goodyear fiorano v p zero for 355 | FerrariChat

goodyear fiorano v p zero for 355

Discussion in '456/550/575' started by 355f, Feb 22, 2004.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. 355f

355f Formula Junior

Nov 1, 2003
    Has anyone tried BOTH the p zero and fiorano tyres on tthe 355 and , if so, what were the differences please.

Im just interested in the comparison of these TWO tires - not alternatives

2. whart

whart F1 Veteran
    Honorary

Dec 5, 2001
    Grandview NY
    Full Name:
    Herr Prof.
    I can answer indirectly. I always ran P-Zeros on my 355, in fact the Bridgestones that came with the car were soon taken off in favor of the Pirelli.
    On a pair of 550's where i used almost every variety of tire, i found the Fiorano to be the best compromise between the stickiness of the Pirelli and the quieter, more rigid behavior of tires like the Michelin Pilot Sport. But, the 550 is a big heavy car, and the P zero felt more "mooshy" on it than it did on the 355. So, indirectly, i'll bet you'd find that the P zero is still stickier, but not as well behaved in other respects as the Goodyear. (and the good behavior may not be as necessary as it was on the 550, which was a bigger, heavier and less well balanced car than the mid-engined 8 cyl. Ferrari).These are entirely subjective, nonscientific impressions, but based on driving all those tires for thousands and thousands of miles on various Ferraris (except i did not, to be clear, use the Goodyear on the 355). Hope this helps.

3. jakermc

jakermc Formula 3
    Owner

Jan 17, 2004
    Palm Beach, FL
    Full Name:
    Rob
    What tire pressures did you run with the P-Zeros on the F355? The owner's manual seems to indicate 32F/29R but the stampings inside the door point to much higher pressures.

4. sherpa23

sherpa23 F1 Veteran
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

May 28, 2003
    Rocky Mountains
    Full Name:
    Bastuna

I have the Godyear Fioranos on the my 355 and I will probably not use them again. They are so sticky that they throw up an incredible amount of gravel. I have to drive extremely slowly over the slightest bit of sand or other similar road debris.

5. whart

whart F1 Veteran
    Honorary

Dec 5, 2001
    Grandview NY
    Full Name:
    Herr Prof.
    jakermc: i honestly couldn't remember even if you tortured me. The 355 was owned in 1999. But i don't think they were underinflated, if that's behind your question. Regards.

6. jakermc

jakermc Formula 3
    Owner

Jan 17, 2004
    Palm Beach, FL
    Full Name:
    Rob
    I only ask because I just put P-Zeros on my 355 and was wondering what experieinces people have had at various pressures. FoA set the car up at the higher pressures on the door sill, but both the owners manual and Pirelli literature recommends the lower pressures.

7. EVartanian

EVartanian Formula 3

Mar 19, 2002
    Sunny SoCal
    Full Name:
    Eric
    Jaker, we've been running them at the manual pressures for normal/spirited street driving. So far, so good. Wear seems normal, and it behaves well. Note: we've only had pzeros on her and at those pressures, so can't really comment on relative performance compared to whatever else, sorry.

8. paulie_b

paulie_b F1 Veteran
    Consultant Owner

Jan 13, 2003
    Jupiter, FL
    Full Name:
    Paul Bianco
    I can olny comment on the Goodyear Fiorano's on my 360............they did not wear well at all and that is with normal driving. Too expensive and not worth it IMO.

9. BigTex

BigTex Seven Time F1 World Champ
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

Dec 6, 2002
    Houston, Texas
    Full Name:
    Bubba
    Goodyear is #1 in Racing.