My Custom 360 by Steffen (SM-Model-Art): BAD REVIEW!! | FerrariChat

My Custom 360 by Steffen (SM-Model-Art): BAD REVIEW!!

Discussion in 'Collectables, Literature, & Models' started by karmavore, Feb 20, 2004.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. TSMIV

TSMIV Formula Junior

Jan 27, 2004
    Columbus, MS
    Full Name:
    Robert Goodman
    I think your feelings are right on the money.

2. karmavore

karmavore Formula 3

Dec 29, 2002
    Hell
    Full Name:
    Karmavore
    :) That I'm being overly harsh?

3. TSMIV

TSMIV Formula Junior

Jan 27, 2004
    Columbus, MS
    Full Name:
    Robert Goodman
    No, that you did not get what you paid for.

Who made the original model?

4. karmavore

karmavore Formula 3

Dec 29, 2002
    Hell
    Full Name:
    Karmavore
    Hotwheels. They're the only ones that make a 360S. It's very disapointing considering all of the hoops we BOTH had to jump through. Look at that top!! Is that not the sloppiest thing you've seen since 2nd grade art class???

5. TSMIV

TSMIV Formula Junior

Jan 27, 2004
    Columbus, MS
    Full Name:
    Robert Goodman
    That is one way to put it. I like Steffen, he seems like a nice guy, but this is bad. I expected better.

I have that model at home and the front ducts in front of the wheels looks different. Is it just the picture?

Go to http://photos.yahoo.com/tsmiv and see what I mean. It is in the Ferrari Chat album: Ferrari 360

6. jj2728

jj2728 Karting

Jan 19, 2004
    Ontario
    what scale is this model?.....

7. karmavore

karmavore Formula 3

Dec 29, 2002
    Hell
    Full Name:
    Karmavore
    This is a 1:18 IMOLA (custom bumper) 360S.

8. jj2728

jj2728 Karting

Jan 19, 2004
    Ontario
    then it is atrocious.....even more so that it is in that large a scale....that he charges such a sum for trash like that gives people like myself who model for a profession a bad name.....you should'nt have to pay that type sum for this crap........sorry, but that's the way i feel......and since i do this for a living i think i have a right to say so.....

9. TSMIV

TSMIV Formula Junior

Jan 27, 2004
    Columbus, MS
    Full Name:
    Robert Goodman
    After seeing the soft top was not sure.

10. 134282

134282 Four Time F1 World Champ
    BANNED

Aug 3, 2002
    California
    Full Name:
    Carbon McCoy
    Unfortunately, i feel your pain...

For Christmas, i purchased a scale Testarossa engine from Steffen, for Bruce; had him ship it to Bruce's house so it made it there in time for Christmas... Bruce got it, was very appreciative, etcetera... First time i came to visit him after that, i saw it; there are pieces that are loose, ready to fall off... Other pieces have already fallen off... The metal looks dirty but it's really unfinished; the bottom it comes on is unattached... He came down on the price, but it was still a consider sum (at least for me)... i'm not pleased with it, in the least...

11. karmavore

karmavore Formula 3

Dec 29, 2002
    Hell
    Full Name:
    Karmavore
    NNO,

Have you posted your feelings here before?

Steffen needs to account for this crap!

On his website his stuff looks nice.

Luke.

12. 134282

134282 Four Time F1 World Champ
    BANNED

Aug 3, 2002
    California
    Full Name:
    Carbon McCoy
    No.

i concur...

Yeah, i thought the same thing...

i have to say, $200 for just about ANY 1:18 model is steep, modified or otherwise... But $200 for THAT...? Luke, you need your money back...

13. Prowler

Prowler Karting

Jan 10, 2004
    Glendale,Arizona
    Full Name:
    Matt
    i'm not quite sure what to say....if steffan did this for free then you can't say much...but for $200.00(in my opinion) a professional job is to be expected.this quality is nothing short of a joke.steffan should apologize and refund your money.

14. jordan747_400

jordan747_400 F1 Veteran
    Lifetime Rossa

Dec 9, 2002
    Houston, TX
    Full Name:
    Jordan
    whats his website address?

15. F355guy

F355guy Karting

Dec 19, 2003
    Full Name:
    John P.
    Luke, sorry to hear that your disappointed. Hope you resolve the situation with him. Not sure if you can get a full refund but try to negotiate to get part of it back.

16. kescape

kescape Karting

Nov 11, 2003
    It is ugly. The head lights, door jams and "WHITE HORSE" are unforgivable. Can you get a refund?

17. Scott85

Scott85 Formula 3

Dec 16, 2000
    Dayton , OH
    I've seen his work for the past couple of years on other boards, and it usually looked really good, but this is just bad.

18. karmavore

karmavore Formula 3

Dec 29, 2002
    Hell
    Full Name:
    Karmavore
    Thanks for the support guys.

I wanted to try to resolve it with Steffen first before I plastered these pictures on the web, but honestly I wasn't sure if I was over reacting. I say this becuse I bought a model from Cavallino Models a while back that was almost as sloppy (which I returned) and with the arrival of Steffen's work I began to think the problem was with my expectations.

Luke.

19. Gimme Fuel

Gimme Fuel F1 Veteran

Mar 15, 2003
    In my 348
    Full Name:
    Paul (Norway)
    This must be the rip-off of the century - demand your money back, it looks like it have painted by a blind 5 year old kid.

Paul
    www.SuperCarCrash.com

20. tifosi12

tifosi12 Four Time F1 World Champ
    Lifetime Rossa Owner

Oct 3, 2002
    @ the wheel
    Full Name:
    Andreas
    This does not look. $ 200 is the usual price for such customized models, but the way it came out is a tad below standard.

I have bought customized models and they are in general of better quality. But you can't compare any customized model to say a Kyosho, there will always be imperfections.

That's also why I would never try to sell my own customization jobs to anybody. They're not perfect either and I can live with it, but I know somebody else might not be a satisfied customer afterwards.

I hope Steffen and you can reconcile the situation. Sounds like a discount would be in order (shipping the model back would probably be cost prohibitive).

21. stemuell

stemuell Rookie

Jan 15, 2004

hi,

bad news - of course.
    but not all is right and the most items are the half is true.

firstly - the engine is never from me - its an other steffen - i never have made enignes till now!

second - this man would have a white one .. if he want a normal red oder yellow - its will be the Mattel color and much more cheaper!!!!!!!!

third: in back the cavalino rampante - i have made an "Photo-acid" one on the back ... i dont know where it is on the pics?

next ... the paint is made by a car-painter! - i dont know why it is so bad.
    and by the way .. all that he write - i same items right .. but is it sooo ugly - please look the car in a normal pic - and not zoom 5x or higher.

now i will change my painter of course.

and in one point he have 100% right - the side-vents of the Imolafront - excuse me! - but its a handmade model!

so i dont know what i can say more.

shipping was 35,-Euro to USA - painting 40,- euro

he dont say any words for the good times - he told every bad - he should also say every good!

www.sm-model-art.de

best regards steffen

22. Maximo_Tifoso

Maximo_Tifoso Karting

Jan 8, 2004
    Houston TX
    No point in rationalizing and making up excuses for a bad job. That car should've never been delivered.

23. Scott85

Scott85 Formula 3

Dec 16, 2000
    Dayton , OH
    Since the front bumper is hand made(resin?), the side inlets could've been sanded so they were smooth. The painter didn't even bother to take the door panels off prior to painting the car, although I will admit, the HW cars are a PITA to take apart with all the super glue & rivets they use.

24. KennyH

KennyH F1 Veteran
    Owner

Aug 13, 2001
    NYC
    Full Name:
    Kenny
    stemuell, did you use white out to paint this?