C6 convertible what do you think? | FerrariChat

C6 convertible what do you think?

Discussion in 'Other Off Topic Forum' started by 96impalaSS, Feb 23, 2004.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. 96impalaSS

96impalaSS F1 Rookie

Dec 8, 2003
    Hell
    Full Name:
    Chris
  2. tifosi69

tifosi69 Formula 3

Dec 23, 2003
    Atlanta, Ga.
    Full Name:
    Al-Al Cool J
    Front from above looks like new Viper, door panels look like 456GT, decklid looks eerily similar to 360 Spyder, all in all I say they "borrowed" from a lot of cars.

3. damcgee

damcgee Formula 3

Feb 23, 2003
    Mobile, AL
    Great looking car, I'm sure the domestic set will be pleased.

Remains the best value sports car made, I think

4. tifosi69

tifosi69 Formula 3

Dec 23, 2003
    Atlanta, Ga.
    Full Name:
    Al-Al Cool J
    P.S. Looks like a "stretched out" Honda S2000. What does the rear look like?

5. Skelter

Skelter Rookie

Nov 1, 2003
    Too generic looking.

6. dwhite

dwhite F1 Rookie

I'm sure it will look great in the flesh. Not a big fan of the door handle. Although IMO the worst is on the new Z - gigantic in proportion to the car. Vette is absolutely the best value out there, saw new 04s for sale at 35K in yesterdays NYTs.

7. writerguy

writerguy F1 Veteran

Sep 30, 2003
    NewRotic
    Full Name:
    Otto
    I think Car and Driver was right when they called the C6 the C5 7/16ths

8. tifosi69

tifosi69 Formula 3

Dec 23, 2003
    Atlanta, Ga.
    Full Name:
    Al-Al Cool J
    Ditto !! Does anyone else see the comparisons I see?

9. aawil

aawil Formula 3

Aug 10, 2002
    NJ
    Full Name:
    Aaron
    I was going to post them but never got around to it.I think it looks damn goo as a convert.I'm looking forward to seeing some more angles of it in the pics to come.The silver seems to look pretty good on the C6 as will black.

10. ross

ross Three Time F1 World Champ
    Owner Silver Subscribed

Mar 25, 2002
    houston/geneva
    Full Name:
    Ross
    aka the viperette 2000

11. tifosi69

tifosi69 Formula 3

Dec 23, 2003
    Atlanta, Ga.
    Full Name:
    Al-Al Cool J
    Also, the pop-up headlights are very Corvette. It looks naked without them, JMO.

12. 96impalaSS

96impalaSS F1 Rookie

Dec 8, 2003
    Hell
    Full Name:
    Chris
    Thats very true, but sometimes you need to change things, even if it is something as big as that, they were getting very outdated even Ferrari quit using them.

My friend and I get into arguements about this subject sometimes.

13. labcars

labcars Formula 3
    Rossa Subscribed

Jan 22, 2003
    Phila. + Scottsdale
    Forget the domestic set. This is a car you can have for next to nothing (relatively) pound on it, not be afraid to break it, and sell it two years later (convertible) and lose less than the cost of amjor on my 550! I want one. I will get one.

14. robiferretti

robiferretti F1 Rookie

Oct 31, 2003
    NYC area
    Full Name:
    rob ferretti
    here is the picture the reason cars are starting to look alike is because the aerodynamics companies are using are efficent, thats why cars are starting to look similar

15. CCarlisi

CCarlisi Karting

Nov 4, 2003
    Manhattan
    Full Name:
    Christian
    I think the C6 looks much better in silver than that nasty red wine color they have going around the autoshow circuit. I believe they also used the red for the XLR introduction.

16. prime22

prime22 Rookie

Nov 22, 2003
    Stamford, Ct
    Full Name:
    Mr.J
    The new C6 convertible looks good, it's a nice sports car for the money.

17. tifosi69

tifosi69 Formula 3

Dec 23, 2003
    Atlanta, Ga.
    Full Name:
    Al-Al Cool J
    Notice in the picture, the C6 vette is getting higher off the ground!! Godammit, are all these car companies, Ferrari included, not going to be happy until they turn EVERY car into an SUV?

18. Auraraptor

Auraraptor F1 World Champ
    Lifetime Rossa Owner

Sep 25, 2002
    MO
    though I think lower is better...it does make driving a hell of alot easier around town. :p

19. tifosi69

tifosi69 Formula 3

Dec 23, 2003
    Atlanta, Ga.
    Full Name:
    Al-Al Cool J
    No offense but SCREW that! Are these super cars or not? If I wanted to see above all I survey I would go get a commercial drivers license and drive a freakin' tractor trailor for gosh sakes!!

20. aventino

aventino Formula Junior

Jun 16, 2003
    Hong Kong
    Full Name:
    David L
    From chatting at the LA Autoshow I'd say sorry but the American market wanted the suspension that way. It wanted the 550 softened for boulevard cruising so you gotta pay for a kit for your 575 that puts the car back to standard. Likewise the 996, look at how many fingers you can get between the tyre and the guard, one more for the US market. Look at the M3 CSL, same problem, they make the suspension stiffer than the standard M3. According to BMW NA the biggest gripe with the standard M3 was the harsh suspension and the fact that there was no option to soften it up. The US market wants a CSL but they don't like the stiff suspension so they want the option of standard M3 suspension or even softer.

Me, I just pray they don't start asking for Koenig body kits as standard on all Ferraris.........

21. Challenge

Challenge Formula 3

Sep 27, 2002
    PA
    Full Name:
    Kevin
    The C6 is the first regression in style Corvette has made from one generation to the next. The C5 is much meaner, lower, and aggressive. I'll take pop-up headlights anyday.

22. CCarlisi

CCarlisi Karting

Nov 4, 2003
    Manhattan
    Full Name:
    Christian
    I agree with your point, but I have to say I was disappointed at how rough the E46M rides compared to the E36, given the fact that handling of the two cars is comparable.

23. Prugna 328

Prugna 328 Formula 3

Sep 10, 2003
    L.I.N.Y.
    Full Name:
    Gregory
    I like the 5 better, but maybe it will grow on me. I liked the 4 better too when the 5 came out.

24. Senna1994

Senna1994 F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Nov 11, 2003
    Orange County
    Full Name:
    Anthony T
    It is first Corvette redesign i have not been too excited about. I think in person it will look fine. However, from what I have heard it should be hell of a car. Bang for the buck nothing will compare, but as Allan would say they will be a Dime a Dozen.

25. tifosi69

tifosi69 Formula 3

Dec 23, 2003
    Atlanta, Ga.
    Full Name:
    Al-Al Cool J
    Exactly my thoughts.