Planet Hotel - Maranello | FerrariChat

Planet Hotel - Maranello

Discussion in 'Ferrari Discussion (not model specific)' started by Owens84QV, Feb 10, 2004.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. Owens84QV

Owens84QV F1 Rookie

Oct 2, 2001
    Somewhere in NC
    Full Name:
    Greg
    I have spent the better part of the evening searching the web for information on this hotel which is directly across from the factory. Does anyone have an address, phone number, website information on this place?

Thank you for your help!

2. WILLIAM H

WILLIAM H Three Time F1 World Champ

Nov 1, 2003
    Victory Circle
    Full Name:
    HUBBSTER
    Hotel Fini I believe. De Tomaso owns a nice hotel in Modena

3. lawwdog

lawwdog Formula 3

Dec 4, 2002
    Northern California
    Full Name:
    Mario
    If you have any questions regarding the hotel send me a pm. My wife and I were there in November.

Mario

4. spike308

spike308 F1 Rookie
    Owner Silver Subscribed

Nov 8, 2003
    Austin TX!
    Full Name:
    Mike Z
    Lawwdog -
    briefly, how was the hotel? Nice?

5. SrfCity

SrfCity F1 World Champ

I visited Maranello a few weeks ago for the F1 unveiling and of course saw the Planet Hotel. I did not go in and it certainly seemed nice. Personally I would rather stay more in town or I would stay at the place that Ferrari put us up in and that's the Hotel Michaelangelo in Sassuolo(sp?). It's a bit of a drive, maybe 10-15 minutes, but it does give you more of a feel for the area.

6. 720

720 F1 Rookie

Jul 14, 2003
    So. Cal and No. Utah
    Full Name:
    Rick
    it's more interesting to stay in modena and then drive 10-15 minutes to maranello to take the tour, visit museums, see fiorano, etc. believe me you get "ferraried-out" after a few hours in maranello and will definitely want to see other things. lots more to do in modena. i recommend the hotel real fini in modena. nice place and easy walk to modena's town center.

7. lawwdog

lawwdog Formula 3

Dec 4, 2002
    Northern California
    Full Name:
    Mario
    I thought the hotel was nice for the following reasons:

I was right across the street from the main entrance. (The excitement of looking right at Ferrari camp was an experience)

The accomodations were new and nice. (The Hotel is equivalent to a new Holiday Inn here in the states. For Italy, that says a lot.)

The hotel staff and people around the city were very nice.

I thought it was the best way to be surrounded in Ferrari for an entire day. I didn't get Ferrari overdose after staying for 2 nights. I arrived on a Sunday night at 8:00 p.m. and then left on a Tuesday 12:00. It was a perfect trip for me.

Mario

8. Leonard

Leonard Rookie

Nov 3, 2003
    Full Name:
    Larry Leonard
    #9 Leonard, Feb 11, 2004
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 7, 2017
  9. loungedog

loungedog Formula Junior

Nov 6, 2003
    New Market, Ontario

In looking at the photo of the factory it reminds me of an old post WWII warehouse. I am surprised that they have not updated the look of the factory like Lambo and Porsche has over the last few years.

Oh well...as long as they keep making great cars who cares what the factory looks like. ;)

10. Owens84QV

Owens84QV F1 Rookie

Oct 2, 2001
    Somewhere in NC
    Full Name:
    Greg
    Thank you everyone for the info...

What I can't understand is why a Google search on "Planet Hotel - Maranello" wouldn't find this website. I was getting rather agitate last night.

By the way, already have reservations as Real Fini in Modena for the other nights. We are headed there for the first 2-weeks in October.

Can't wait!!

Leonardo2001 likes this.
  11. F129b

F129b Formula Junior

Feb 6, 2004
    oc, calif.
    Full Name:
    Robert
    Owens, I have inquired from the Real Fini about a 2 night stay in May. They replied (about a week later) that the rate was 190 Euros/night. Is that about what you were quoted?
    Do you think it's worth double the rate of the other Modena area hotels that one can easily find online?
    Anyone??

12. SrfCity

SrfCity F1 World Champ

I don't, but that's me though. I stayed at Hotel Principe and negotiated 60 euros I think it was, including a breakfast. It's usually 95 euros. Nice but not too swanky. "Breakfast included" btw is pretty much a continental everywhere you go. Frommer's recommends the Canalgrande Hotel over Real Fini. I'd suggest picking up the latest Frommer's and reading up on it.

13. Owens84QV

Owens84QV F1 Rookie

Oct 2, 2001
    Somewhere in NC
    Full Name:
    Greg
    Well, after reworking some of the travel plans and listenting to my better half on "...can we find a hotel and just stay there for 3 days rather than hop around?", I decided to reserve three nights at the Hotel Planet. Besides, there is a bus that runs every half-hour till ~10:00pm between Modena & Maranello.

She said "it may be a few years before you go back, get all of the Ferrari you can...".

14. 720

720 F1 Rookie

Jul 14, 2003
    So. Cal and No. Utah
    Full Name:
    Rick
    you're going to get tired of maranello after one day (and i'm the biggest ferrari fan around). stay in modena and commute to maranello :) don't say nobody tried to give you good advise :)