Meeting March 20th in Wilmington | FerrariChat

Meeting March 20th in Wilmington

Discussion in 'New York Tri-State' started by KevinW, Feb 21, 2004.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. KevinW

KevinW Karting

Nov 4, 2003
    Phoenix, AZ
    Full Name:
    Kevin
    Ok, so there seems to be an interest in meeting in Wilmington instead of Atlantic City and saving the meet in AC when it is warmer. I have to agree and think this is a good idea...

A few mentioned meeting at a restaraunt (Olive Garden?). I don't know the area so those that are, could you give us a list of the eating establishments in the area? Dave, Gus, Alex, you guys seem to be familiar with the area...maybe you guys would be interested in helping out with this?

I'd like to see who is definitely in so we can make this happen...

Thanks guys,

Kevin

2. ghost

ghost F1 World Champ
    Lifetime Rossa

Dec 10, 2003
    Singapore
    Understand that this is Wilmington, DE, which is two hours outside NYC. There is a chance that I might be traveling, but for now, please count me in. Look forward to catching up with everybody.

Regards.

3. dm_n_stuff

dm_n_stuff Four Time F1 World Champ
    Lifetime Rossa Owner

The road in question, 202S, has a bunch of fast and not so fast places:

John Harvard Brew Pub - told the beer is so-so (I don't drink, so I'm not a good judge of that.)
    Olive Garden
    Dead Lobster
    TGI Fridays

There are more, but I'm drawing a blank right now.

It's probably 15 minutes north from I95 in Wilmington, or 25 minutes south of the Philadelphia international airport.

Easy access from all kinds of directions, and a quick drive to many nice winding country roads. (Notice I did not say "twisties" as recent members have been dumped on for trying to sound cool using Car and Drive Magazine lingo)

4. SefacHotRodder

SefacHotRodder F1 World Champ

Dec 20, 2003
    NJ
    Full Name:
    Chris
    i might be in :D

5. Alxlee

Alxlee F1 Rookie

Apr 8, 2002
    Wilmington, DE
    Full Name:
    Alex Lee
    Give me a day or two and I'll put a full plan up.

Restaurants in the area:

Olive Garden
    Champs Sports Bar/Grill
    TGI Friday's
    Bennigans
    La Tolteca (Mexican)
    Ruby Tuesday's
    Ground Round
    Mexican Post
    John Harvard's Brew House
    McKenzie's
    Red Lobster
    Lone Star
    Outback

I'd recommend meeting at the strip of restaurants with John Harvard's, TGI's, Olive Garden, Red Lobster, and Lone Star because of the better parking layout. (The back parking lot is pretty big and will give us a lot of space away from everyone else)

6. Teenferrarifan

Teenferrarifan F1 Rookie

Feb 21, 2003
    Media, PA
    Full Name:
    Erik
    I'm in Alex! We could probably meet at cavallo if you want first? Let me know. For those of you who don't know my good friend owns cavallo autobody about a mile up from where 202 and rt1 meet.
    Erik

7. Carnut

Carnut F1 Rookie
    Rossa Subscribed

Nov 3, 2003
    Gladwyne PA
    Full Name:
    Morrie
    I do not know that area very well, but count me in too.

8. AJS328

AJS328 F1 Veteran
    Owner

Apr 23, 2003
    New Jersey
    Full Name:
    Augustine Staino
    I would love to meet up. That location is fine. I don't get done work until 5pm in NJ but I could shoot down afterwards. If you guys can wait for me for dinner at least then I'd be happy to make the trip.

9. Alxlee

Alxlee F1 Rookie

Apr 8, 2002
    Wilmington, DE
    Full Name:
    Alex Lee
    The problem with that is where it's located it's not exactly convenient to those coming 202 south. Also, aren't they only open til noon on Saturday? Maybe you can get (Jimmy I think?) to join us in his 360 spyder.

10. Alxlee

Alxlee F1 Rookie

Apr 8, 2002
    Wilmington, DE
    Full Name:
    Alex Lee
    Here's what I'm thinking:

12:45 PM - 1:30 PM Meet at parking lot of restaurant. Wait for table to be arranged, check out the cars, etc...

1:30 PM - 3ish PM Lunch

The rest of the afternoon is open. I'm sure some more of it will be spent in the restaurant parking lot chatting. Otherwise, we could always go for a drive along the backroads (route 100, 52, etc...) or spend an afternoon washing cars at my parent's house nearby.

11. Teenferrarifan

Teenferrarifan F1 Rookie

Feb 21, 2003
    Media, PA
    Full Name:
    Erik
    Yeah your right it is only open till 12 on saturday's sometimes a little later though. I will pass the information along to Jimmy, and he may join us. Keep me informed I like what you have done so far.
    Erik

12. Alxlee

Alxlee F1 Rookie

Apr 8, 2002
    Wilmington, DE
    Full Name:
    Alex Lee
    Thread in our new home: http://ferrarichat.com/forum/showthread.php?t=9495

13. Mike/A.W.E.

Mike/A.W.E. Rookie

Nov 25, 2003
    Willow Grove, PA
    Full Name:
    Mike Romano
    Kevin-

On March 20th we are having a Dyno Day at our facility for a local Audi club. We are located in Willow Grove, PA which is about an hour from the establishments you listed on Rt202.

I live in Wilmington so I am familiar with the twisties you are referring to. You could shoot up Rt1 to the Blue Route and hit the Turnpike eastbound. It could be a nice ride.

Our company focus is on late model Porsche/Audi/VW. We are debating on Ferrari and Lamborghini, but you guys/gals are more than welcome to stop on by and check out the facility. The dyno will be running most of the day as well.

Here is our website.

http://www.awe-tuning.com/

If you have any questions, call or email me.