308 window experts | FerrariChat

308 window experts

Discussion in 'Technical Q&A' started by Steve King, Feb 21, 2004.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. Steve King

Steve King F1 Rookie

Feb 15, 2001
    NY
    A few months ago I did the fuse block conversion to glass type NAPA holders. Now my window motors are about 50% faster but my passenger side window does not go down but the motor and cable a moving . I noticed today as the weather was a bit warmer (45F) if I push the window down it would go down but it would reverse itself while I had the window switch in the down position but if I forced it by hand the motor would reverse again and go down. Also when the window bottoms out if you keep the switch down the motor reverses and sends the window up. I may not be making myself to clear here but before I start pulling this apart I wanted to see if anyone has seen this. By the way the fuse block conversion does wonders for all of the elect. issues.

2. Jay GT4

Jay GT4 F1 Rookie

Oct 16, 2001
    La mamma dei fessi
    Full Name:
    e sempre incinta
    First thing I would say is take the window switch out and check the connectors, sometimes they are corrodid. Then look at the connections in the door to the actual motor. This requires you remove the door panel. Also look at the motor and cable. The cable may be binding or on it's way out.

3. ferrarifixer

ferrarifixer F1 Veteran
    BANNED

Jul 22, 2003
    Melbourne
    Full Name:
    Phil Hughes
    The door block connectors are quite easy to get to, up behind the fuse box or gauge panel depending which side.

I always connect a battery directly to the relative connections there first...that eliminates the need to remove door panel unnecessarily, so diagnosis can be made very quickly.

If you direct wire the two same colour window motor wires (biggest wires) in the block, the window will go one way. Reverse polarity and it will go the other.

All door electrics can be checked this way.....lamps, central locking, speakers, etc

4. joeyy

joeyy Karting

Nov 11, 2003
    long island
    Full Name:
    joe
    check the switch it sounds as though you have a something that is jumping the polarity inside. it may be a bent barb or debris. clean with contact cleaner and try again. also ferrarifixer is right on with that simple test.