Ultimatums... | FerrariChat

Ultimatums...

Discussion in 'Other Off Topic Forum' started by 134282, Feb 22, 2004.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. 134282

134282 Four Time F1 World Champ
    BANNED

Aug 3, 2002
    California
    Full Name:
    Carbon McCoy
    Ok, before you cry that this sounds like a thread, hear me out... i think this could prove to be an interesting-story-filled thread...

Throughout your life, what ultimatums (if any) have people given you; why were they given, what were the ultimatums, what did you do and how did everything work out...? i think a topic like this could lead to some really cool stories...

2. DrStranglove

DrStranglove FChat Assassin
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

Oct 31, 2003
    Google Maps
    Full Name:
    DrS
    "Come back with either a diploma in your hand, or stripes on your arm, or dont ever come back."

My father to me when it looked like I might leave College. 1991

DrS

3. MarkPDX

MarkPDX F1 World Champ
    Lifetime Rossa

Apr 21, 2003
    Gulf Coast
    I have always avoided making the tough choices which has gotten me where I am today.... ummm nevermind

4. 134282

BANNED

Aug 3, 2002
    California
    Full Name:
    Carbon McCoy
    So what'd you do...? What happened...?

5. DrStranglove

Owner Rossa Subscribed

Oct 31, 2003
    Google Maps
    Full Name:
    DrS
    You kidding? I graduated with honors the next year!!

Amazingly... a few years later, I enlisted in the US Marine Corps anyway!!!!!

DrS

6. 96impalaSS

96impalaSS F1 Rookie

Dec 8, 2003
    Hell
    Full Name:
    Chris
    All 12 general orders.

7. 134282

BANNED

Aug 3, 2002
    California
    Full Name:
    Carbon McCoy
    Care to expound...?

8. 96impalaSS

96impalaSS F1 Rookie

Dec 8, 2003
    Hell
    Full Name:
    Chris
    Actualy its eleven I dont know why I typed 12. There a list of 11 "rules" a Marine must follow while on watch (fire watch or any other form of guard duty)
    If you fail to carry them out its NJP time or worst.

1. To take charge of this post and all government property in view.

2. To walk my post in a military manner, keeping always on then alert and observing everything that takes place within sight or hearing.

3. To report all violations of orders I am instructed to enforce.

4. To repeat all calls from posts more distant from the guardhouse than my own.

5. (easiest to remember because of Full Metal Jacket) To quit my post only when properly relieved.

6. To receive, obey, and pass on the sentry who relieves me, all orders from the commanding officer, officer of the day, and officers and noncommissioned officers of the guard only.

7. (probally hardest to follow) To talk to no one except in line of duty.

8. To give the alarm in case of fire or disorder.

9. To call the corporal of the guard in any case not covered by instructions.

10. To salute all officers and all colors(colors means flags) and standards not cased. ( this also means if your walking your post around base and you see a car drive by with a blue sticker you should salute)

11.(this one was the hardest for me to remember) To be especially watchful at night and, during the time for challenging, to challenge all persons on or near my post and to allow no one to pass without proper authority.

9. 134282

BANNED

Aug 3, 2002
    California
    Full Name:
    Carbon McCoy
    So any stories come from those 11 commandments...? (Um, you're allowed to post that stuff publicly, right...?)

You ever break one of those rules and get in trouble...? Any interesting tale you'd like to share with the rest of the class...?

10. 96impalaSS

96impalaSS F1 Rookie

Dec 8, 2003
    Hell
    Full Name:
    Chris
    #10 96impalaSS, Feb 22, 2004
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 7, 2017
    You can post them all you want. The worse thing I ever did was one time during bootcamp I was doing head watch (firewatch for the bathroom) And it was 3 a.m. and I was really tired so I took my cover off and leaned on the table that was set up in the head and was rubbing my eyes and just my luck the officer of the day comes on deck goes into the head and right when I heard the door open I try my best to cover it up adn get my cover on stand at attention salute and report my post, of course he caught me told my D.I.s taht his recruits were $hitbags and I paid on the qurterdeck and the sand pits the next day (as did the whole platoon while on line for probally about a hour, while I was given a break and forced to stare at the platoon paying for my mistake.)

These photos will help show you how much different the Marines can make somebody. The first picture is a picture I took of my Bootcamp photo. The second one is one I took just now (And quite frankly I think its hillarious looking for some reason.)

Piece of trivia about that recruit photo they dont use a actualy set of dress blues in the picture, the back of it is just velcro. Also my cammies were covered in sand underneath that fake blues top.
    Image Unavailable, Please Login
    Image Unavailable, Please Login

11. TimN88

TimN88 F1 Veteran

Jun 12, 2001
    Northeast
    Full Name:
    Tim
    Those arent real dress blues? So if you have medals, they arent in the pic?!
    Lately ive been having arguemnts with one of my good pals. He wants to join the nay and has applied to the navy nuclear power program (hes an engineering major at school like me) and im applying to the marines fort the flight program and he and i argue about whos dress uniforms are more spiffy. He says the navy's dress whites are...i say its the dress blues of the marines. Marines get to wear the colors of the flag, no other service does.

12. TimN88

TimN88 F1 Veteran

Jun 12, 2001
    Northeast
    Full Name:
    Tim
    There should be a 12th rule- always carry yourself in a manner that reflects only pride and glory on your family and the country.

13. DrStranglove

Owner Rossa Subscribed

Oct 31, 2003
    Google Maps
    Full Name:
    DrS
    Not real to be sure. And at that point you dont have any medals. Unless you are a rare prior military. But being in a school setting you could not wear them anyway.

As for the Gen orders..... Hell, if you were on guard at any time AFTER Boot Camp, and got written up for a violation of one of them, they would likely kick you out... Or shoot you. (Yes they can do that.)

Read them again and you will see why. Most of them are very simple and direct. To disobay one or more of them could be chatostrophic to what and who ever you are guarding.

DrS

{edit: typos}

14. DrStranglove

Owner Rossa Subscribed

Oct 31, 2003
    Google Maps
    Full Name:
    DrS
    Thats the 2nd one.

2. To walk my post in a MILITARY MANNER, keeping always on then alert and observing everything that takes place within sight or hearing.

15. 96impalaSS

96impalaSS F1 Rookie

Dec 8, 2003
    Hell
    Full Name:
    Chris
    Exactly what he just said.

16. tvrfreak

tvrfreak F1 Rookie
    BANNED

Mar 31, 2003
    Arkansas
    Full Name:
    F K
    10. To salute all officers and all colors(colors means flags) and standards not cased. ( this also means if your walking your post around base and you see a car drive by with a blue sticker you should salute)

...what is a blue sticker? The army star? Air force decal? Police livery? Something else?

17. PeterS

PeterS Four Time F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Jan 24, 2003
    Goodyear, AZ
    Full Name:
    PeterS
    Ya, my last five serious relationships...Marry me or 'See Ya'!.....Oh well, it's been 'See Ya' to all! At present, Melodie of 6+ years has not said that...She's great!

18. 96impalaSS

96impalaSS F1 Rookie

Dec 8, 2003
    Hell
    Full Name:
    Chris
    The blue sticker would indicate a Officer. Enlisted have red if I'm remembering correctly.

19. darth550

darth550 Six Time F1 World Champ
    Lifetime Rossa

Jul 14, 2003
    In front of you
    Full Name:
    BCHC
    Best said by Captain James T. Kirk (Intergalactic Bo Diddly)

"Fuc.k me....it'll save the world!"

DL

20. 62 250 GTO

62 250 GTO F1 Veteran

Jan 9, 2004
    Nova Scotia Canada
    Full Name:
    Neil
    "Show up to everyone of your classes, or you are finished here".
    "Bye"

I owned 2 Porsche by the time I was 20 and had my house at 21.
    Yeah, he really scared me! hahahahahah.