any 40+year olds remember these | FerrariChat

any 40+year olds remember these

Discussion in 'United Kingdom' started by steve f, Jun 22, 2004.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

?

Have his Head !

1. Mount 512Tiara's head on a stick ;-0

2. Leave the poor old boy alone ;-)

Multiple votes are allowed.
Results are only viewable after voting.
  1. steve f

steve f F1 World Champ

Mar 15, 2004
    12cylinder town
    Full Name:
    steve
    #1 steve f, Jun 22, 2004
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 7, 2017
  2. polartech

polartech Karting

Mar 4, 2004
    East Yorkshire
    Full Name:
    Geoff
    Aaaahhh... yes those crazy days of ringing the *rse off a 50cc fizzy engine to get up to 50! Very nostalgic piccy. All my mates had Suzy APs, and I could never keep up on the Yam...

3. Robertb

Robertb Formula 3

Nov 19, 2003
    South Oxfordshire, U
    Full Name:
    Robert
    Is that your collection Steve?- very impressive!

Don't remember them myself, but they look very cool!

Robert.

4. steve f

steve f F1 World Champ

Mar 15, 2004
    12cylinder town
    Full Name:
    steve
    thats my hobby restoring 70s mopeds. pinball machines. space invaders. and the odd jukebox and one armed bandits

5. tonyh

tonyh F1 World Champ
    Lifetime Rossa Owner

Dec 23, 2002
    S W London
    Full Name:
    Tony H
    I was a bit too young to be allowed one of those , Steve, but always wanted one. How much are the recond. space invaders? I've always fancied one of the little sit down, table ones....

6. sletti

sletti F1 Veteran
    Lifetime Rossa

Nov 19, 2003
    NW Kent
    Full Name:
    Stig W
    Ahh, Nostalgia; it ain't what it used to be....

My dad used to have a Williams 8 Ball Deluxe pinball machine. He bought it as a money box for me and my sister. Cost about thirty times as much in electricity than we saved, but I suspect it was more of my dad's fantasies than anything else!

Mmmmm, an Asteroids machine, now thers a thought......

7. Ade

Ade Formula 3

Jan 31, 2004
    UK
    I caught the tail-end of the seventies wearing trendy nappies (non disposible, Ferrari-Red). My parents were pretty wild, so I reckon I probably had a few pilion rides on these machines (while being carried of course).

8. harvey

harvey Rookie

Jan 20, 2004
    London
    Full Name:
    Harvey John Neale
    I used to have a Malaguti Monte, would love to still have it, but they appear to have all passed away, unless anyone knows otherwise?

9. steve f

steve f F1 World Champ

Mar 15, 2004
    12cylinder town
    Full Name:
    steve
    tonyh you have more chance of seeing three enzos in coranation street at a porsche owners meeting in the rovers return
    the last one i seen did a £1000 at a slot machine auction and it didnt workand with asteriods in them they do more moneyi have a old 1963 bar billards table with the mushrooms on where you play to a time old 6d a go have you seen them

10. steve f

steve f F1 World Champ

Mar 15, 2004
    12cylinder town
    Full Name:
    steve
    the second one at the back is a red malaguti monte next to the black garelli

11. harvey

harvey Rookie

Jan 20, 2004
    London
    Full Name:
    Harvey John Neale
    i missed it many thanks, though it might be a calvacone?, my monte had a tank bag, an orangy/red tank, and three plastic circles to add a racing number, just to make it look very serious when not screaming along at about 52mph!

12. ferrari355gtb

ferrari355gtb Formula 3

Nov 3, 2003
    UK
    Full Name:
    R
    Steve/Tony - aren't these 'space invader' type games making a come back ? - I know in my West Hampstead days there's a bar that has a few machines, used to play them for hours on a lazy/boozy Sunday afternoon.

Rick

13. Dale

Dale F1 Veteran

Oct 7, 2003
    uk
    Full Name:
    Dale Juan
    Steve i had a brown FSIE when i was 16 none resticted,loved it just gets you ready for the big stuff,went all over the place on it with mates on theres wales,down the coast and never siezed it up,

cheers
    Dale.

14. andrewg

andrewg F1 Rookie
    BANNED

Sep 10, 2002
    Chester, England
    Full Name:
    AndrewG
    A colleuage builds them in his spare time, you use a programme called mame that emulates the games and just build an MDF housing for a cheap old PC (total cost approx £150), if anybody wants a copy of Mame just PM and I'll tell you where on the web its hidden

15. Andy hls

Andy hls Formula Junior

Dec 17, 2003
    Kent UK
    Full Name:
    Andy

Steve i have a sit down astroids machine in the loft, but sadly it doesnt work and will always stay in the loft as it was put up there before the roof was built, and now i can't get the bloody thing down.

I had a TY 50 bored out that could just about keep up with the fissies.Those things at 16 in 1979 were as much fun as the car is today.Great collection.

Andy.

16. 360CS

360CS F1 Rookie

Nov 1, 2003
    Kent
    Full Name:
    Joe J
    1979 i bought a new DT 50 two weeks later fitted a YZ 80 engine not one of the FS1E or AP,s ever kept up, ahhhhh!! what a laugh that was ...needless to say the boys in blue soon sorted out that the engine was not as it should and i got a serious lecture and changed it back :-(

Sortly after RD250/350 , DT 175 with YZ 250 engine:) so on and so on,

17. 348paul

348paul Formula 3

Dec 27, 2002
    Kent - UK
    Full Name:
    Paul Hill
    Now that brings back memories!

My first Motocross bike was a YZ80 - Damn that was a quick little bike - Boysen (sp?) reeds, triple power cans etc.

:)

18. Badapple

Badapple Formula Junior

Nov 20, 2003
    West London
    Full Name:
    Phil
  19. 512Tea Are

512Tea Are F1 Rookie

Apr 22, 2004
    Dear Steve,

And you had the temerity to berate me for the possession of my wonderful P100. Whatever is going on in the world? JRS commenced the whole nonsense with a thread entitled Porsche Carrera GT rules. Sometime later he posted another thread alleging that the threads are no longer interesting. I came along at the behest of the powers that be to create a little controversy and the next thing we find is that the site is filled with a picture of mop ed's! However, I am happy to go along with this; but why is there not an 'NSU Quickly' shown in the photograph? These were wonderful machine's as were the Mobylette's of a similar vintage. Do you recall a machine made by BSA and called a DBD34 Gold Star?

20. jrs

jrs Formula 3

Jun 14, 2003
    UK
    Full Name:
    James S
    Started out in 77 on a Yamaha DT50, then went to Suzuki GT185, Suzuki GT380 (great triple for those who remember it )

James

21. simon355

simon355 Formula Junior

Nov 23, 2003
    W.Yorkshire, UK.
    Full Name:
    Simon George
    Oh God. 512 fruitcake is back.Is there any interpreters on here please.
    I have to say though in all fairness that Mr fruitcakes posts have become more sensible of late.
    Is this your doing Steve?!!

22. jrs

jrs Formula 3

Jun 14, 2003
    UK
    Full Name:
    James S
    Your'e tempting fate and asking for it ! Don't say you were not warned !

23. 512Tea Are

512Tea Are F1 Rookie

Apr 22, 2004
    Dear JRS,

These 'Mop - eds' are nothing but icons of flatulence bordering upon brobdingnagian proportions. And as such should be thrown in the skips at the Council Recycling Depot to rise again, as a Phoenix from the ashes, and metamorphose into the motive power of a V8 Ferrari - I am sorry, but I am quite unable to bring myself to call a mere V8 an engine.

All proper Ferrari's have twelve cylinder's - anything else is a piffling mountebank

24. 512Tea Are

512Tea Are F1 Rookie

Apr 22, 2004
    Yes, indeed I am full of sensible comments - here is another: 'Mop - eds' are absolute crap and are close runners to Porsche's in the stakes of egotistically defensive commentary of nonsensical contributions to this site, which has now reduced itself to the depths of abject despair. And only occasionally escalating into peaks and troughs from the murky sublime, to the totally ridiculous. I believe that the 512M which Steve F purports to own is merely a one eighteenth scale Burrago model. Probably the 'Mop - eds' were actually photographed at the Council Recycling Depot and next to the bin for the disposal of pinball machines (whatever they are).

25. tonyh

tonyh F1 World Champ
    Lifetime Rossa Owner

Dec 23, 2002
    S W London
    Full Name:
    Tony H

Proper loon !