"First and Third Saturday Drive" | FerrariChat

"First and Third Saturday Drive"

Discussion in 'New England' started by enjoythemusic, Jun 21, 2004.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. enjoythemusic

enjoythemusic F1 World Champ

Apr 20, 2002
    Worldwide
    Full Name:
    Steven
    Here are my thoughts... We New England folks need STRUCTURED driving events. How about every first and third Saturday of the month? We can meet in Burlington MA or at my place or ???

Seriously guys, we NEED to get some DRIVING events going!!!!!

ALSO, i JUST joined the new http://www.clubmotorsports.com track and hopefully in 2005 i can rent out the track for an hour here and there for Ferrari car meets. This WILL BE structured track events so Technical Inspection WILL be mandatory and done by pros. Will also hire some instructors as well. Once i can get a handle on things (including price) will probably ask for a few $$ but i WILL ALSO subsidize the costs as much as reasonable. Those of you who are already members of the track (or become members... hint hint) it will probably be a simple free event for you :)

ANYWHO, so what say you about first and third Saturdays????

2. racerx

racerx Guest

Nov 23, 2003
    Lets do it. Too much showing not enough going. To have real fun you need to be out in the country on roads that have been scouted and "blocked". Burlington is ok for crystal cove type of deal but any fun would very limited around there due to congestion and cops. It could be one of each in alternating fashion, so those who aren't too comfortable behind the wheel wouldn't be shut out.
    T

3. enjoythemusic

Apr 20, 2002
    Worldwide
    Full Name:
    Steven
    Cool :) This month is already gone, so how about July 3rd guys? Meet at my place or ???

4. zan

zan Formula Junior

Nov 15, 2002
    Boston
    Full Name:
    Mark M
    July 3 is bad for me, going to a Fourth party with the Family :(
    Mark

5. boxerman

boxerman F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

May 27, 2004
    FL
    Full Name:
    Sean
    Hey if you guys can get some good roads scouted I would be happy to drive my boxer up from CT. Could probably find some opportunities down here at some time. Any possibility of doing some hillclimb type events?

If anyone is going to the vintage ferrari event at lime rock july 10 we could meet up there and see about some plans etc.

6. Birdman

Birdman F1 Veteran

Jun 20, 2003
    North shore, MA
    Full Name:
    THE Birdman
    I Like this idea a lot!!!

Birdman

7. Giovanni_P

Giovanni_P Formula Junior

Nov 11, 2003
    MetroWest, MA
    Full Name:
    John Pelliccio
    I'd be interested in this, too. I don't have a Ferrari, but my 300ZX is a hoot to drive, plenty capable, and I would enjoy meeting you guys.

-John P

8. enjoythemusic

Apr 20, 2002
    Worldwide
    Full Name:
    Steven
    Birdman --- Cool.

John -- We'd love to have you join. The fun is IN the drive, not necessaritly WHAT you drive :)

(Said in good humor... and truth) Still dreaming of having the most rare of rare cars on the road today. A fully functioning and drivable Yugo. How often do you see a Yugo on the roadway today?... EXACTLY :)

9. Nabbs

Nabbs Formula Junior

Dec 23, 2003
    Manhattan, NY
    Full Name:
    Naveed
    Count me in...

Steven -- how about setting up a little enjoythemusicANDthedrive email list, eh?

-Naveed

10. enjoythemusic

Apr 20, 2002
    Worldwide
    Full Name:
    Steven
    Cool! i ALREADY have a "Car Guys New England" email address book. If you want to be part of it, e-mail me at:

steve AT enjoythemusic DOT com

and BE SURE you say you want to be part of 1/3 Saturday drives

11. Verell

Verell F1 Veteran
    Consultant Owner

May 5, 2001
    Groton, MA
    Full Name:
    Verell Boaen
    Sounds like fun,
    will join in when my schedule permits.

12. enjoythemusic

Apr 20, 2002
    Worldwide
    Full Name:
    Steven
    Thanks Verell :) Also thanks for the availability of your lift last week. Found a good work-around and am getting a top quality micrometer torque wrench shortly as well. Basically, want to be able to change ALL fluids/tires/etc here in my garage. Did an oil change yesterday and think i need to do it every 2k versus every 3k due to my driving habits :)

i WILL want your expertise and help when i upgrade the front brakes to Brembo or the like before the 2005 race season. Right now i can tell the brakes are a weak link and MUST be changed out. May also up rate the springs from the current 300/250 to 350/300 or more.

13. scott61

scott61 F1 Rookie

Feb 11, 2004
    North of Boston
    I would love to see some rides get going, In the 3 months I have owned my Spyder my odometer just hit 800 miles, Pretty sad. But I doubt that 7/3 would be a good day. Tons of holiday traffic and police galore

14. enjoythemusic

Apr 20, 2002
    Worldwide
    Full Name:
    Steven
    Agreed, we will CANCEL 7/3 in favor of 7/10 ( my B-Day party celebration) See NEW thread for this.

15. Birdman

Birdman F1 Veteran

Jun 20, 2003
    North shore, MA
    Full Name:
    THE Birdman
    OK, what's up for August 7th? My wife is going on a "girls weekend" and that means that I am free for burning rubber!! WOO HOO!!

16. enjoythemusic

Apr 20, 2002
    Worldwide
    Full Name:
    Steven

Madam Moreesha predicts on August 7th that certain red cars were seen as a blur on yet unnamed roadways. News at 11 :)

17. racerx

racerx Guest

Nov 23, 2003
    You mean we are actually supposed to drive these things?
    T

18. enjoythemusic

Apr 20, 2002
    Worldwide
    Full Name:
    Steven
    LOL!!!

Yeah, imagine that ;-)