Second Favorite F1 Team | FerrariChat

Second Favorite F1 Team

Discussion in 'F1' started by 96impalaSS, Feb 12, 2004.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

?

Second Favorite F1 Team.

1. Williams

2. BAR

3. Jordan

4. Toyota

5. Ferrari

6. Minardi

7. Jaguar

8. Renault

9. Sauber

10. McLaren

Multiple votes are allowed.
Results are only viewable after voting.
  1. 96impalaSS

96impalaSS F1 Rookie

Dec 8, 2003
    Hell
    Full Name:
    Chris
    Everyone has that team that may not be there favorite but they still get excited and cant sit still when they take the lead or make a beautiful move. Even if it is against "your team." Mine would be Renault. Whats yours?

I started this poll since the season isnt that far away and I got F1 on the mind non stop.

(P.S. click on the number by the percentage to see who voted for who if they didnt reply here.)

2. ralessi

ralessi Formula 3

May 26, 2002
    Houston, TX
    Full Name:
    Rikk
    I would have to say Jaguar. I don't really like any of the big 4 (other than Ferrari of course) I guess I sort of like Renault but they are FRENCH so I kind of have my reservations there.

And it sure is hard to root against Mark Webber!

3. Jay GT4

Jay GT4 F1 Rookie

Oct 16, 2001
    La mamma dei fessi
    Full Name:
    e sempre incinta
    I cheer for the underdog, and you can't get much more under than Minardi. I love cheering for them! If you've ever been to an F1 in person you can really tell who has their stuff together...and Minardis TC is not! But I like them anyway!

4. beast

beast F1 World Champ

May 31, 2003
    Lewisville, TX
    Full Name:
    Rob Guess
    I have to go with Minardi myself. What the team does with as little money that they have is a miracle in itself. Also every now and then they do put up a good race even at the back of the pack that can make it still an entertaining race if you are there live. The USGP in 2002 was a good example. Ferrari was running away and the Minardi's were having a brilliant battle with the Jag's.

5. PSk

PSk F1 World Champ

Nov 20, 2002
    Tauranga, NZ
    Full Name:
    Pete
    Have to chose McLaren myself, being a New Zealander and all ... plus it is my fathers favourite team, thus atleast one of us is feeling good (when we have our now phone chat race debrief).

Pete

6. Auraraptor

Auraraptor F1 World Champ
    Lifetime Rossa Owner

Sep 25, 2002
    MO
    Williams BMW myself. Mostly since BMW is my second favorite car company.

7. Mr Payne

Mr Payne F1 Rookie

Jan 8, 2004
    Bakersfield, CA
    Full Name:
    Payne
    Jaguar. Mark Webber. The closest thing to an American presence in the sport.

8. 96impalaSS

96impalaSS F1 Rookie

Dec 8, 2003
    Hell
    Full Name:
    Chris
    I know what your saying. A true underdog.

Also to respond to Major Paynes post Marc Weber is understated and he's to old to be considered a new Schumie. He's still good in his respect. I always hear the guys talk about something Weber did. He just took a while to get to where he is.

To Omar: You know Williams has the potential to kick some serious a** with Schumies brother(you know families carry genes just look at any famous family including Ford.) as a driver and Montoya as the other they could accomplish something. (if it wasnt for Alonso I wish they would win if any other team besides Reanault did.)

As far as McLaren goes I dont like Kimi (Because I believe he had a vendeata against Schumie to prove somthing last season (making Alonso the understated man of the year last year) .) but Coulthard seems like a nice enough guy. But Kimi ruins it for the rest of the team. Despite what he could show for the future ( F1 racing is a gentlemans sport and theres no room for cuting people off or whining about the race even if you show no emotions.), so Kimi runined it for Coulthard IMO.

9. tifosi12

tifosi12 Four Time F1 World Champ
    Lifetime Rossa Owner

Oct 3, 2002
    @ the wheel
    Full Name:
    Andreas
    I'm surprised you guys not automatically picked Sauber, after all it is half a Ferrari AND an underdog.

10. alx355gt

alx355gt F1 Veteran

Feb 3, 2004
    Belgium
    Full Name:
    Alexander
    Renault could do a couple of nice things this year AND... take away points from Williams and McLaren.

Greets, Alex.

11. 62 250 GTO

62 250 GTO F1 Veteran

Jan 9, 2004
    Nova Scotia Canada
    Full Name:
    Neil
    Ferrari all the way, then cheer for the smaller teams.

12. F1racer

F1racer F1 Rookie

Oct 5, 2003
    Laval
    Full Name:
    Jean
    Sauber (Fisichella and Massa= great duo IMO)

Fisichella is my 2nd favorite or maybe my favorite driver tied with M. Schumacher.

13. bluekawala

bluekawala Formula Junior

Jan 22, 2004
    Ormond Beach, FL
    I picked Sauber too! Great team with fantastic drivers... though when your on the level of F1 there aren't really any bad(!) drivers. I also enjoy Minardi, but I cheer for Sauber first... after Ferrari of course. ;)

I hear what you say about Kimi, but I'm not a DC fan either so the drivers ruin it for the whole team. I'm also not a huge Montoya fan because, like Kimi, he seems to have a grudge against Schumi. So that blasts Williams out of the water.

14. Skelter

Skelter Rookie

Nov 1, 2003
    Picked McLaren but they've lost a lot of my fandom since hooking up with Mecedes so they're almost even with Ferrari, the first being Williams, true racers at heart.

15. DGS

DGS Six Time F1 World Champ
    Rossa Subscribed

May 27, 2003
    MidTN
    Full Name:
    DGS
    I've long bemoaned the proliferation, in a manufacturer's series, of not-really-manufacturers like Williams.

So it's good to see Toyota building the whole thing themselves. Even if it is a german car. ;)

Maybe I'd add Jag, if I can get past it being a Ford. And maybe Renault, when they leave behing the Benneton trappings (formerly Alfa, if you remember that far back).

That being said, Toyota doesn't seem to be getting their money's worth. The huge budget comes with the typical demand for instant results, and management that doesn't seem to be looking to the long run. Or, in short, they ain't no Ferrari -- more like Jag. ;)

But as said above, nobody doesn't like Minardi. ('Cause he's got hiiigh hopes, ...)

16. Skelter

Skelter Rookie

Nov 1, 2003
    by manufacturers do you mean "road car manufacturers"? if so F1 is hardly a manufacturer's series historicaly and would prefer if it went back to having more privateer teams because so much manufacturer involvement is dangerous and they come and go for marketing reasons.

17. DGS

DGS Six Time F1 World Champ
    Rossa Subscribed

May 27, 2003
    MidTN
    Full Name:
    DGS
    By manufacturers, I mean Alfa, Maserati, Lotus, Bentley -- as in, "Win on Sunday, Sell on Monday".

It can be a good thing to have a few "wild cards", like Brabham, Cobra, or Chapparal, to keep the mainstream manufacturers on their toes -- as a way to introduce new innovations to the regular builders. But if the teams don't build anything but F1 cars, then where does all that high tech, developeed for F1 cars, go? I, for one, like having disc brakes on my street car. ABS never made it to F1, it went straight to production. And early ABS units were horrible. Let the race drivers work the bugs out of new technology. And I still think there's a link between a manufacturer's racing experience and longevity of its street products.

Okay, so it's a "brave new world", where the small manufacturers have all been gobbled up by the conglomerates, the new start-up operations never get off the ground, sports cars like the 250GTO and the Birdcage are no longer part of the Manufacturer's Championship, and the Concorde accords pretty much prevent wild cards from playing with those already on their toadstools. This may be more profitable. But is it better for the fans? Or for the street car buyers?

In 1990, I owned a street car 90% identical to the machine Carlos Sainz was thrashing on the WRC circuit. Today, the WRX is rally "inspired", not rally proven. A used 328 isn't worth all that much, compared to a car that actually raced, like the Daytona or 250TR. You may never need to brake at 3Gs on the street. But wouldn't be nice to know you could? ;) (Okay, you don't really need F1 tech to sit in gridlock. But would you want to see Ferrari drop its "impractical" street cars?)

18. tifosi12

tifosi12 Four Time F1 World Champ
    Lifetime Rossa Owner

Oct 3, 2002
    @ the wheel
    Full Name:
    Andreas
    I always think non manufacturers like Williams or Mc Laren are "cheating": You do what you do best, which is build a car and get the engine from someplace else.

As we have seen time and time again with new manufacturers entering the series it is an incredibly steep learning curve and that's why I applaud folks like Toyota and Renault to do it all.

The other factor is what DGS points out: Personally I prefer a car that is F1 inspired. If I were a Williams fan, what car could I drive?

19. Omerta

Omerta Formula Junior

Jan 10, 2004
    poor BAR

McLaren for Me. Gonna be some good comp this year.

20. Gatorrari

Gatorrari F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Feb 27, 2004
    Georgia
    Full Name:
    Jim Pernikoff
    Eagle! (Oops, got a bit nostalgic there for a moment!)

Seriously, though, I voted for BAR because my other car is a Honda!

21. tifosi69

tifosi69 Formula 3

Dec 23, 2003
    Atlanta, Ga.
    Full Name:
    Al-Al Cool J
    Does the Swedish Bikini Team count?