Ralf the mouth---being testy | FerrariChat

Ralf the mouth---being testy

Discussion in 'Other Racing' started by AnotherDunneDeal, Feb 23, 2004.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. AnotherDunneDeal

AnotherDunneDeal F1 Veteran

Jun 2, 2003
    N.Richland Hills, Tx
    Full Name:
    James Dunne
  2. formula1joe

formula1joe Formula Junior

Nov 3, 2003
    Atlanta, GA
    Full Name:
    Joe Bennett
    "Schumacher is upset because Williams has made it clear that it will not pay him anywhere close to the $15m that he thinks he is worth."

I hate to tell this guy, he is not worth 12 million. let alone 15 million. Maybe he needs to go drive for Minardi to see how good he actually has it.

3. beast

beast F1 World Champ

May 31, 2003
    Lewisville, TX
    Full Name:
    Rob Guess

I was thinking the same thing myself. I see Ralf driving at Jordan, Sauber, or in CART next year

4. tifosi12

tifosi12 Four Time F1 World Champ
    Lifetime Rossa Owner

Oct 3, 2002
    @ the wheel
    Full Name:
    Andreas
    Not so fast Rob. In 2005 I see him driving a F1 with a #1 in front.

5. tifosi69

tifosi69 Formula 3

Dec 23, 2003
    Atlanta, Ga.
    Full Name:
    Al-Al Cool J
    12, we usually agree on almost everything but on this point I must protest: NO WAY will Ralph be champ this year, in fact I am not sure he has the temperment or the drive to EVER be champ. He does have the skill I think, not near as much as Michael, but he COULD be a champ one day. I agree with the pay issue though, when the JPM dust up about pay started I was SHOCKED to hear how much Ralph was being paid.

6. beast

beast F1 World Champ

May 31, 2003
    Lewisville, TX
    Full Name:
    Rob Guess
    You honestly think that Ralf will be the 2004 world champ??????

7. tifosi69

tifosi69 Formula 3

Dec 23, 2003
    Atlanta, Ga.
    Full Name:
    Al-Al Cool J
    HEEL no!!!

8. tifosi12

Lifetime Rossa Owner

Oct 3, 2002
    @ the wheel
    Full Name:
    Andreas
    Hehe. Honestly I don't know what to think (no surprise there...). He is very talented, I have no doubts about that and he can and has won. He got fairly close last year. But in a sense he is a bit like Rubens or DC, just not very consistent.

OTOH I still believe the Williams is the car and the tires to beat.

Do I have a crystal ball? Hell no. But I do think Ralf has the best chance he ever had in winning the title in his career so far and I think Michael's chances are less than they were in the last couple of years. So the chance for a reversal of fortune is there.

That's btw not just my opinion; Lauda said the same thing just last week.

PS: Tifosi69, sorry for getting you banned temporarily. That wasn't my intention. I just wanted that picture removed (not that I didn't like it).

9. tifosi69

tifosi69 Formula 3

Dec 23, 2003
    Atlanta, Ga.
    Full Name:
    Al-Al Cool J
    OH, so your the $%@*&^%* - er THAT GOT ME BANNED? Just kidding, I thought Rob did it. Doesn't matter, we can't have anarchy, I got to play by the rules like everybody else.

10. tifosi12

Lifetime Rossa Owner

Oct 3, 2002
    @ the wheel
    Full Name:
    Andreas
    Rob banned you. I ratted you out. I don't have moderator rights on the main board. Otherwise I would have simply quietly deleted your post without turning you in. Rob didn't have a choice either since he has to be consistent in his penalties and since Maranelloman got banned before...

11. tifosi69

tifosi69 Formula 3

Dec 23, 2003
    Atlanta, Ga.
    Full Name:
    Al-Al Cool J
    Seriously, I don't care, I was just busting your stones! I find it mildy amusing actually. No harm - no foul. There have to be rules.

12. Prugna 328

Prugna 328 Formula 3

Sep 10, 2003
    L.I.N.Y.
    Full Name:
    Gregory
    I think, he thinks he should be paid for some of his brothers greatness. Having the name Schumacher should not automatically give you a pay raise.

13. PSk

PSk F1 World Champ

Nov 20, 2002
    Tauranga, NZ
    Full Name:
    Pete
    If the Williams is really fast, so fast that Ralph can nail pole then it could easily happen. A deserving WC ... no! ... but I back him to win more than I would back JPM.

Remember how average he was in the gold coloured Jordan ... so he has already shown us how average he really is.

But remember DH won a championship in a fast Williams ... so it can be done.

Pete

14. Hubert

Hubert F1 Rookie

Jan 3, 2002
    The Left Coast
    Ah, yet another whiner.
    I'm on the line with williams "yes, sir williams, that's right, i'll drive the car for FREE."

15. tifosi12

Lifetime Rossa Owner

Oct 3, 2002
    @ the wheel
    Full Name:
    Andreas
    I never thought about Ralf as being a DH driver, but you have a point: The more I think about it the more it makes sense. He can follow his brother endless laps around Interlagos or Montreal and never make a passing attempt, yet when in front, he has been even faster than Michael.

I don't really recall his gold colored Jordan years much. And it might be unfair to bring those back up, a driver develops over time. Look at Montoya (since that's what this thread is about, isn't it): He was a lousy test driver for Williams many years ago. Then he went to the US and became a superstar. Now he is a lot better in the Williams. Yeah, yeah, I hear you guys now chiming in saying he is still a lousy driver. Not true, he ain't WC material yet, but he certainly developed from his first F1 attempts. Similar things can be said about Hakkinen.

However I agree that the real talents are fast out of the box: Schumi, Kimi, Alonso.

16. beast

beast F1 World Champ

May 31, 2003
    Lewisville, TX
    Full Name:
    Rob Guess
    Andreas;

this thread is about Ralf not JPM :D

I think the moderator job is getting to you ;)

Rob

17. tifosi12

Lifetime Rossa Owner

Oct 3, 2002
    @ the wheel
    Full Name:
    Andreas
    Uh, oh. You're right of course. About Ralf. Maybe about the moderator job as well. Maybe on my birthday Rob will give me an absolution and a license to swear "that @#$% Montoya is @#$ and Ralf doesn't $## what the #$%%..."

18. beast

beast F1 World Champ

May 31, 2003
    Lewisville, TX
    Full Name:
    Rob Guess
    LMAO After looking at my stock portfolio today that is bout the only thing i can laugh about.

Andreas BTW what kind of lense did you buy for your camera last year for Indy??

Rob

19. tifosi12

Lifetime Rossa Owner

Oct 3, 2002
    @ the wheel
    Full Name:
    Andreas
    Didn't buy anything. Rented, ha!

600 mm Nikkor AF

This thing costs about $ 12,000. Rent is about $ 100 per day. Or in other words: I can rent it for the USGP for the next 40 years to make up that purchase price without even counting interest.

20. beast

beast F1 World Champ

May 31, 2003
    Lewisville, TX
    Full Name:
    Rob Guess
    That makes sense since most of those huge lenses cost and arm and a leg.

21. tifosi12

Lifetime Rossa Owner

Oct 3, 2002
    @ the wheel
    Full Name:
    Andreas
    Not only that, you also need them once a year. That particular lens costs even used still an arm. Unbelievable. But so is its quality and speed.