79 308GTS original ANTENNA switch wanted... | FerrariChat

79 308GTS original ANTENNA switch wanted...

Discussion in 'Technical Q&A' started by groovzilla, Feb 20, 2004.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. groovzilla

groovzilla Karting

Nov 28, 2003
    seattle, wa.
    Full Name:
    william
    i need an original antenna switch for my '79 308 GTS...i have been informed by DR. DAVE HANDA that this is a LUCAS part and it's number is: 30843

**this switch has the same athetics as the fan blower switch only it is for antenna**

anyone with any leads please contact me via email or phone 206-322-2657

regards,

william ceriale [email protected]

2. f355spider

f355spider F1 World Champ
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

May 29, 2001
    USA
  3. Wayne 962

Wayne 962 Formula Junior
    Rossa Subscribed

Nov 27, 2003
    Several people have told me that this switch breaks all the time, and is currently unavailable. Two 308s I saw recently were missing the original one.

Needless to say, I am very careful when switching now.

-Wayne

4. 308 GTB

308 GTB F1 World Champ
    Rossa Subscribed

Feb 7, 2002
    New Jersey
    Full Name:
    Barry Wolinsky
  5. Wayne 962

Wayne 962 Formula Junior
    Rossa Subscribed

Nov 27, 2003
    Quick thought - if the antenna doesn't have an "automatic stop" feature when it reaches the top (mine doesn't), then how do you hook it up to work with your radio? I thought that the radios sent a power signal either on/off. I would think you would need a timer or something like that?

-Wayne

6. f355spider

f355spider F1 World Champ
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

May 29, 2001
    USA
    Wayne,
    You don't. These are "semi-automatic" antennas, and are controlled by a switch that is spring loaded, and off in the center position. Forward raises the antenna, and back lowers it. If you want it triggered by the radio, you would need to replace it with a "fully automatic" antenna....a simple matter to swap...although you would need to feed the "trigger" wire back to the radio.

7. Jay GT4

Jay GT4 F1 Rookie

Oct 16, 2001
    La mamma dei fessi
    Full Name:
    e sempre incinta
    I found one that is very similar to the original Lucas switch. It is spring loaded forward and back and rests in the center position. Found it at a local surplus electronics store. I'll try to post a pic later on.

8. Jay GT4

Jay GT4 F1 Rookie

Oct 16, 2001
    La mamma dei fessi
    Full Name:
    e sempre incinta
    Here's the pic

9. groovzilla

groovzilla Karting

Nov 28, 2003
    seattle, wa.
    Full Name:
    william
    #9 groovzilla, Feb 24, 2004
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 7, 2017
    hey i appreciate the effort of posting the photo but the switch you found is quite a bit different than the original switch i am looking for...i posted a photo of the original 308 switches in my car...the style of the antenna switch matches these...

regards,
    william ceriale
    Image Unavailable, Please Login

10. Jay GT4

Jay GT4 F1 Rookie

Oct 16, 2001
    La mamma dei fessi
    Full Name:
    e sempre incinta
    Sorry, the antenna switch for the GT4 looks like the one I posted. I forgot it's not the same for the 308's. If anyone with a GT4 needs the switch let me know :) Boy do I feel dumb. :)