How many TR512M were sold in Canada | FerrariChat

How many TR512M were sold in Canada

Discussion in 'Canada' started by MS250, Feb 21, 2004.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. MS250

MS250 Two Time F1 World Champ
    Lifetime Rossa

Dec 10, 2003
    Full Name:
    Avvocato
    The fact that only 500 were made world wide, 75 were sent to the U.S. Does anyone know how many were delivered to Canada? And has anyone seen one for sale ?

2. Peter

Peter F1 Veteran
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

Dec 21, 2000
    B.C., Canada
    I have a vague recollection of one being for sale at FofQue quite some time ago. Very, very rare car here in Canada. I wouldn't be surprised if you can count them all on one hand.

3. tbakowsky

tbakowsky F1 World Champ
    Consultant Professional Ferrari Technician

Sep 18, 2002
    The Cold North
    Full Name:
    Tom
    As a matter of fact a neighbor's friend on my street owns one. I see it in the summer occationaly. She be red/black. I have not spken to the owner as each time I've seen it he's been know were in sight. Very nice car,but not my first chocie. To kit car looking for my tast.

4. Jay GT4

Jay GT4 F1 Rookie

Oct 16, 2001
    La mamma dei fessi
    Full Name:
    e sempre incinta
    Really? I think the 512M is the best looking of the TR's.

5. 996

996 Rookie

Feb 18, 2004
    Greater Toronto Area
    Hey Big Red, Which TR do you have? Do you have a 512 or a Testarossa?

6. MS250

Lifetime Rossa

Dec 10, 2003
    Full Name:
    Avvocato
    I have an 86 TR with the fly mirror, red on blk. I never got into the 512 because of price and it looked very similar..the 512m looks much different and like the rear lights....the front lights and the wheels. Only problem is, for the price of a 512m your into 355 territory. And the reports from Spa for the 355 are much better than the 512m, its about a second faster on the track, shorter stopping distance. Not to mention its cheaper to service the 355 over the TR. The 512m for me would be more of the investing type for long term if i traded up form my 86.

7. 996

996 Rookie

Feb 18, 2004
    Greater Toronto Area
    Has servicing your TR been good or bad? (Maybe this should be another thread), because I've heard that there are many that can afford a TR, but not many that can afford maintaining one. That true?

8. MS250

Lifetime Rossa

Dec 10, 2003
    Full Name:
    Avvocato
    Had the car for 4 yrs now...did the major and doing the yearly stuff, like oil, rad and brake flushs. The car has been itself care free. I notice, the more it runs, the less ghosts I hear. As for maintaining, there is no such thing as a cheap ferrari to maintain. I have been fine with mine so far and strongly believe it will continue to be fine because its not a garage queen. As for a 348 or 355 or bb boxer, they all need the same love and attention yearly with flushes, and that is all the same in cost. The only real extra is if the car craps out on you and your 5/6 engine out service might be a bit more. Long story short...servicing has been good....don't believe the hype.