SpeedRing 11/11 | FerrariChat

SpeedRing 11/11

Discussion in 'California & Nevada (Northern)' started by Gary(SF), Nov 9, 2003.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. Gary(SF)

Gary(SF) F1 Rookie

Oct 13, 2003
    Los Altos Hills, CA
    Full Name:
    Gary B.
    Anyone interested in a SpeedRing session on Tues, Nov 11th at 5 pm, I'm looking for a couple of hot shoes to fill out a group.

2. Artherd

Artherd F1 Veteran

Jun 19, 2002
    Bay Area, CA
    Full Name:
    Ben Cannon
    Dude! Dan! You know you and I wanna!

Gary- ok if this would be only my second time in a kart, or are you looking for more expierenced people?

Best!
    Ben.

3. Gary(SF)

Gary(SF) F1 Rookie

Oct 13, 2003
    Los Altos Hills, CA
    Full Name:
    Gary B.
    No problem, most of us have only been there a few times, I've been twice, some others have been more but nobody's a Schuie! See you there.

4. vincent355

vincent355 F1 Veteran
    Rossa Subscribed

Apr 8, 2003
    Wine Country
    Full Name:
    Vincent
    Gary,

Where is Speedring?

Vincent.

5. Gary(SF)

Gary(SF) F1 Rookie

Oct 13, 2003
    Los Altos Hills, CA
    Full Name:
    Gary B.
    Vincent -

SpeedRing
    2900 Mead Avenue
    Santa Clara, CA 95051

www.speedring.org

Gary

6. bobafett

bobafett F1 Veteran

Sep 28, 2002
    Gary,

Are you doing practices or an enduro or proper race or what? If it's one of the latter, I might join you.

If you guys are interested in karting - I have a *BIG* surprise...

--Dan

7. Gary(SF)

Gary(SF) F1 Rookie

Oct 13, 2003
    Los Altos Hills, CA
    Full Name:
    Gary B.
    Dan -

Someone else is setting it up, but I believe it is qualifying followed by a proper race.

Gary

8. bobafett

bobafett F1 Veteran

Sep 28, 2002
    Gary: if you could find out the format, how many people you're looking for and the cost, I'd be much obliged. I just might show up and bring some friends. :D Been meaning to get some kart time in anyways.

--Dan

PS: By format I mean how long of a session is it, are you doing two-man teams (for an enduro), etc?

9. Artherd

Artherd F1 Veteran

Jun 19, 2002
    Bay Area, CA
    Full Name:
    Ben Cannon
    <packs up helmet, shoes, gloves> See you all at 5!

Best!
    Ben.

10. Gary(SF)

Gary(SF) F1 Rookie

Oct 13, 2003
    Los Altos Hills, CA
    Full Name:
    Gary B.
    Dan -

Unfortunately I've been unable to reach the guy putting it together. All I can go by is him saying a quallie and a race, and it's "two-for-Tuesday" so the price should be decent.

Gary

11. ART360

ART360 Guest

Gary:

Sorry got a dinner date with my 80 year old aunt. Let me know the next time you're going to be going there. My buddy, Doug Daniels' kid used to work there. JD (Jerome Dino Daniels) now working for the cart place in Burlingame. Unlike his old man, the kid can drive (just kidding, Doug)

Art

12. bobafett

bobafett F1 Veteran

Sep 28, 2002
    Art: We're gonna start doing regular events at the burlingame place. What is your buddy's son doing there? I met two of the owners last week.

--Dan

13. Artherd

Artherd F1 Veteran

Jun 19, 2002
    Bay Area, CA
    Full Name:
    Ben Cannon
    I managed to make it, and snuck in another kart in the second session. Special thanks to John and Gary for putting it together!

The indoor stuff is a hoot! Kind of like driving a heavier 80cc on ICE! (the surface is so slick) Speeds don't exceed 40mph by much, but it's still quite fun, and very loose. You learn to read the pavement as much as the corners.

Best!
    Ben.

14. bobafett

bobafett F1 Veteran

Sep 28, 2002
    ICE? Was it that slippery? Shouldn't have been so bad...perhaps the track needs resurfacing? The real trick is to warm the tires and get a kart that's been running for most of the day.

Actually, at speedring, I remember one kart's brakes were fading (on a kart??), and so I would enter turns WAY faster than I had intended to...well, I managed to put out a couple of REALLY fast laps until the damn thing sent me into a barrier. Got a new kart, cold as hell, and I was down at least 5s / lap! Blargh.

--Dan