Kids in 355s | FerrariChat

Kids in 355s

Discussion in 'United Kingdom' started by Robertb, Feb 23, 2004.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. Robertb

Robertb Formula 3

Nov 19, 2003
    South Oxfordshire, U
    Full Name:
    Robert
    Hello there folks,

I would like to take my baby daughter out in the 355 as I did in the 328. Top plan because I got kudos points from the missus, and I got to spend quality time with my daughter in the Ferrari!

Problem is, the 355 has airbags.

Anyone know if it is safe to install a forward facing child-seat in a seat with an air bag? (warning picture on car shows rear facing seat as a no-no.)

Alternatively, anyone know the implications/costs of having the passenger airbag uninstalled/deactiveated?

Cheers,

Robert.

2. CraigW

CraigW Formula Junior

Apr 11, 2002
    London
    Full Name:
    Craig Williams
    not safe whether front or rear facing I was told. Are you sure there's not a deactivation button/lock. I have one in my Maserati.

3. tonyh

tonyh F1 World Champ
    Lifetime Rossa Owner

Dec 23, 2002
    S W London
    Full Name:
    Tony H
    Could be wrong, but i think Verdi has designed a baby seat to fit between 355 seats. You'll have to check with him.
    T

4. CraigW

CraigW Formula Junior

Apr 11, 2002
    London
    Full Name:
    Craig Williams
    I've heard of this before, not sure how safe though & I'm sure you'd have serious insurance implications.

5. mal

mal Formula Junior

Jan 12, 2004
    Kent
    I had the switch in my Maserati, which I thought was a brilliant idea, but its the only car I have seen it in, I cant understand why more cars dont have it, especially two seaters.

6. Robertb

Robertb Formula 3

Nov 19, 2003
    South Oxfordshire, U
    Full Name:
    Robert
    Cheers-

There is no switch sadly. As you say, this would be a good idea. Porsche have one available (Ferrari please note) for the Carrera, as has a friend's £10k new Citroen.

I will make enquiries of Verdi's re his child seat, which sounds like a fine plan. And my insurance co re possible implications...

I'll let you know of progress.

Robert.

7. kenyon

kenyon F1 Rookie

Oct 7, 2002
    East Yorkshire
    Full Name:
    Justin Kenyon
    At present Verdi is making a baby seat for my 348 spyder. I have no air bags...

8. chaa

chaa F1 Veteran

Mar 21, 2003
    s there a air bag fuse that can be taken out?