Anybody ever use a "car jacket" | FerrariChat

Anybody ever use a "car jacket"

Discussion in 'Ferrari Discussion (not model specific)' started by ghost, Feb 22, 2004.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. ghost

ghost F1 World Champ
    Lifetime Rossa

Dec 10, 2003
    Singapore
    #1 ghost, Feb 22, 2004
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 7, 2017
    Thought this was interesting. Seems like it completely seals of the car from dust, dirt and unwanted glances. The one concern I would have with something like this is breathability, but the comments seem to suggest the material is quite breathable.

Here's the link.

Anybody use this?
    Image Unavailable, Please Login

2. tritone

tritone F1 Veteran
    Silver Subscribed

Dec 8, 2003
    On the Rock
    Full Name:
    James
    My 330 GTC has lived in its bag for 6 years now, with no ill effects on the finish or the interior, other than smelling somewhat "fuelly" for the first 10 minutes after opening. I do 'air it out' once a month if I'm not driving it regularly.

First used in Nevada to protect from dust; since then used in the NW to protect from moist-air corrosion. Completely successful in both cases.

A good purchase.

James

3. Tom S

Tom S Formula Junior

Jan 2, 2003
    Northeast
    Full Name:
    Thomas Saupe
    Both my cars go on tire cradles and into jackets every winter, about 6 months all told. They're great. The cars stay clean, dry and quite safe from the critters who move into the garage for the winter.

4. parkerfe

parkerfe F1 World Champ

Sep 4, 2001
    Cumming, Georgia
    Full Name:
    Franklin E. Parker
    I just drive mine one or two times a week year around. If it gets dirty, I wash it. If it gets wet, I dry it. How you guys can store your Ferrari and go so long without driving it is beyond me ?

5. tritone

tritone F1 Veteran
    Silver Subscribed

Dec 8, 2003
    On the Rock
    Full Name:
    James
    drive your Ferrari one or two time a week in the snow a lot do you ?

6. ghost

ghost F1 World Champ
    Lifetime Rossa

Dec 10, 2003
    Singapore
    Tom S and tritone, thanks for the input. Do you guys have a preference for a particular type of jacket manufacturer/make. Additionally, would appreciate your thoughts on the model I referenced -- sold by Autoanything.com

Thanks!

7. tritone

tritone F1 Veteran
    Silver Subscribed

Dec 8, 2003
    On the Rock
    Full Name:
    James
    I'm not with the car now; don't recall the mfr. name. I'll email you next week.

8. smsmd

smsmd Karting

Nov 12, 2003
    San Jose, California
    Full Name:
    Steven Scates MD
    I bought mine from Covercraft and use it on my 360 at all times. We live in the country and animals get in the garage, so I cover the car (Evolution cover) and put it in the jacket.

I do not believe they breathe well, however. Once, I put it in after washing/drying the car and found puddles of water in the jacket a week later. Now I make sure the car is dry and cool before sealing the jacket.

steve

9. Wasco

Wasco Formula Junior

Dec 9, 2003
    Salem
    Full Name:
    Randy
    I am with you I drive her monthly. I never drive her in the rain or snow. I get a little crazy after a week or so of not at least taking her around the block.

10. tritone

tritone F1 Veteran
    Silver Subscribed

Dec 8, 2003
    On the Rock
    Full Name:
    James
    Mine is called a CAR JACKET, from Pine Ridge Ent.
    1-800-5-CARBAG
    1-517-641-4881

10 sizes, from $199 (this was 6 years ago.......)

ciao
    james

11. ghost

ghost F1 World Champ
    Lifetime Rossa

Dec 10, 2003
    Singapore
    Steve, you are right. I went back to the autoanything.com site, and it seems that the bags are airtight. I guess that is the point, as you want to protect it from dirt, airborne particles and moisture, but then again, as you note, if you are not careful, that can actually end up being detrimental to the car.

James, thanks. I'm looking at a few, and will decide once I'v reviewed them all, including yours. Any idea how yours compares with the link for the one on AutoAnything??