TGTC - Porsche race at Bira circuit | FerrariChat

TGTC - Porsche race at Bira circuit

Discussion in 'Asia' started by pwongd, Jun 20, 2004.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. pwongd

pwongd Karting

Nov 5, 2003
    Thailand
    Full Name:
    pwongd
    I guess some of you guys went to Bira today. How was it? I thought it was going to rain and it didn't. Turned out to be a perfect day for a race, didn't it? My 328 gave me a hard time again. I hope it will not do this to me the next time you guys are meeting anywhere.

K.Theera, K.Mon, how are your 575 comparing to the 360? I have been curious as to the difference between the two ranges. I only have brief experiences with 512TR and 355. The difference there was only that the 355 was quicker off the line and noticably quicker until 140 or so. Then the 512TR will be on it and pass it quite easily. The TR was also roomier but not so much that it'll make a difference though.

I only rode in a 360 but not a 575 so I'd like to know what the difference will be. Thanks.

2. theera

theera Formula Junior

May 6, 2004
    The Big Mango
    From my own experience they are both very good cars. Without going through the boring technical details about how fast and powerful they are, I prefer to look at their original purpose. To be honest, I would like to think that they were actually destined for two different purposes. For example the 360 was designed to be the most agile sports car, and the Maranello was supposed to dictate the benchmark of all of the future Sports GTs, coming from Ferrari or from its competitors. In my view the 360 continued the lineage from its predecessor, the 355. However, the Maranello was not supposed to be from the same supercar breed as the F512M that it replaced. So, to me one is like a cheetah and the other is a lion, both are wild animals.

3. Takuya

Takuya Rookie

Feb 7, 2004
    Hi everyone krub,

This is my first post, I'm a big fan of Ferrari but haven't got it one yet krub. Hope to get it in future eiei...

This pic is took from Bira Circuit in this weekend. According to last thread, I think all of these babes are belong to K.Mon right??? Nice collection krub...

P.S. I'm not took this pic by myself, just saw it on bmwsociety.com krub.

4. Choopong

Choopong Karting

May 25, 2004
    EXCEPTIONAL COLLECTION ...

5. Mon

Mon Karting

Feb 15, 2004
    K. Pwongd,
    Last Saturday was our second try between me and my dad on 360 and 575. The first try 575 won bigtime because I released the pedal at 230 km/h. But this time 360 was incredibly fast 575 could not catch up (2nd gears to 290 km/h cuz 360 stuck at 290 km/h, but 575 can go beyond 310 km/h)
    Comparing this car interm of ride, 575 is a lot smooter than 360 in everyway (gear shifting, ride, and the way it pulls) 575 pull hard, but it very hard to notice, by the time you look at the gauge it already went over 200 km/h (very easy). On the other hand, 360 will make you feel like it pull harder because it jerks when we shift gears.
    In my opinion, I prefer 360 over 575 because of the look (since I'm still young :) ) SL500 was not even on the league

6. Mon

Mon Karting

Feb 15, 2004
    K. Takuya
    Thank krub. I saw lots of Bimmers at Bira too, was it Bimmer meeting?

7. Takuya

Takuya Rookie

Feb 7, 2004
    Yeah, it has a bimmer meeting too krub.

Here is another shot krub, hope it's alright for my pic posted na krub.

8. Takuya

Takuya Rookie

Feb 7, 2004
    Opp!! I missed it.

If you want the pic of each car side by side, please tell me krub and I'll post it for you krub.

9. pwongd

pwongd Karting

Nov 5, 2003
    Thailand
    Full Name:
    pwongd
    Nice collection K.Mon. I don't know if I should envy you for having such a nice collection of cars, or should I sympathise with you for having to make a decision which one to drive on a given day? However, that would be a dilemma I'd love to have, anytime!!!!!

When would you guys be doing the next sprint? If my 328 is in good mood, it hasn't been in good mood lately, I'll definitely take it to join the sprint. If not, will you allow other make of car to join your sprint?

10. Mon

Mon Karting

Feb 15, 2004
    K. Pwongd
    My dad drives 575 to work krub. My 360 is my daily driving. We just sent SL500 to Krungtep Bodyshop krub (too many scracthes and nicks). My 360 will be next :(.

I don't know when the next sprint is. Let's have K. Theera set up another meet..what u think?

11. Mon

Mon Karting

Feb 15, 2004

That would be great krub K. Takuya.
    BTW, I don't know whether you see my M3 on the other thread. I used to autocrossing when I was in USA with my M3. If you need any help or sources of modding BMW please let me know krub.

12. theera

theera Formula Junior

May 6, 2004
    The Big Mango

Khun Mon,

Nice cars, I hope that you could bring them to the next sprint, at least for the group photo. It's unfortunate that I've scheduled business trips to Indonesia, Hong Kong and Dubai in July. So, the next sprint will be after those trips, unless somebody else could "lead" instead.

Oh. like Khun Pwongd I'm jelous of your collection of Italian stallions.

13. Choopong

Choopong Karting

May 25, 2004
    K. Mon krub,
    Driving 360 on a daily basis, in your opinion, is it comfortable to drive and can it fight with the temperaturte and traffic in BKK?

14. Mon

Mon Karting

Feb 15, 2004

K. Choopong
    I got used to this kind of driving since I was in USA, so it is ok for me. The temperature is pretty varies but it never went beyond 100 C' krub. When the car is in motion it comes down to 70-90 C'. When it rains the temperature stay at 60-70C' krub.

15. F 355

F 355 Rookie

Jun 7, 2004
    K. Choopong... F-car can fight with the BKK Heat & Traffic , believe me... They have a good Cooling system like all other Japanese one... Reliable for daily drive...

16. Pong

Pong Formula Junior

Nov 5, 2003
    Thailand
    Full Name:
    Pong
    K.Mon krub.. are you still interested in doing some autocross here in Thailand??? I compete on a regular basis in the event called Yokohama Gymkhana Thailand Champianship krub. I also attend Racing Web Speed Party to do gymkhana... It's similar to the autocrossing in the US except that here the course is smaller, more confusing (cones cones cones), and involves the use of hand brake quite a bit.

It's very challenging krub. It might not be suitable for F-car, but it's fun. I use Evolution and MX-5 to compete in these series.

If you are interested, you can come check out the scene first. I forgot when is the next meeting, but if you would like to see, I will let you know krub.

The Yokohama Gymkhana series is very competitive krub, the pro class has a few very skillful drivers. I use MX-5 in this serie. It's just plan fun krub.

17. newfer

newfer Karting

Jun 3, 2004

18. Choopong

Choopong Karting

May 25, 2004
    K. Mon & F355,
    Thanks for the tips ... glad to hear they are more than okay and up to it.

19. Mon

Mon Karting

Feb 15, 2004

20. Choopong

Choopong Karting

May 25, 2004
    Ha ha haa .. Exotic Car = Exotic Charge ... Actually, I think these are 2 different issues. There should be a clear line drawn on fairness.

21. newfer

newfer Karting

Jun 3, 2004
    Opps! I didn't mean to spill the beans!

22. Takuya

Takuya Rookie

Feb 7, 2004

Yep, I saw your M3 with AC part and 996 C4S krub, both are very beautiful krub. Thanks for your kind krub but I already sold my bimmer. By the way, which state do you live krub, coz I might go further my master in there krub.

Here is your request krub K.Mon....enjoys