blueprints | FerrariChat

blueprints

Discussion in 'Ferrari Discussion (not model specific)' started by jmillard308, Feb 22, 2004.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. jmillard308

jmillard308 F1 Veteran
    Owner Silver Subscribed

May 29, 2003
    Perth West Oz
    Full Name:
    John Millard
    Am I going blind or has the thread with the great drawings gone missing?

2. P 4 Staff

P 4 Staff Rookie

Feb 10, 2004
    Hi Millard.
    I asked the administrator to delete the whole thread...because I don´t want to be accused of violating the "Copyright Law".
    Which I obviously were...by someone...( you know who )...thank him.

P 4 Staff.

3. Horsefly

Horsefly F1 Veteran

May 14, 2002
    I WAS THE PERSON who inquired last week and inquired if those blueprints were copywritten material or not. I noticed that some of those blueprints contained a lot of written text, which to me indicated that they were pulled from some older publication. Call me crazy, but I thought that's why virtually every book, magazine, advertisement, etc., is considered copywritten material and duplication without permission is considered a violation of copyright law? Nobody is "ACCUSING" anybody. Some of those 1/32nd scale model plans may indeed be over 30 years old and the copyright may have expired, or they may not have. That's why I asked. I DO KNOW that the Ferrari Prancing Horse Logo is over 50 years old, but you can get yourself slapped with a lawsuit real quick if you decide to start reproducing the horsey logo without Ferrari's permission. If somebody truely thought that their posting of previously published material was NOT a copyright violation, then why did you request that Rob remove the entire thread???
    I think that my question regarding the copyright laws made the original poster nervous because he knew that when it came right down to it, nobody can just scan a magazine article into their computer and start posting it on the internet. Sad, but that's just a fact.

And by the way, don't shoot the messenger just because he is smart enough to know the truth and bring it to light.

4. P 4 Staff

P 4 Staff Rookie

Feb 10, 2004
    Originally posted by "horsefly":
    then why did you request that Rob remove the entire thread???

Because suddenly there popped up a "POLICEMAN" asking if I had the right to spread these blueprints on the internet. Well...I tell you...they are already spread all over the internet. I saw a question for blueprints on the FerrariChat site...and I thought that was a good idea...because I know many of the Ferrari fans are model builders.
    But...rightaway there stepped in a "POLICEMAN" and spoiled the luck for them all.
    That´s why I asked to get them deleted.

And a true Ferrari fan....he can always find the blueprints.

Enough said from me...

P 4 Staff.

5. Horsefly

Horsefly F1 Veteran

May 14, 2002
    As I said, don't shoot the messenger. Since I have absolutely no power to delete anything on this board, it's pretty obvious that I could not have spoiled anybody's fun by deleting anybody's photographs or blueprints. That matter is strictly between you and Rob. Grow up.