafett

bobafett F1 Veteran

Sep 28, 2002
    It has been a while...

--Dan

7. 96impalaSS

96impalaSS F1 Rookie

Dec 8, 2003
    Hell
    Full Name:
    Chris
    wait wait wait Kimi is not happy with something, go figure.

But honestly I cant wait, It's like im a 5 year old waiting for Santa Clause.

8. PSk

PSk F1 World Champ

Nov 20, 2002
    Tauranga, NZ
    Full Name:
    Pete
    Oh come on ;), F1 is not that stupid ... I think it might be a little more sophisticated than simply a curved radiator :D, er, one hopes ... :(

Pete

9. Gilles27

Gilles27 F1 World Champ

Mar 16, 2002
    Ex-Urbia
    Full Name:
    Jack
    I'm doubly psyched. We'll be out West skiing, and last year we found a bar nearby to show the race, so we'll do a repeat. What a shock THAT was to the folks who came to watch the Avalanche game!

10. PSk

PSk F1 World Champ

Nov 20, 2002
    Tauranga, NZ
    Full Name:
    Pete
    Ohh, BTW did I tell you that I'm going to the first race!!!!! ... :D

Pete

11. beast

beast F1 World Champ

May 31, 2003
    Lewisville, TX
    Full Name:
    Rob Guess
    Well remember it is all in the packaging of things. The only reson that the sport bikes have them is for a reduced frontal area on the bike. If you can get a smaller radiator width wise into the side pod you can sculpt the side pod for even more optimised air flow. The only reason i think that F1 has not used them as of yet has to be the cost of custom fabrication the unit. A standard F1 radiator is already a hand made piece of art. A curved one would be a Piccaso

BTW dont have to much fun there at the opening event ;)

Rob

12. PSk

PSk F1 World Champ

Nov 20, 2002
    Tauranga, NZ
    Full Name:
    Pete
    Hmmm, I guess they cannot be at the forefront with everything ???

Thanks, looking forward to it ... :D ... will be the first time my father and I have been to an F1 event together, as well as a very good mate of mine. I grew up watching races with my father so will be great to relive that experience ... we still do debrief phone calls after every F1 race :)

Pete

13. beast

beast F1 World Champ

May 31, 2003
    Lewisville, TX
    Full Name:
    Rob Guess
    I hear you there i have been trying to drag my dad out to the USGP this year but he still does not want to go since he said "you will be to busy hanging out with all of your buddies on Ferrari Chat" i have no clue what he is talking about since i will not have any net access that weekend :D

Rob

14. tifosi12

Lifetime Rossa Owner

Oct 3, 2002
    @ the wheel
    Full Name:
    Andreas
    Nice little sidetrack on this thread:

I had the pleasure of attending the British GP at Brands Hatch with my parents. My good mother dragged a full size mounted photo of Alan Jones with her. We went to the Williams pit (remember in those days regular people could walk the pitlane) and one of the mechanics took me with the picture through the pits to Alan's RV where he signed it. Unimaginable by today's standards.

F1 in the seventies had their oil (?) radiators in front. I always thought that was a clever arrangement.

Pete, please take some pics in Melbourne and post them here afterwards. I'm jealous, no question.

Maybe we can put together a little photo gallery of all (?) the F1 events this year with pics from us FChatters?

15. beast

beast F1 World Champ

May 31, 2003
    Lewisville, TX
    Full Name:
    Rob Guess
    Andreas;

Great idea :)

Rob

16. Gilles27

Gilles27 F1 World Champ

Mar 16, 2002
    Ex-Urbia
    Full Name:
    Jack
    Andreas, I'm going to take pictures again this year, whichever race(s) I attend. Unfortunately my group is losing interest in Montreal, but I really want to go. Do you have your Alan Jones displayed? I don't recall seeing it. That FW07 with Saudia livery is still one of my all time favorite F1 cars.

17. tifosi12

Lifetime Rossa Owner

Oct 3, 2002
    @ the wheel
    Full Name:
    Andreas
    Pete is covering Melbourne, I'll be in Barcelona, Jack in Montreal, Rob in Indy. That's a start and I'm sure some of our European FChatters will cover more European GPs. I think Helmut is going to Shanghai and we have an FChatter who lives in Bahrain. Heck, we could even turn it into a little contest and vote for pictures. FChat is such a cool tool.

Yes, I have the Alan Jones picture on display now. Didn't have it when you were here last time (it was still in Switzerland). I took it in the Motodrom of Hockenheim in 79 when Alan won, but couldn't win the WC (silly rules). Not sure on this, but might have been his maiden victory just after Rega won the first ever for Williams in England.

18. moretti

moretti Five Time F1 World Champ
    Lifetime Rossa Owner

Nov 1, 2003
    Australia
    Full Name:
    John
    so am I :)

can catch up for a drink on Saturday if you want.

I'm going GA this year, the stands are a rip off unless you are damn lucky

19. F1racer

F1racer F1 Rookie

Oct 5, 2003
    Laval
    Full Name:
    Jean
    All that I hope for the 2004 season is that its as close as last year and that MS and Ferrari will be champion again. I would also like to see GF getting a victory.

Oh well
    ...soon I will have to get early on weekends to watch F1.
    Can't wait!!

20. PSk

PSk F1 World Champ

Nov 20, 2002
    Tauranga, NZ
    Full Name:
    Pete
    GA is pretty good, but this year I have been lazy and got tickets in the Fangio stand ... so I can watch the START!

BTW: You have a pm.

Pete
    ps: Just bought a scanner ... so all set for Melbourne pictures ;)

21. beast

beast F1 World Champ

May 31, 2003
    Lewisville, TX
    Full Name:
    Rob Guess
  22. tifosi69

tifosi69 Formula 3

Dec 23, 2003
    Atlanta, Ga.
    Full Name:
    Al-Al Cool J
    I'm so desparate for F1 to start I actually watched DAYTONA !! DAYTONA for gosh sakes !! I need to go to Betty Ford I think.