How much for new keys? | FerrariChat

How much for new keys?

Discussion in 'Ferrari Discussion (not model specific)' started by rudymarsh, Nov 13, 2003.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. rudymarsh

rudymarsh Rookie

Nov 13, 2003
    Hello,

I have a 1998 355 - I bought it with only one key and one remote. Anybody know how much will it cost for me to get a 2nd key/remote set and how to go about obtaining it? Thanks,

Rudy

2. tifosi12

tifosi12 Four Time F1 World Champ
    Lifetime Rossa Owner

Oct 3, 2002
    @ the wheel
    Full Name:
    Andreas
    Dunno about the 355, but the additional set for my 308 cost me only a couple of bucks at the local key shop. They guy told me, that the keys are the same as on a Yugo. No wonder, a Yugo shares a lot of parts with a Fiat.

3. Kds

Kds F1 World Champ

I just went thru this a couple of months back.

Your nearest dealer will help you.

IIRC, the first thing I had to do was that I had to get the dealer, since my client never had the PIN number for the old remotes, to contact Ferrari NA, who in turn contacted Ferrari SPA who said that they could not help. So..............

I then bought a "package kit" from Ferrari of 3 remotes (2 black and one red along with 3 keys) for around $700 CAD and then paid for new programming on top of that......which took forever and was not easily accomplished.

Best of luck.

4. EVartanian

EVartanian Formula 3

Mar 19, 2002
    Sunny SoCal
    Full Name:
    Eric
    New keys are easy. The dealer will have plenty stocked most likely--ours did. Expect Italian prices, I don't remember how much exactly, but I don't think it was too bad. The keys are steel though, so perhaps the cutter will charge a couple bucks more to cut them. If you don't care that they are Ferrari keys, the locksmith will have Fiat keys they can use for much cheaper. A lot of these online Ferrari part places will likely have OEM spares for a bit less if you want to check.

For extra remote(s), as was mentioned, expect to pay ridiculous prices and what seems like a bit more trouble. But, check with a dealer if you're interested. I think they'll likely have to put a whole new system in, cause for some reason they can't match your existing one.

5. yelcab

yelcab F1 World Champ
    Consultant

Nov 29, 2001
    San Carlos, CA
    Full Name:
    Mitchell Le
    $50 for an uncut version for me.

6. yelcab

yelcab F1 World Champ
    Consultant

Nov 29, 2001