Help from owners in Virginia Water area | FerrariChat

Help from owners in Virginia Water area

Discussion in 'United Kingdom' started by druddle, Feb 23, 2004.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. druddle

druddle Rookie

Feb 23, 2004
    Hello !!!

I wonder if anyone on here can help me. I am getting married on Sat 28th Feb at Wentworth Golf Club in VIrginia Water, Surrey (home of a meet yesterday by the sound of it !!!).

I had arranged for a guy with a TVR Tuscan to take me from home in Bracknell to Wentworth, but (surprise surprise) the engine is out of the TVR as it is playing up. One of me mates has just bought a Porsche 911 C4S and said he would take me, but 4 hours after getting the car, he smashed the front end up after an unfortunate accident on the motorway. So i have no wedding car !! I contacted Maranello's in Egham but they said they cant help.

I will pay for fuel, and a few more beer tokens will be thrown in. I was ideally looking for someone with a 360. Can anyone help me out ????

Thanks for listening....

Dave

2. CraigW

CraigW Formula Junior

Apr 11, 2002
    London
    Full Name:
    Craig Williams
    Not meaning to dishearten you but I've seen posts of a similar nature on other forums before. The reason you may be getting no replies is that you are relatively new here so people may be a little cautious.

Best of luck though & good luck for the big day.

3. druddle

druddle Rookie

Feb 23, 2004
    Totally understand. I post under the same login on Scoobynet and the Seatcupra.net BBS' and have seen similar requests on there. One of the guys from Scoobynet recommended this site.

May end up having to use my car (Leon Cupra R 225) but i ripped the front splitter off on a speed bump at the weekend so will have to get that replaced this week.

Dave

4. druddle

druddle Rookie

Feb 23, 2004
  5. MarkCollins

MarkCollins F1 Rookie
    Owner

Jul 2, 2002
    South England
    Full Name:
    Mark Collins
    Dave

drop me a private mail with your contact details, I may be able to help

6. forzarich

forzarich Karting

Nov 11, 2003
    Dorset, UK
    Druddle, Good to see another Snet'er over here :D

Shame you are so far away.... I could have helped....

Do you know Chuck? Might be worth talking to him about 911s C4Ss.

7. druddle

druddle Rookie

Feb 23, 2004
    Hi forzarich

I have met Chuck once when he had the 22B. Didnt know he had a C4S now though. I would ask him but he's a bit far away in Essex (i think).

Markcollins - have PM'ed you.

Dave

8. forzarich

forzarich Karting

Nov 11, 2003
    Dorset, UK
    Dave, Yeah, I just looked on the map, he is the other side of London and probably about the same distance as me. I can't make that Saturday anyway, if it was the Sunday I could have....
    Good luck with your search. I'm sure someone on here will come to your rescue! (bit short notice though..)