New to So Cal | FerrariChat

New to So Cal

Discussion in 'California (Southern)' started by enzorio2001, Feb 21, 2004.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. enzorio2001

enzorio2001 Rookie

Feb 21, 2004
    Long Beach/Australia
    Full Name:
    Steve C
    Just moved to So Cal from Australia and just joined this site. Wonderful forum!

Interested in attending Crystal Cove? Where is it? When do you all meet.
    Any information on ferrari events, good places to eat, bars and entertainment in LA/Orange County would be welcomed. I just moved to Long Beach and work in Newport Coast.

Any fellow ferrari owning Aussies out there?

2. Bmyth-FDC

Bmyth-FDC F1 Rookie

Oct 4, 2002
    Southern California
    Full Name:
    Byron
    Welcome to southern california.

This is a great area with a very strong community of drivers and enthusiasts!

We look forward to you joining us in one of our driving events soon!

Byron

3. Z06Kal

Z06Kal Karting

Nov 5, 2003
    Enzorio welcome to the forum! Did I read your profile correct in that you own an enzo? If so awesome! Can't wait to see it on some of our drives.

4. TheScarletStang

TheScarletStang Formula Junior

Feb 7, 2004
    Irvine, California
    Full Name:
    Sean Salter
    and you own a 2001 F2001?!?! holy crap!

welcome to the boards and so cal ^_^

5. enzorio2001

enzorio2001 Rookie

Feb 21, 2004
    Long Beach/Australia
    Full Name:
    Steve C
    Great recommendation for dining - Haus of Pizza. Thanks for the information a very cheerful place. I understand the merchant owner also is a Ferrari enthusiast or owner? Thanks for all the PM's on Crystal Cove. I hope to attend in the upcoming weeks. Any other information on So Cal is appreciated.

6. Chiaro_Slag

Chiaro_Slag F1 Veteran

Oct 31, 2003
    CA
    Full Name:
    Jerry
    Hello!

Hope to meet you at one of the many So Cal events! Hope you enjoy your new location! :)

7. jordan747_400

jordan747_400 F1 Veteran
    Lifetime Rossa

Dec 9, 2002
    Houston, TX
    Full Name:
    Jordan
    The owner of Haus of Pizza is "zsnnf" on Fchat. He has the F40 with black wheels.

8. Kevallino

Kevallino Formula 3

Feb 10, 2004
    Mid-Ohio
    Full Name:
    Kevin
    Enzorio - I lived in Sydney from '94 to '01 and am a dual citizen now. Don't have my F-car yet, but now that my wife has her Boxster S, I have been given permission to get my first one!

I joined the group a couple of weeks ago but have been away (in Sydney again) but am looking forward to getting out to some of these events and meeting some of you folks.

Cheers
    Kevin

PS - I ran the Dutton GP Rally in '98 and '99 - did you ever do any of the rallies in Oz??

9. Ferrari Boy

Ferrari Boy Formula 3

Oct 25, 2003
    Long Beach CA
    Full Name:
    David Couch
    It also says he lives in Long Beach. I live in Long Beach and was wondering what part?

-David

10. enzorio2001

enzorio2001 Rookie

Feb 21, 2004
    Long Beach/Australia
    Full Name:
    Steve C
    I live in Belmont Shores. Whereabouts do you live?

11. enzorio2001

enzorio2001 Rookie

Feb 21, 2004
    Long Beach/Australia
    Full Name:
    Steve C
    Kevin,

Cheers to you! You live in Los Angeles. Glad to hear of the F-car purchase. I participated in a few rallies in Oz quite some time ago. I am looking forward to some of the events with F-chat folks as well.

12. zsnnf

zsnnf Formula 3

Sep 11, 2003
    Hi Steve,
    Who told you about Haus of Pizza??
    I am there Mon-Fri during the day and usually late Tues and Friday nites. Come on in and introduce yourself. I'm sure we can find a few beers that need to be opened.

Rick

13. enzorio2001

enzorio2001 Rookie

Feb 21, 2004
    Long Beach/Australia
    Full Name:
    Steve C
    Just sent ya a personal message. Look forward to meeting you in person.
    Cheers. Steve

14. zsnnf

zsnnf Formula 3

Sep 11, 2003
    It hasn't shown up....

15. Chiaro_Slag

Chiaro_Slag F1 Veteran

Oct 31, 2003
    CA
    Full Name:
    Jerry
    If you come at the right time, you might even see me there! :)

16. jordan747_400

jordan747_400 F1 Veteran
    Lifetime Rossa

Dec 9, 2002
    Houston, TX
    Full Name:
    Jordan
    You know Rick, Id like to show up there as well. Can you give us some directions?

17. Chiaro_Slag

Chiaro_Slag F1 Veteran

Oct 31, 2003
    CA
    Full Name:
    Jerry
    Harbor and adams. I took the 405n there to Harbor and made a left off the freeway. Then I made a right on Adams & it is right there on the right hand side next to the Paul Mitchell school.

The harbor exit on the 405n is kind of messed up so be careful - I think they put up a temporary exit, so watch for it.

18. Ferrari Boy

Ferrari Boy Formula 3

Oct 25, 2003
    Long Beach CA
    Full Name:
    David Couch
    I don't live on the beach really, I'm about 20-30 min. from it. I am very near the border of Lakewood and live off Bellflower Blvd.

Oh, BTW everyone, my family are back from Long Beach airport on our trip to Chicago. I had alot of fun. And Jordan, I didn't really see any planes and I didn't have the camera so sorry no pics of the jets :(.

-David

19. DynastyD_308qv

Nov 24, 2003
    Long Beach, CA
    Full Name:
    Ron Couch Jr.
    Actually son .... we are 5 minutes north of "Belmont Shores"... and around 10 minutes from the beach... unless we take the Ferrari. :)

20. Throttleman

Throttleman Formula Junior

Sep 26, 2003
    Pasadena,CA
    Full Name:
    Jay Ablett
    Welcome Steve, I am a canadian F-car enthusiast who recently joined F-chat. I have met some of the greatest people on this board and just can't get my fix for seeing some of these cars on the road. You have a very unique opportunity here in Los Angeles to see some museum worthy vehicles actually driven on the road. Take advantage of it and get to know as many members as you can. You won't be disappointed.

Rick- I've been meening to stop by, perhaps a long drive out your way is warranted (if the beer offer still applies! LOL)

21. costa

costa Formula Junior

Nov 1, 2003
    Los Angeles
    Full Name:
    Costantino Bertuzzi
    Hey Steve

Come to see our Enzo at FX Performance in west LA and i will be glad to show you my racing facility.

Costa

www.fxperformance.com

22. Brigitte

Brigitte Guest

Jan 16, 2004
    Redondo Beach, CA
    Full Name:
    Brigitte
    Welcome to FChat. Our community is filled with fantastic members and now we have you...things are getting better all the time, it's nice to have you and your Enzo and I hope to meet you in person as many of us do I'm sure.

Please try to attend the FX events and FDC events they are always filled with terrific "Kodak" moments and lots of excitment, but most of all good friendships.

ciao,

Brigitte

www.fetchit.biz
    "Nice choice with the Enzo"!