Whats the deal with the other-other ferrari online forum | FerrariChat

Whats the deal with the other-other ferrari online forum

Discussion in 'Other Off Topic Forum' started by TimN88, Feb 19, 2004.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. TimN88

TimN88 F1 Veteran

Jun 12, 2001
    Northeast
    Full Name:
    Tim
    No i do not mean ferrari-talk or ferrariforum..i mean the other one.
    I actually didnt know it existed until tonight. Does anyone else here post there? I did see one post in which fchat was belittled.

2. Tyler

Tyler F1 Rookie

Dec 19, 2001
    dusty old farm town
    Full Name:
    Tyler
    ummm, which forum would that be???

3. TSMIV

TSMIV Formula Junior

Jan 27, 2004
    Columbus, MS
    Full Name:
    Robert Goodman
    If you are talking about the one I think you are, the other biggie Ferrari forum, then... kind of.

I was referred to Ferrari Chat by the administrator. Not personally mind you, but he always posted positively about Rob and everyone here. He posts on here sometimes.

A post in which Ferrari Chat was belittled? That is funny because I remember seeing numerous posts where members belittled that site on its forums and encourage everyone to go to "the real enthusiast site": Ferrari Chat.

As to the "kind of". It is a little intimidating. I feel that I have nothing to really add to their forum as I am not yet an owner. Once I get a Ferrari, then I will post away.

Tim, I have been meaning to PM you. I will include which site I am talking about in that. Expect it before Sunday.

4. rob lay

rob lay Administrator
    Staff Member Admin Miami 2018 Owner

Dec 1, 2000
    Southlake, TX
    Full Name:
    Rob Lay
    Are you talking about The Ferrari List?

The Ferrari List is the only Ferrari community older than FerrariChat.com, except maybe the little used Yahoo boards.

There are great people over there. I think most just use the email list though.

There's also the Owners site, the FCA tech site, and Yang's site. Many various communities for many different uses and personalities.

5. GrigioGuy

GrigioGuy Splenda Daddy
    Lifetime Rossa Owner

Nov 26, 2001
    E ' ' '/ F
    Full Name:
    Trailer Swift
    He's referencing a post on ferraridomain.com. Ferraridomain.com bills itself as the "Original Ferrari Discussion Forum" and was registered about a month before Ferrarichat.com. It doesn't appear to have a large membership, but they're loyal :)

6. rob lay

rob lay Administrator

Dec 1, 2000
    Southlake, TX
    Full Name:
    Rob Lay
    Thanks for the FYI Tillman. That's one I didn't know about and I thought I knew them all.

I just thought of another one... U12buy.com I think.

Hey, I was wondering if I should list on FC a complete list of Ferrari communities with a little info on each.

I don't see how that could hurt anything. What does everyone think?

7. Tyler

Tyler F1 Rookie

Dec 19, 2001
    dusty old farm town
    Full Name:
    Tyler
    Rob, I don't think that's a bad idea at all. I know I decided this would be my community after watching several different ones for the better part of a year. This site was far superior to the others IMO so that's why I chose this one. Doesn't hurt to give people a link the alternatives.

8. TSMIV

TSMIV Formula Junior

Jan 27, 2004
    Columbus, MS
    Full Name:
    Robert Goodman
    I thought he was talking about FCA.

I had never heard of this one either.

9. bostonmini

bostonmini Formula 3

Nov 8, 2003
    Is it bad to read ALL of them?:) and post! The more info spread, the better, IMHO...

10. rob lay

rob lay Administrator

Dec 1, 2000
    Southlake, TX
    Full Name:
    Rob Lay
    sounds good to me, I use to have a competitive attitude, now I just want to get some sleep! please, take some of the load off. :)

11. darth550

darth550 Six Time F1 World Champ
    Lifetime Rossa

Jul 14, 2003
    In front of you
    Full Name:
    BCHC
    Greetings from Rio,

For what it's worth, I have posted there (off and on) for quite a while. I always found it to be a worthwhile forum. The only drawback is the length of time it takes for the other members to respond.

Other than that, I like it and I still post there from time to time.

DL

12. 96impalaSS

96impalaSS F1 Rookie

Dec 8, 2003
    Hell
    Full Name:
    Chris
  13. vraa

vraa F1 Rookie
    Rossa Subscribed

Oct 31, 2003
    Texas
    Full Name:
    Mr. A
    While you're sleeping can I drive your car :)