The new Ford Mustang GT-Nice!!! | FerrariChat

The new Ford Mustang GT-Nice!!!

Discussion in 'American Muscle' started by Santini, Feb 21, 2004.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. Santini

Santini Formula Junior

Oct 1, 2003
    North Carolina
    Went to an auto show today to check out the new production cars.

Not a whole lot stood out from the crowd. Really liked the Infiniti G35 Sport Coupe..and this one: the new Ford Mustang GT. I normally don't give Ford products a second glance but this new 'Stang is SO nice!! They've done a helluva job with this one.

2. labcars

labcars Formula 3
    Rossa Subscribed

Jan 22, 2003
    Phila. + Scottsdale
    Couldn't agree more! The Mustang GT, in either coupe or convertible will make a great daily driver/beater.

3. Santini

Santini Formula Junior

Oct 1, 2003
    North Carolina
  4. zjpj

zjpj F1 Veteran

Nov 4, 2003
    USA
    Side mirrors should be body color. I just don't like cars with the black side mirrors. Murcielago is the one exception. I didn't really like the early Diablos for that reason. Gotta be body color.

5. Senna1994

Senna1994 F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Nov 11, 2003
    Orange County
    Full Name:
    Anthony T
    I was with my buddy who is also a member of this forum about how great the new Mustang looks. Its nice to see the American Manufacturers getting their act together. The C6 Corvette is really nice as well. But I think for bang for the buck the 300hp Mustang GT for $25k takes the cake.

6. KevinW

KevinW Karting

Nov 4, 2003
    Phoenix, AZ
    Full Name:
    Kevin
    I guess I'll be the first to say I absolutely HATE the new Mustang.

I'm pretty upset with what they did to a great car. I've owned a 1993 LX and a 1998 Cobra and I have to say that the 1995-1998 bodystyle is still the best looking.

The thing I don't understand is why they are trying to go back to the old look. It was cool with the T-Bird because they stopped making it for quite some time and bringing it back looking like the original was just cool. But the Mustang?

Come on Ford, what are you guys doing?

7. tvrfreak

tvrfreak F1 Rookie
    BANNED

Mar 31, 2003
    Arkansas
    Full Name:
    F K
    I really like the new retro-looking Mustang. What don't you like?

8. thecarreaper

thecarreaper F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Sep 30, 2003
    Savannah
    i like the new stang, love the GT. and i am a DIE HARD GM GUY. they killed the trans am . to hell with GM.

9. amenasce

amenasce Three Time F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Oct 17, 2001
    Full Name:
    Joe Mansion
    It needs to sit lower though

10. normhuff

normhuff Formula Junior

Dec 14, 2003
    Peoria, IL
    Full Name:
    J. Norman Huff, Esq.
    I guess I'm a die-hard GM dude in the fact that I would die before owning a Ford, the true four-letter F-word. It probably goes back to honing my driving teeth 30 years again with the family Maverick, which was a piece of doggie doo if there ever was one. There's no way you could convert me. If it was the last vehicle left after the nuclear holocaust, I'd walk to where I needed to go...

11. Texas Forever

Texas Forever Seven Time F1 World Champ
    Rossa Subscribed

Apr 28, 2003
    Texas!
    I saw this car at the Detroit show. Beautiful. Too bad that Ford is keeping the live axle in the rear. Can you say bunny hop?

Take Care

12. JSinNOLA

JSinNOLA F1 World Champ
    Sponsor Lifetime Rossa

Mar 18, 2002
    Denver, CO
    I think the SVT version is supposed to have an independant rear suspension...I sure hope so!

13. isellpower

isellpower Formula Junior

Nov 30, 2003
    Midwest
    Full Name:
    Jason

It already has one, since 1999.

14. KevinW

KevinW Karting

Nov 4, 2003
    Phoenix, AZ
    Full Name:
    Kevin
    I don't know...for some reason it just annoys me. I mean, it's supposed to be a SPORTS CAR. Sports car in MY mind means curvy flowing lines and "sporty" looking. The era they are trying to recreate is a MUSCLE CAR. I put both of them in two different catagories (even though a muscle car in its day was a sport car).

I just hate to see the nice lines the Mustang used to have (1995-1998) to what it is going to become.

Now the 'Vette....that's something different. I love what they've done to that car...

15. Santini

Santini Formula Junior

Oct 1, 2003
    North Carolina
    The new Mustang as a prime example of "back to the future". Mustangs never really moved me the way this one does.

16. ryalex

ryalex Two Time F1 World Champ
    Consultant Owner

Aug 6, 2003
    Las Vegas, NV
    Full Name:
    Ryan Alexander
    I also like the new Mustang - I finally saw one at the Canadian Auto Show, a GT in that light blue color. I was actually impressed at how low the roofline looked in proportion to the car, although it was hard to gauge total height as it was on a turntable. The only variable that's still in the air from my view is the weight - I can't picture what it handles like.

It seems that after many, many years of crap products Ford and Chevy are catching the drift. They need to make that new Shelby Cobra and the 427 too.

17. Johnny Bravo

Johnny Bravo Formula Junior

Jul 22, 2003
    DC Metro/MD
    Full Name:
    Ben
    I think the concept version of this car is/was phenomenal looking, but the production version shown here has lost a lot of the pinache of the concept. I think Ford carried over too much of the current model such as the roofline which doesn't, to me, seem to differentiate it enough from the current car. Hopefully if/when they introduce some special editions like the Cobra they'll give it some much needed aggressiveness that it lost in the transition from concept to production. One of my closest friends has a '95 Cobra which he's owned since new and is now quite highly modded & rather fast (intercooled ATI ProCharger, heads, cam, built driveline, and now waiting on a fully built engine, but currently around 520whp @ 11psi. or so) and I agree that the SN95's are my favorite Mustang. At least asthetically, although the interior is surprisingly snug (maybe even more so than my former RX-7 TT), ill designed (why the f'k is the stereo practically mounted UNDER the dash?!?!), and the seats feel like you're sitting on a cheap extremely overstuffed sofa. Hopefully Ford will really improve the interior drastically as it's by far (IMHO) the biggest detractor in an otherwise interesting car.

18. bostonmini

bostonmini Formula 3

Nov 8, 2003
    all it needs is an aftermarket/concept car hood! this one is lame, but for 25K its awesome, the interior is a great step up, id buy one.