328 GTB....what a lovely car | FerrariChat

328 GTB....what a lovely car

Discussion in '308/328' started by Pong, Feb 22, 2004.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. Pong

Pong Formula Junior

Nov 5, 2003
    Thailand
    Full Name:
    Pong
    #1 Pong, Feb 22, 2004
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 7, 2017
    Finally, we brought home the 328 GTB with Koenig body kit. As I posted last week, asking a few questions on the 328, I also promised to post the picture of this car.... So, here it is...

It's the first time I drove the 328 and I must admit that it is a very lovely car to drive. The car shows about 18000 on the clock and the engine pulls strongly from low rpm. The car feels a bit wobbly over uneven road but not too bad, I guess it's the combination of bad road and old suspension bushings. Still, it shows how sweet the car handle. It feels quick for its age and power... The trottle response is as good as, if not better, my '94 NSX.

The car feels very solid at speed...something I didn't expect with old suspension and tires. The ride is exceptionally soft and forgiving, the clutch is light, the gear change gets better as the temp climbs, and the steering whell requires less effort than I expected. The only complain I might have is the brake... the pedal is too soft and doesn't transmit the feel like the 911's does. It seems this is true with 512 TR that I drove too...

Anyway, it is a very lovely car both in look and handling. I am totally hooked. Just today, I drove it out 3 times...ha ha ha. Comparing to the 355, 360, or even the 512 TR...I have to say I enjoy the 328 the most...strange, but very true...

I will not be able to go to sleep tonight...still have the smell and remember how sweet it is to drive....guess I will sneak into my garage again before I go to bed....
    Image Unavailable, Please Login

2. Eric W

Eric W Formula Junior

Jan 4, 2004
    Massachusetts
    Full Name:
    Eric
    Your Koenig bodied 328 is simply beautiful!!! Could you post some more pictures of it???

3. Pong

Pong Formula Junior

Nov 5, 2003
    Thailand
    Full Name:
    Pong
    #3 Pong, Feb 22, 2004
    The interior has re-shaped seats...using the stock 328 seats...I wish the previous owner didn't do that. All the gagues work, the air con is cool, the electric window is a bit slow to go up... The leather's condition is good, the stereo installation is not the nicest I have seen.

Driving position is better than in the 512 TR...but still my hair would rub against the roof lining if I had not wear the baseball cap. Not that it's a major fault...ha ha.

4. Victory

Victory Formula Junior

Jan 28, 2004
    There are so many body mods that's been done to the car. Looks very aggressive though. Nice.

5. dmii74

dmii74 Karting

Jan 1, 2004
    Looks much better than I would expect a ferrari with a kit to look

6. Victory

Victory Formula Junior

Jan 28, 2004
    Looks very much like a 288GTO.

You have a Skyline R34 GT-R as well? That's a lovely car. I had one in blue.

7. Pong

Pong Formula Junior

Nov 5, 2003
    Thailand
    Full Name:
    Pong
    #7 Pong, Feb 22, 2004
    Thanks, Eric....

Here is the 328 with my NSX... Love them both..but I guess the NSX will be parked for a while..ha ha ha...I have disconnect the NSX's battery..

The 328's grunt may not match the Jap monster like my GTR, but it sure is more fun in term of noise... Koenig's exhaust sure helps... it sounds very mean.

Well, I love it...ha ha... My brother and I plan to enjoy this car a lot...

8. Pong

Pong Formula Junior

Nov 5, 2003
    Thailand
    Full Name:
    Pong
    #8 Pong, Feb 22, 2004
    Victory, yes I also own the R34 GTR. It is THE CAR for me... I bought it in '99 and still love it everytime I floor the gas. It's lightly tuned to about 371.5 hp at the wheel...did 1/4 in 12.8..not bad.

Yes, this Koenig's body kit does make the 328 looks similar to the 288...all the more reason for me to love it..ha ha.

9. thecarreaper

thecarreaper F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Sep 30, 2003
    Savannah
    very very nice!!! never seen one of those before. what a nice thing to wake up to on a sunday!!!

10. Pong

Pong Formula Junior

Nov 5, 2003
    Thailand
    Full Name:
    Pong
    #10 Pong, Feb 22, 2004
    Anybody know how I can get a hold of '87 owner's manual??? The car didn't come with it.

I have not asked the official Ferrari distributor in Thailand, afraid of the price. I am looking through a few web site, but found none so far... any suggestion???

11. snj5

snj5 F1 World Champ

Feb 22, 2003
    San Antonio
    Full Name:
    Russ Turner
    Very nice! We don't get to see Koenigs very much on the board - especially under mango trees! I'll bet the engine has some interesting modifications!
    Looks great!

this is I have used for literature:
    http://www.ferrariliterature.com/manual.html

12. KEFLON

KEFLON Rookie

Feb 1, 2004
    London
    Full Name:
    Faisal
    Try Ebay by the way it looks very ncie with the bod kit adds aggression to the car

13. Steve Magnusson

Steve Magnusson Two Time F1 World Champ
    Lifetime Rossa

Jan 11, 2001
    30°30'40" N 97°35'41" W (Texas)
    Full Name:
    Steve Magnusson
  14. Gary(SF)

Gary(SF) F1 Rookie

Oct 13, 2003
    Los Altos Hills, CA
    Full Name:
    Gary B.
    Really is a beautiful car, enjoy it! Where are you located? Hong Kong? Singapore?

15. F40

F40 F1 Rookie

Apr 16, 2003
    AZ
    I love the look! But where did you steal the Lamborghini Diablo SV wheels from?

16. Bab13

Bab13 Rookie

Feb 6, 2004
    Switzerland
    Full Name:
    Barnabé
    Sorry to say that, but I don't like Willy Koenig and his tuned cars...

I already saw (twice) a 512 BBi "by" Koenig, it's a waste...
    Normal model is so beautiful...

A 348 by Koenig (no comment):

17. Johnny Bravo

Johnny Bravo Formula Junior

Jul 22, 2003
    DC Metro/MD
    Full Name:
    Ben
    Beeeuuuuutiful 328!!! I'm normally not one for body kits on F-cars, but I will admit Koenig does do wonderful work as evident with your car. Please post pics of the R34 if you get time as it's one of my all time favorite cars and here in the US there are very few of them as they're very expensive to import. www.skylinegtr.com (MotoRex) is the only company to my knowledge that has authority to import & register them at the moment. Great collection of cars either way!! :D

18. ghost

ghost F1 World Champ
    Lifetime Rossa

Dec 10, 2003
    Singapore
    License plate suggests Thailand. So does the name. Used to live in that part of the world Pong...and miss it much!! ;)

19. bluekawala

bluekawala Formula Junior

Jan 22, 2004
    Ormond Beach, FL

No way! Must be a photo shop! Tell me this isn't a realy 348! I love your 328, like everyone else I'm usually not a fan of body kits on Ferrari's your 328 is a gorgeous exception, but this 348 is ugly... the gold wheels look like someone stole them off of a 'low-rider'!

20. Jordan Ross

Jordan Ross Formula Junior

Nov 4, 2003
    Austin
    Very nice car! I also am not a fan of the Koenig mods, usually, yours is an exception. Very tasty indeed.

I have also seen a Koenig 512 running around here, what a waste.

21. snj5

snj5 F1 World Champ

Feb 22, 2003
    San Antonio
    Full Name:
    Russ Turner
    Looks like Thailand to me.. :)
    Samudprakan?

22. Chiaro_Slag

Chiaro_Slag F1 Veteran

Oct 31, 2003
    CA
    Full Name:
    Jerry
    Looks awesome! Congrats!!!!

23. SefacHotRodder

SefacHotRodder F1 World Champ

Dec 20, 2003
    NJ
    Full Name:
    Chris
    dayumn! thats nice

24. 96impalaSS

96impalaSS F1 Rookie

Dec 8, 2003
    Hell
    Full Name:
    Chris
  25. F1racer

F1racer F1 Rookie

Oct 5, 2003
    Laval
    Full Name:
    Jean
    The body looks okay but I'm not sure about the wheels.