The 250 GTO of Tomorrow | FerrariChat

The 250 GTO of Tomorrow

Discussion in 'Ferrari Discussion (not model specific)' started by rjklein, Feb 21, 2004.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. rjklein

rjklein Karting

Nov 3, 2003
    What will the 250 GTO of Tomorrow be?

288 GTO?
    F-50?
    F-40?

any thoughts

2. judge4re

judge4re F1 World Champ

Apr 26, 2003
    Never home
    Full Name:
    Dr. Dumb Ass
    None. They made too many of all of them. 333 SP is probably more in the running for collectability, but then again, its not streetable.

3. Schatten

Schatten F1 World Champ
    Owner

Apr 3, 2001
    Austin, TX
    Full Name:
    Randy
    #3 Schatten, Feb 21, 2004
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 7, 2017
    it could happen!
    Image Unavailable, Please Login

4. Evolved

Evolved F1 Veteran

Nov 5, 2003
    Since there are so many of each model made look for cars with rare options combinations.

Perhaps a 355 gts f1 without air conditioning?

The "hot" models with the least or strangest combination or factory options tend to be the ones that become valuable in other lines of cars.

Rare colors don't count for much but an early example with say, no abs would be mORe valuable.

Cars that are under appreciated in the current maket and tend to get trashed, thus becoming more rare in 20 years.

I'd say the 348 and 512tr are good candidates for long term future collectibles.

A sure bet would be the 512M

5. EVartanian

EVartanian Formula 3

Mar 19, 2002
    Sunny SoCal
    Full Name:
    Eric
    Hmm...and which one of those was the super racer?

6. tifosi69

tifosi69 Formula 3

Dec 23, 2003
    Atlanta, Ga.
    Full Name:
    Al-Al Cool J
    I agree.

7. andrewg

andrewg F1 Rookie
    BANNED

Sep 10, 2002
    Chester, England
    Full Name:
    AndrewG
    it may not be a Ferrari but the Mclaren F1 seems to be the closest in spirit to the 250 GTO, both streetable and both capable of storming round le-Mans with little modification. or maybe the F40lm if it can be road registered

8. zjpj

zjpj F1 Veteran

Nov 4, 2003
    USA
    the Ferrari FX has the best chance, but I wouldn't want to have to replace the gearbox..

I agree with Andrew - probably not going to be another production Ferrari - they make too many of them. More likely the Mclaren. Porsche GT1 and CLK GTR will hold their value because of rarity as well. 512M in U.S. version has definite potential to be collectible. But I vote for the FX

9. ross

ross Three Time F1 World Champ
    Owner Silver Subscribed

Mar 25, 2002
    houston/geneva
    Full Name:
    Ross
    the 550 LM Pro-Drive. now all they need to do is make about 30 more of them......