360M for everyday | FerrariChat

360M for everyday

Discussion in 'United Kingdom' started by KenC, Feb 22, 2004.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. KenC

KenC Formula 3

Dec 7, 2003
    Kent, UK
    Full Name:
    Ken
    Is a 360M suitable as an all year round every day car covering 7 - 8 thousand miles a year or do I need to consider another car for the winter months? I need to use my car for a 50 mile round trip to work three days a week.

I was wondering if an additional (cheapish) car, would pay for itself by keeping running cost down and maintaining a low mileage.

Any advice would be appreciated.

Ken

2. robinh

robinh Formula Junior

Jan 3, 2004
    Cambridgeshire, Engl
    Full Name:
    Robin
    My tuppence - the 360 is certainly able to be used as an everyday car, it's reliable and good in the wet etc. The aircon is great and I think it's a comfortable car. The 8k per year should be ok too as that's what the dealers plan on.

3. 456mgt

456mgt Formula Junior

Mar 24, 2002
    Cambridge UK
    Full Name:
    Kevin
    Ditto what Robin says about being able to use one every day. I used mine 2-3 times a week, and I think Ninja on this site uses his 360 spider pretty much every day.

Personally, I find the need for an additional cheap car to go places I don't care to go in a nice car: railway station and airport car parks, and when you're presenting someone with your invoice. I just bought myself an old A4 Avant for this sort of use. In the context of Ferrari running costs, it's insignificant, and it's not nice enough to use unless you really need to.

4. robinh

robinh Formula Junior

Jan 3, 2004
    Cambridgeshire, Engl
    Full Name:
    Robin
    Yup, I have an A class for this

5. KenC

KenC Formula 3

Dec 7, 2003
    Kent, UK
    Full Name:
    Ken
    I have an Audi A4 Avant as a company car, so that is the one that sits outside the local curry house and other such places. I do not have an issue with evenings and weekends when I don't want to take the 360, its just during the working day as my wife needs the Audi for the school run etc and I need to be in the office no matter the weather. The snowy day a couple of weeks ago made me think that I was glad not to be driving a 360 for that journey. Additionally, a neighbour who drives a 360 Spider, thinks I am mad to be planning to use mine without back up from another car.

Ken

6. robinh

robinh Formula Junior

Jan 3, 2004
    Cambridgeshire, Engl
    Full Name:
    Robin
    Ken,

I have a neighbour 4 doors away who has a spyder and it hardley ever sees the light of day, which for me is not what a car is about.

I have found most cars are somewhat tricky in the snow and ice (the only car I crashed in those condition being four wheel drive - only a bump and I wasn't pushing things)

The 360Modena is a tough thing and will not fair any worse than any other car and far better than most. You have a car designed to do 0-60 like a scolled cat, push at the 200mph mark, this is a car that has been designed to be strong and if you read through the threads here, you'll find very few complaints about reliability