Best "Non Flashy" Car Cover | FerrariChat

Best "Non Flashy" Car Cover

Discussion in 'Ferrari Discussion (not model specific)' started by ghost, Feb 19, 2004.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. ghost

ghost F1 World Champ
    Lifetime Rossa

Dec 10, 2003
    Singapore
    Looking to cover my beauty (even though my 355B is not even here yet), and wanted to get board member opinions on the best car cover out there (assuming a reasonable price) since mine doesn't come with a cover. Looking for something sturdy that is breathable and that will protect well against the elements. Three distinct questions in this regard:

(1) Best non-Ferrari car cover (again within reasonable price limits)?

(2) Best place to get a Ferrari-specific 355B cover?

(3) Has any body used two covers to cover their car. Ie, one car cover that is snug and tight fitting, and a second car cover that is looser, and kinda glides on top of the car. Pros/cons of this approach (assuming you already have the second car cover)?

Thanks much!

Regards.

2. JaguarXJ6

JaguarXJ6 F1 Veteran

Feb 12, 2003
    Black Hawk, CO
    Full Name:
    Sunny
    Superweave, www.calcarcover.com, no affiliation, just an EXTREMELY satisfied customer. Ultra light weight, multi layer woven fiber that feels as thin as 1 sheet, breathable, 99% water proof, washable (air dry, don't use a dryer, screws it up), 3 or 4 year warranty, custom fit, protects against dust, $300 or less including shipping. Its as light as the Ferrari stock covers. It doesn't have elastic around the corners but they could probably put something together for you.

Its made by Nextek. Don't cover if dusty or dirty and it will be exactly what you need.

Sunny

3. ghost

ghost F1 World Champ
    Lifetime Rossa

Dec 10, 2003
    Singapore
    This is very helpful -- thank you. Other thoughts?

4. ghost

ghost F1 World Champ
    Lifetime Rossa

Dec 10, 2003
    Singapore
    Any other input guys? I'd like to order something in the next day or two, so that it gets here when my baby arrives. Thanks.

Regards.

5. Ingenere

Ingenere F1 Veteran
    Owner Silver Subscribed

Dec 11, 2001
    On the Limit
    Full Name:
    Dino
    I have been covering my cars for years and one of the best fabrics that I have used is called Noah. Stormguard is also great.

Most auto sites have them....and will do them custom. I think that I purchased from www.autoanything.com last time.

Ciao

Dino

6. colo348

colo348 Karting

Nov 1, 2003
    Colorado
    Full Name:
    Jim