Robert Moses Breakfast Club | FerrariChat

Robert Moses Breakfast Club

Discussion in 'New York Tri-State' started by Ed P., Feb 23, 2004.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. Ed P.

Ed P. Formula 3

Dec 28, 2002
    Long Island
    Full Name:
    No Longer
    Ok guys... we need to get this going again. This winter has been too long. I went for a 50 mile drive yesterday just to blow the dust off the car. Let me know who's ready.... Dave? Andy? Barney? Greg? Frank? ... you know who you are....

2. dwhite

dwhite F1 Rookie

I almost called you yesterday, but had a change of plans at the last minute so I could not get out. I was thinking the same thing, we need to get back down there. Any chance you went there to see if anyone was out?

3. Ed P.

Ed P. Formula 3

Dec 28, 2002
    Long Island
    Full Name:
    No Longer
    Dave, I didn't drive down there, so I don't know if anyone else went either.

4. Black355

Black355 F1 Veteran

Feb 3, 2004
    Full Name:
    Emil
    I don;t know what this is, but I sure love the name...

5. 550

550 Rookie

Sep 19, 2003
    Went to captree on sunday at about 12:00. Only a couple of cars and bikes. sunny day but cold and windy.

6. ghost

ghost F1 World Champ
    Lifetime Rossa

Dec 10, 2003
    Singapore
    Another opportunity to drive. Absolutely!! Count me in when you guys go next.

Black355, haven't been part of this before, but seems like a nice road-trip to a boat basin. Here's what I found in a search:

"Sam this is at the Robert Moses Boat Basin. You can take Wantagh Parkway to Ocean Pky and go to the eastern most point or take the Robert Moses Causeway to Ocean Parkway and exit onto Ocean Parkway to the Boat Basin."

7. Prugna 328

Prugna 328 Formula 3

Sep 10, 2003
    L.I.N.Y.
    Full Name:
    Gregory
    i NEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEED IT!

8. Ed P.

Ed P. Formula 3

Dec 28, 2002
    Long Island
    Full Name:
    No Longer
    The extended forecast for this Sunday looks pretty good at this point. (Around 50 degrees). If it stays that way I'm going to drive down there, unless one of you guys who live near there has a better suggestion for a place to meet where we might actually eat breakfast.

9. pchop

pchop F1 Rookie
    Rossa Subscribed

Jun 12, 2002
    Usually NY often elsewhere.
    Full Name:
    John
    Almost warm enough to go "topless"...on my car of course.

Please email me the details. Thx.

10. 134282

134282 Four Time F1 World Champ
    BANNED

Aug 3, 2002
    California
    Full Name:
    Carbon McCoy
    Frank, is your 550 blue...?

11. 550

550 Rookie

Sep 19, 2003
    Yes it is. Nart blue.

12. ghost

ghost F1 World Champ
    Lifetime Rossa

Dec 10, 2003
    Singapore
    Anybody going solo from around the New York City area, please let me know. I'd love to hop a ride, and will pay for fuel/lunch. I'm getting withdrawal while my baby is on her way to me. Thanks. :)

13. DodgeViper01

DodgeViper01 F1 Veteran

Oct 1, 2003
    Hey everyone. Could someone tell me what this is? I would love to attend but have never been before. Where is it? NY? Long Island? I am located in NJ. What goes on? What time? Any details would be great.

Thanks in advance

Keith

14. ghost

ghost F1 World Champ
    Lifetime Rossa

Dec 10, 2003
    Singapore
    Long Island. Here is what I found on the web Keith:

"Robert Moses State Park has about five miles of ocean beach from which visitors can swim, surf or surf-fish. Anglers can also fish from piers. A day-use boat basin can accommodate 40 boats. The park also has picnic areas and an 18-hole pitch & putt golf course.

Directions: 48 miles from Manhattan, via Southern State Parkway to Robert Moses Causeway (exit 40), south to Park at western end of Fire Island.

Seasons/Hours: Open Year-Round, Sunrise to Sunset.

Would love to get specifics on what goes on at these meets, though.

15. DodgeViper01

DodgeViper01 F1 Veteran

Oct 1, 2003
    I would love to know as well. Thanks for the details GHOST. That was a heck of a lot more than I knew.

Talk to you later

Keith

16. Trinacria

Trinacria Formula Junior

Aug 7, 2002
    Long Island, NY
    Full Name:
    Baldassare Guzzo
    Ed,

I'll be there! What time? Want to drive past my house on the way out? Let me know.

Ciao.

17. Ed P.

Ed P. Formula 3

Dec 28, 2002
    Long Island
    Full Name:
    No Longer
    Barney, I'll drive by your house on the way... I'll see if Dave wants to meet also so we can all go together. I can get to your house whenever you want to go... I'm thinking around 9:30ish. Let's see when Dave can get out here.

To everyone else who wants to know what goes on at this. Basically we just drive down there, check out everyones cars, get some coffee and then we discuss what needs to be done to solve various problems occuring around the world.

18. notoboy

notoboy F1 Rookie

Jul 8, 2003
    NYC
    Full Name:
    David
    Where is the exact meeting spot? At Robert Moses, Captree or the old OBI parking lot?

Pchop and Keith, give a call if you're going and we'll drive out together.

David

19. dwhite

dwhite F1 Rookie

Captree Boat Basin - where the charter fishing boats are at the very eastern end of Ocean Parkway, about a mile past OBI - pass under the Robert Moses Causeway.

Ed & Barney I should be able to meet up about 9:30.

Anyone hear from Andy lately?

20. Ed P.

Ed P. Formula 3

Dec 28, 2002
    Long Island
    Full Name:
    No Longer
    Dave, I sent Andy an email last night, but I haven't heard from him. I noticed he hasn't posted since the end of January, so maybe he went on a nice long vacation. So I guess we'll meet at Barney's at 9:30, if thats good with him.... Barney? That should put us at the boat basin at around 10:00 or so.

David, John, and Keith, Are you "ok" with the directions?

21. DodgeViper01

DodgeViper01 F1 Veteran

Oct 1, 2003
    I guess we could use some directions just in case.

David: Would you like me to meet you in the city?

22. Ed P.

Ed P. Formula 3

Dec 28, 2002
    Long Island
    Full Name:
    No Longer
    Keith, I get the feeling David knows the way. I sent him my cellphone number in a PM , just in case. See you Sunday, Ed

23. sjmst

sjmst F1 Veteran
    Lifetime Rossa

Jul 31, 2003
    Long Island, NY
    Full Name:
    Sam
    I'd like to go. If I can't make it, can I just phone in my solutions to world problems?

24. pchop

pchop F1 Rookie
    Rossa Subscribed

Jun 12, 2002
    Usually NY often elsewhere.
    Full Name:
    John
    I'm ok with the direction. NYC and Nassau N.Shore guys, you are all welcome to meet up at my house in Old Westbury first and head out there together. Please email me at [email protected] if you need additional info.

25. ghost

ghost F1 World Champ
    Lifetime Rossa

Dec 10, 2003
    Singapore
    Shot you an email.