Big Ticket | FerrariChat

Big Ticket

Discussion in 'Other Off Topic Forum' started by ART360, Feb 22, 2004.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. ART360

ART360 Guest

I'm driving into work today (Yeah, I know its Sunday) and its raining. South on Highway 101 towards Sausalito, Golden Gate Bridge. As I pass Mill Valley, a Maroon 360 Spyder pulls out, blonde driving. I'm in the Audi, and going about 70 - 75 mph. Speed limit 55. She gets up to about 85 - 90 and I think, "a free ride", and speed up to 85. We get to the 1st Sausalito turn off, and I see a CHP pulling off the freeway. I take my foot off the gas, slow to 65 - 70. I keep my eye on the rear view mirror, and sure enough, I see him coming up quick. The blonde never noticed. Through the Waldo, and down towards the bridge, lights on, I see him pulling the 360 over. That area is a double fine zone, if he writes her for the real speed, 90, that ticket is going to be 2 points, and about 1k. Pays to look in the mirror!

Art

2. PeterS

PeterS Four Time F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Jan 24, 2003
    Goodyear, AZ
    Full Name:
    PeterS
    Hey Art...How did YOU know he popped her for going 90 if you did not get pulled over? I gotta hear this!

Pete

3. ART360

ART360 Guest

If they stop you there, you get the ticket. Been there, done that. Not for quite a while, however.

Art

4. PeterS

PeterS Four Time F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Jan 24, 2003
    Goodyear, AZ
    Full Name:
    PeterS
    Too bad we are not riding karts today (Rain). Next weekend?

5. bobafett

bobafett F1 Veteran

Sep 28, 2002
    Art: and you didn't stop to help? Where's the chivalry? And if there isn't a rng on that finger, you can give her my name and number. :D

Peter: when are you planning on heading up to kart next? I am taking you up on your previous offer! ;)

--Dan

6. mighty

mighty Karting

Nov 2, 2003
    I'm sure she can afford it

7. bobafett

bobafett F1 Veteran

Sep 28, 2002
    Art: I was up there on Sunday. Brett was telling me about a customer of theirs...QUITE the girl. Wealthy, cool as hell, attractive, unmarried, etc. I didn't stick around to meet her, but if you're looking... :D

--Dan

8. DGS

DGS Six Time F1 World Champ
    Rossa Subscribed

May 27, 2003
    MidTN
    Full Name:
    DGS
    Ah, but you're not equipped to use the "blonde" excuse: I was only doing 90, and the sign said "101". (Batting eyes). ;)