Dyno Day, March 6 | FerrariChat

Dyno Day, March 6

Discussion in 'Northwest' started by TimF40, Feb 20, 2004.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. TimF40

TimF40 Formula 3

Nov 3, 2003
    Seattle/Bay Area/NYC
    Full Name:
    Tim
    Who is doing dyno day on March 6? My 360 w/ Capristo will be there.

I say we get a stock exhaust 360 (Willis?), Tubi 360 (Jackson?), Capristo 360 (mine), and a CS (Thomas?) to do the dyno. The actual numbers are not what's important, but the deltas between the cars. i.e., Rather than debating that a CS should show 350hp vs 335hp at the rear wheel, we should determine how close the 360 and CS are (relative), and the deltas with all the various exhausts available.

Seems like doing all of the above on the same day with the same conditions would give some interesting results. :)

2. Willis360

Willis360 F1 Rookie

Aug 4, 2001
    Redmond, WA
    Full Name:
    Willis H
    Tim,

I'll be there but won't be doin the dyno. I'll bring my dyno charts from last time though.

3. Spasso

Spasso F1 World Champ

Feb 16, 2003
    Land of Slugs & Moss
    Full Name:
    Han Solo
    I'll be there with my 308 but would be happy to run a 360 for somebody, ya know, just to help out. Heh heh. ;-)
    DJ

4. stokpro

stokpro F1 Rookie
    Lifetime Rossa Owner

Jun 25, 2003
    Himalayas
    May have to get another 360 (Kuzi?) on there with normal Tubi as Jackson has the special "extra loud" Tubi. Anyone running Capristo LC Racing exhaust on their 360?

5. GaryReed

GaryReed F1 Rookie

Feb 9, 2002
    Seattle
    Full Name:
    Gary
    So far, there are two 308s, a 328, 360 and a Boxer signed up. Still room for about five more cars! I sent out a reminder on our club's chat today.

6. Spasso

Spasso F1 World Champ

Feb 16, 2003
    Land of Slugs & Moss
    Full Name:
    Han Solo
    Would anybody be against testing a non-Ferrari?............that is, only if all of the spots are not filled?

DJ

7. GaryReed

GaryReed F1 Rookie

Feb 9, 2002
    Seattle
    Full Name:
    Gary
    DJ,

I'm not opposed to that, but Ferraris will get priority and be tested first, since this is an official NWRFCA event.

If there are time slots left after -all- the Ferraris have run, I don't have a problem with a club member testing a different marque, as long as the shop is willing to continue.

One of our club members has already asked to run his Mini Cooper S, if there is time after he tests his 328.

8. shelbee

shelbee Guest

Good event from last year!! Azteca again this year??

9. GaryReed

GaryReed F1 Rookie

Feb 9, 2002
    Seattle
    Full Name:
    Gary
    Doc Shelbee,

YES, Azteca worked out very well last year, so I'm planning on reserving a big table again for lunch.

You should bring your 550 and put it on the dyno, maybe you'll win the top horsepower of the day award!

10. shelbee

shelbee Guest

How about Kuzi's 575M. I am sure he will win among all of us.

Depending on the weather. If it is too cold for a spyder I will drive the 550 but I am not putting my car on the dyno I just watched.

Anyway there is a good Thai rest there in the same complex, called Thai Kitchen. They have a long table, but it depends on everyone's tongue I am okay either way.

11. Gary(SF)

Gary(SF) F1 Rookie

Oct 13, 2003
    Los Altos Hills, CA
    Full Name:
    Gary B.
    Willis -

What were your results from last time?

Gary

12. Willis360

Willis360 F1 Rookie

Aug 4, 2001
    Redmond, WA
    Full Name:
    Willis H

323.8 at the wheels. Car's all stock.

13. Gary(SF)

Gary(SF) F1 Rookie

Oct 13, 2003
    Los Altos Hills, CA
    Full Name:
    Gary B.
    Thanks. Sounds like about 380 at the flywheel, using 15% loss assumption.

Gary

14. Willis360

Willis360 F1 Rookie

Aug 4, 2001
    Redmond, WA
    Full Name:
    Willis H
    15% or 18%. I've heard both when I was there.

15. Spasso

Spasso F1 World Champ

Feb 16, 2003
    Land of Slugs & Moss
    Full Name:
    Han Solo
    Absolutely, Ferraris take priority. It would be fun to see a Cooper S run. Cool car! I'll bring my other car in hopes of a test, time permitting of course.
    DJ

16. VanCooper

VanCooper Formula Junior

Oct 16, 2002
    I'm not an NWRFCA member but would like to attend this event and watch and listen to beautiful exhaust noises while taking pictures. I hope you guys don't mind me showing up in my Cooper S and parking away from the Ferrari group when taking pictures. Where and when is this event going to be? Thanks in advance!

17. jbrosseau

jbrosseau Karting

Nov 26, 2003
    kirkland,wa
    Full Name:
    joe brosseau
    i might be interested in filling a spot with my 308. what are costs, times, etc?

18. GaryReed

GaryReed F1 Rookie

Feb 9, 2002
    Seattle
    Full Name:
    Gary
    jbrosseau,

Are you a member of the FCA? All of the details are in the club's January newsletter (front page). Cost is $75
    ---------------------------------

VanCooper,

Dyno Day is taking place Saturday March 6, starting at 10AM: Racz Performance Motorsports, 13611 NE 126th Place, Kirkland, WA 98034

19. GaryReed

GaryReed F1 Rookie

Feb 9, 2002
    Seattle
    Full Name:
    Gary
    Oops.... I mean the front page of the "February" NWRFCA newsletter.

20. Spasso

Spasso F1 World Champ

Feb 16, 2003
    Land of Slugs & Moss
    Full Name:
    Han Solo
    You can park your S next to my Z. :)

DJ

21. VanCooper

VanCooper Formula Junior

Oct 16, 2002
    Thanks for letting me attend and take in the melodious exhaust noise I'll be hearing that day. Great development happenned today, my parents put a deposit on a E55 AMG and they'll take delivery before the 29th of February. Almost two years after selling the M5, it was time for another beast!

22. TimF40

TimF40 Formula 3

Nov 3, 2003
    Seattle/Bay Area/NYC
    Full Name:
    Tim
    Gary: What is the dyno car count and makeup now? Are all the slots booked up? Seems like it's going to be great fun! - Tim

23. matkat

matkat Formula 3

Mar 18, 2003
    Scotland
    Full Name:
    Dave McGuire
    Gentlemen,sorry to hi-jack the thread,just wondering what has happened to Marty Weiner these days?
    Best regards
    Dave McGuire

24. Spasso

Spasso F1 World Champ

Feb 16, 2003
    Land of Slugs & Moss
    Full Name:
    Han Solo
    I won't be bringing my 240 so it's just me and the 308. Thats one. Lem Charleston is going to run his 308 also. Thats two.

DJ

25. Willis360

Willis360 F1 Rookie

Aug 4, 2001
    Redmond, WA
    Full Name:
    Willis H
    I think Marty's in California for the winter.