Ferrari of La Jolla vs Ferrari of Beverly hills | FerrariChat

Ferrari of La Jolla vs Ferrari of Beverly hills

Discussion in 'California (Southern)' started by The_Transporter_E38, Feb 21, 2004.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. The_Transporter_E38

Jan 18, 2004
    anyone else have as bad an experience as i did in ferrari of beverly hills?
    or as pleasant an experience as i did in ferrari of la jolla.

i just figured out i may be able to aford an F-car and i was doing my homework at the different dealerships.

some greasy guy with huge hair in beverly hills ferrari tried to run a credit check on me before we even talked about the cars.

michael down at ferrari la jolla spoke to me for about an hour and a half and even offered to let me test drive a 575 without so much as asking me how i would be affording it. great guy, im definetly going there when purchase time comes.

im only 20 by the way.

2. sparetireless

sparetireless Formula 3

Nov 2, 2003
    La Jolla is a new dealership, I have heard good things about them.

3. Senna1994

Senna1994 F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Nov 11, 2003
    Orange County
    Full Name:
    Anthony T
    I bought my car from FOBH, James Del Pozzo is a great guy, who did you deal with?

4. TestShoot

TestShoot F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Sep 1, 2003
    Beverly Hills
    FoBH has gone down hill since Philipe left :( IMHO

As far as the credit check, you know how many wannabes go the the Beverly Hills shop because it is BH? loads, so I can't blame them about being selective on clientelle. I am leaning on Autogallery next time if I choose a Ferrari again. Or I go down stairs to Symbolic. Since my girlie is in SD she wants me to shop down there so she can take delivery of the car for me. She is dropping big hints too and had an ok time there, although I don't know who she chatted with.

5. KennyH

KennyH F1 Veteran
    Owner

Aug 13, 2001
    NYC
    Full Name:
    Kenny
    Michael and Safa were incredibly gracious when I was down there this past weekend; although I've never bought from them-- they are car enthusiasts through and through (get Michael talking about exhaust sounds and I bet he'll mention orgasms within the first 5 minutes lol)... My cousin and I had the pleasure of taking out the Maserati coupe and even though he decided on the Porsche Turbo over it, he vowed that once he moved up to Ferrari he'd get his cars from them.

My cousin and I didn't have a great experience with one of the dealers at Symbolic- wouldn't buy a car from them in the future personally but thats for you to decide.

6. G-force

G-force F1 Rookie

Aug 4, 2002
    so california
    Full Name:
    wayne skiles
    If you decide on, Symbolic I recommend Nick Smith.He is a true gentleman.

7. The_Transporter_E38

Jan 18, 2004
    i can understand the necessity to check on the legitamacy of my ability to purchase, but i drove my Z-8 over there, and there was no way he didnt see me get out of the car.

and asking to see my liscence and then immediatly asking to check my credit before so much as introducing himself, was just ****ign rude. i didnt get his name, and frankly i didnt want it.

micheal on the other hand down at FOLJ was hands down the nicest guy i have ever met. while a was there one of his customers was taking delivery on a 360 spyder with a Tubi Exhaust. Michael did in fact mention the O word as soon as we started talking about the cars. hands down im buying an F car i can from FOLJ and FOLJ only. i own several BMW's and i would definetly consider myself an enthusiast, i know now that michael is as well. i know ill be taken care of by those guys if i buy a car from them. which i cannot say about any of the other places i have purchased cars.

im glad to know i can get some feedback from you guys. thanks again.

8. Doody

Doody F1 Veteran

Nov 16, 2001
    MA USA
    Full Name:
    Mr. Doody
    wow - that is totally hilarious! on your first day to work at FoBH, they must give you office supplies and a desk, then the fork lift comes over with your three-ton NEW BRASS BALLS!

ROTFL!

wow - i'll steer clear of those idiots. that's not even VAGUELY acceptable behavior. no matter what. too many wannabes? tough - it's part of the game. you can be open by appt. only or whatever. that's just flat-out the most obnoxious thing i've ever heard.

doody.

9. atool2002

atool2002 Rookie

Jan 7, 2004
    Los Angeles
    Full Name:
    Adam

10. atool2002

atool2002 Rookie

Jan 7, 2004
    Los Angeles
    Full Name:
    Adam
    Sounds like your a "test pilot", not a buyer. I have BOUGHT a couple Ferrari's from Beverly Hills, from that "greasy, big haired guy". My first meeting with him I drove up in my 4x4 truck, jeans and a t-shirt....and was made to feel very comfortable in BUYING my first Ferrari. I not only consider "that guy" a gentlemen, but a friend as well....a laugh a minute. I happen to know for a fact FBH doesn't not run credit checks from their showroom. Sounds like you went in with a poor attitude. If I was in his shoe's and was asked put a $250,000 car out on the street...I'd be selective as well. FBH is a fatastic place to buy your Ferrari.

11. isellpower

isellpower Formula Junior

Nov 30, 2003
    Midwest
    Full Name:
    Jason
    Let me get this straight. You went in there just to yank their chain anyway? Wow, they actually treated you pretty well. If a 20 year old with an attitude came to me and wasted even 5 min. of my time I would have literally tossed you out. They probably wanted to run a report because you looked young and were driving your sisters car....

12. The_Transporter_E38

Jan 18, 2004
    who said i was yanking a chain? i wasnt yanking any chains, in about a month or so im going to be able to afford an Fcar, i was in doing my homework before i wrote a check.

and i apologize for my comments about him being greasy, i just felt slighted, i understand its very different type of car dealership, and i understand there are a lot of test pilots, but i wasnt even so much as offered a card. im sure some people have had good experiences with them, but i didnt, and i was trying to see if what ive been told by others was true, in that FOBH gives a lot of people a hard time.

and i had no intentions of doing a test drive. i wont be doing any test driving untill the day i go to buy. its not fair to the dealership if i drive one now.

and it wasnt my sisters car, neither is my E34 M5 Euro, my M3 or my 740. all bought with my money, registered in my name and driven by me, and soley me, aside from when i let my fiance drive the 740.

13. Bart

Bart Formula 3

Nov 1, 2003
    Orange County, Calif
    Full Name:
    Bart
    The dealership in Beverly Hills suck big time. I wanted to by a 550 there but they thought I was an ass hole. They were right but I had the money. Pass on soending any money there. My wife tried to buy something there and they did not treat my woman with respect. My wife is my wife. You do not respect my wife and you lose money.

Ferrari of Beverly Hills sucks big tine.

14. ferrarisales

ferrarisales Rookie

Feb 21, 2004
    [I was alerted by one of clients that I was being called "Some greasy big haired guy"… I did find that quite funny, but it is interesting because it sounds like you were upset about being pre-judged!

Who is pre-judging who?

The main thing is I am sorry if you felt slighted, but there are a few holes in you story.

We at Ferrari Beverly Hills do not “Run Credit”, second how could I see your car as parking is next door, but who cares..…..the point is I have sold many cars to guys younger and without any clear signs of “Joey Rich Guy” …….. I do not judge people on how they look., I do so by their actions. If you feel my actions were short that is unacceptable and for that I apologize.

I am an enthusiast involved in many forms of racing I love talking about cars and fun stuff when I have the time. I take my profession seriously but some times we do not have the luxury of talking for an hour and a half. I am far from perfect , and we all have our days but keep in mind situations may be slightly different then you recall..

I do not know how you run your life but in general if I have a problem with someone I usually deal with them face to face.

Ferrari Beverly Hills is great place to buy a car and I cannot tell you how many times I have been told by clients how surprised they are at the friendly non threatening environment FBH is.

If you feel like discussing this call me at the store and if I can make it up to please let me know, I will not respond to this on the internet.

Thank You
    BK

FYI; the guys at Ferrari of San Diego are great guys and I do suggest If you are going to buy a Ferrari buy it from an authorized dealer. Of course I feel that FBH is the best place to buy a Ferrari/ Maserati

QUOTE=The_Transporter_E38]anyone else have as bad an experience as i did in ferrari of beverly hills?
    or as pleasant an experience as i did in ferrari of la jolla.

i just figured out i may be able to aford an F-car and i was doing my homework at the different dealerships.

some greasy guy with huge hair in beverly hills ferrari tried to run a credit check on me before we even talked about the cars.

michael down at ferrari la jolla spoke to me for about an hour and a half and even offered to let me test drive a 575 without so much as asking me how i would be affording it. great guy, im definetly going there when purchase time comes.

im only 20 by the way.[/QUOTE]

15. mike550

mike550 Formula Junior

Aug 20, 2003
    California - LA & SF
    Full Name:
    Mike G
    I had an excellent experience with FOBH and the same salesperson (Brian I think).

I went in with my girlfriend - just browsing - with no intention of buying anything that day. They had a great looking red 456 and I asked a few questions about it and Brian offered a test drive . I did not have my license with me. However, I was interested in a test drive so Brian offered to drive us to our condo in the Ferrari to pick up my drivers license.

After picking up my drivers license, he let both my girlfriend and I drive the car and was a pleasure to deal with.

I ended up getting a 550 elsewhere - but I would consider FOBH next time due to the nice treatment from BK.

And before anyone says anything about dealerships giving away 456 test drives ... :) I think Brian would have given us a test drive in any car in the dealership.

Anyhow - a different experience.

16. FastTalk

FastTalk Formula Junior

Aug 20, 2002
    Calabasas, CA
    Full Name:
    Adam Alexander
    Bryant sold me my 360 spider, give him a break, everyone has a "bad hair day" :) I was treated very well, no complaints.

17. Glassman

Glassman F1 World Champ
    Rossa Subscribed Silver Subscribed

Bart,
    I agree with you. I have personally been treated like crap at both dealers, and my wife was also insulted on a visit by herself at Beverly Hills.
    I think in Beverly Hills you can loose a few customers and there will be plenty more to come. They are also used to rubbing shoulders with a lot more money than I have.

18. ponyup360

ponyup360 Rookie

Feb 15, 2004
    Huntington BEach, Ca
    Full Name:
    Jerry Lotter
    SAFA was cool but never had a car for me. He got the AX and is no longer there. And I swear I had nothing to do with it.

19. KennyH

KennyH F1 Veteran
    Owner

Aug 13, 2001
    NYC
    Full Name:
    Kenny
    As of when? What happened? I saw him just a few weeks ago..?

20. F360@20

F360@20 Karting

Nov 24, 2003
    San Diego
    WHAT!!! what happen to SAfA? dude that is not chill if they let me go.
    That guy is awsome.

21. Chiaro_Slag

Chiaro_Slag F1 Veteran

Oct 31, 2003
    CA
    Full Name:
    Jerry
    Nice - thanks for taking the time to post! Is your name Brian? I have been by FoBH several times en route to the Academy theater there on Wilshire (last year they were showing the Oscar's Movie of the year every Monday). I have always wanted to stop in and say hello as I've never been in there before. I'll make sure to look for you and say hello when I stop in for the first time. :)

22. Ron

Ron Formula Junior

Dec 23, 2002
    LA
    BK (Ferrarisales), welcome to the board.

I hope that you and others at your store will find the time to frequently visit the site and contribute to the dialog and information sharing here. We welcome participation from insiders like yourself.

The_Transporter, you were a bit rude, but you apologized for it. Welcome to the board. I hope you also find time to visit and make some positive contributions.

Isellpower and atool2002 I hope you add some information to your profile and also visit and contribute regularly to the site. If you just created these user ID's to post here instead of your regular ID's then let it go.

23. ponyup360

ponyup360 Rookie

Feb 15, 2004
    Huntington BEach, Ca
    Full Name:
    Jerry Lotter
    I got the information from my leasing agent. I hope it is not true. Safa was always nice to me.

24. atool2002

atool2002 Rookie

Jan 7, 2004
    Los Angeles
    Full Name:
    Adam

25. atool2002

atool2002 Rookie

Jan 7, 2004
    Los Angeles
    Full Name:
    Adam
    Ron,

I have only been on the chat a few times and never posted on the board. However, reading those original comments I felt I had to. "Never judge a book by it's cover"...I've heard that somewhere before.