Ferraris at rest in Bryn Mawr | FerrariChat

Ferraris at rest in Bryn Mawr

Discussion in 'Ferrari Discussion (not model specific)' started by dm_n_stuff, Feb 20, 2004.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. dm_n_stuff

dm_n_stuff Four Time F1 World Champ
    Lifetime Rossa Owner

#1 dm_n_stuff, Feb 20, 2004
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 7, 2017
  2. ghost

ghost F1 World Champ
    Lifetime Rossa

Dec 10, 2003
    Singapore
    Nice pics. Thanks for sharing. What's going on with the last pic. Which model have they had to take the engine out for?

Regards.

3. Teenferrarifan

Teenferrarifan F1 Rookie

Feb 21, 2003
    Media, PA
    Full Name:
    Erik
    Great shots Dave. What is the update on the dino? How is everything going with it? Also, did Bob's son jeff's maserati race car come in yet? Last time I was in Bob said it should be in around Feb-March?
    Erik

4. Teenferrarifan

Teenferrarifan F1 Rookie

Feb 21, 2003
    Media, PA
    Full Name:
    Erik
    Oh BTW on Wednesday night around 6pm I spotted a red 575 with tan interior on montgomery(sp) ave. Anyone know who's it is. Young-middle aged guy driving.
    Erik

5. dm_n_stuff

Lifetime Rossa Owner

That's my Dino. Motor's out for a rebuild, waiting for new hardened valve seats and then it's finally going to get stuck back in.

6. dm_n_stuff

Lifetime Rossa Owner

Dunno. didn't see it.

7. Victory

Victory Formula Junior

Jan 28, 2004
    I love the Dino. You must be very proud of it.

8. labcars

labcars Formula 3
    Rossa Subscribed

Jan 22, 2003
    Phila. + Scottsdale
    Dave, are you going with aftermarket/repro head gaskets, or will you be searching desperately for NOS ELRING gaskets? After two months of searching, Tim Stanford and I finally came up with some ELRINGS, and I've got a spare left side if you find that you may need it.

My car (#08508) should be finished within the next two weeks, so we have to go chasing each other in the spring!

9. dm_n_stuff

Lifetime Rossa Owner

#9 dm_n_stuff, Feb 21, 2004
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 7, 2017
    Actually haven't had that conversation yet with Tony at Algar. Suspect he's going to use repro/aftermarket, as ther has been so much stuff torn off the motor that making it back to original would be tough, to say the least.

No emissions stuff left, aftermarket ingition system, etc. So, I'd like to get it running, then see where we go from there.

Hey, my '72 has single color, black, Daytona style seats. It came with red carpet. I'm changing to black, wilton wool carpet, adn am considering a switch to tan/black seats and door panels in tan.

What do you think? The guys at Algar love the idea.

I have refinished the black in the mean time. Here's a couple of pix fir comparison.

As to the chase, a bunch of guys are trying to get together on March 20th down in Wilmington, that might be a consideration if your car is ready. Mine will not be, but I can take the 911 or TR6 and go for it.
    Image Unavailable, Please Login
    Image Unavailable, Please Login

10. dm_n_stuff

Lifetime Rossa Owner

Thanks.

I'll love it even more when it hits the road. IT will still be original paint, but pretty much everthing else will have been replaced or refurbished.

But it is a classic, and to me, one of the most beautiful cars Ferrari ever built. I've wanted one ever since I first saw one on the road in the 70's.

11. labcars

labcars Formula 3
    Rossa Subscribed

Jan 22, 2003
    Phila. + Scottsdale
    Dave, I love the tan/black insert daytonas. That's what I have in my car. I've got some light beige carpets that I'll live with for a while, but fully intend to change to black carpets next winter. For now I need to drive it!! I intend to make it on the 20th, but am looking for a Dino specific run sometime soon.

12. dm_n_stuff

Lifetime Rossa Owner

Should be ready 1st week of April.

Look for the first sunny Saturday, or Friday afternoon, as I bug out early on Fridays, to take a drive down Goshen Road.

13. Gilles27

Gilles27 F1 World Champ

Mar 16, 2002
    Ex-Urbia
    Full Name:
    Jack
    Dave, I love the Dino. I think the tan/black seats look great and would lend an even more classic look to the car. Let us know what you decide.

14. dm_n_stuff

Lifetime Rossa Owner

Pretty much already decided to go tan/black, black carpet. Should look really sharp when it's done.

Just looking for a little positive reinforcement, I guess.

15. labcars

labcars Formula 3
    Rossa Subscribed

Jan 22, 2003
    Phila. + Scottsdale
    You're on!!!!

16. zjpj

zjpj F1 Veteran

Nov 4, 2003
    USA
    I like the tan a lot and if you are considering the change I would definitely go for it! Good luck with the rebuild.