Challenge Stradale InCar Footage | FerrariChat

Challenge Stradale InCar Footage

Discussion in '360/430' started by rico, Jun 22, 2004.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. rico

rico Formula Junior

Nov 2, 2003
    Bournemouth
    Full Name:
    Andrew
    Hey

Here's a clip of 456mgt's Challenge Stradale doing an airfield day at Bruntingthorpe which is just south of Leicester in good old England.

Hope you enjoy it. 26mb of pure Ferrari bliss. A bit of banter at the start which gives a nice insight into his views of the car.

Right click, save as:

www.andrewrixon.co.uk/stradale.mov

Also, the car we're racing is a Noble M12 3R. Check out their site at:

http://www.noblecars.com/new-noble-site/index.html

Cheers to 456mgt and to craigw from Pistonheads.com for organising the day.

Hope you enjoy it :D

2. Tobias

Tobias Formula 3

May 22, 2004
    NY
    .mov? I hate QuickTime.

3. grantb

grantb Karting

Nov 2, 2003
    Columbia SC
    Full Name:
    Danny Burnstein
    That was fabulous, Thanks, great sound, and great to hear the F1 shift

4. rico

rico Formula Junior

Nov 2, 2003
    Bournemouth
    Full Name:
    Andrew
    Sorry. I use Apple Macs and its the easiest one to convert to.

Believe me, the footage is worth the hassle of running QuickTime! :D

5. rico

rico Formula Junior

Nov 2, 2003
    Bournemouth
    Full Name:
    Andrew
    My pleasure!

I've got a 12min video on the way. Edited footage, just got to fine tune and add music. I'll post it here obviously :)

6. Brian C. Stradale

Brian C. Stradale F1 Rookie
    Lifetime Rossa

Mar 17, 2002
    Dallas, TX, USA
    Huh? QuickTime is the best... its Windoze Media Player and all its damned incompatible codec's that deserves your scorn!

Thanks for the link to the video. I wish the camera's exposure was a bit brighter.

Interesting, didn't sound like he had it in race mode. Why the heck not?

But then again, he didn't want to get the brakes hot? What's that about! ;)

7. ATBNM3

ATBNM3 Formula 3

Nov 17, 2003
    Sunny Isles
    Full Name:
    Don Jackson II
    Good video a lot of fun. Thanks.

8. 456mgt

456mgt Formula Junior

Mar 24, 2002
    Cambridge UK
    Full Name:
    Kevin
    Thanks for posting that Rico! Excellent. It's always rewarding when you get to spend time hooning with other petrolheads
    It was in race mode Brian; in fact my car is rarely out of race mode. The actual sound level in the car is much higher than it seems on video, something I've seen with other in car Stradale footage. From outside, at full bore, it was measured at 114db.

The brakes already were very hot from several previous runs, and that straight's the only opportunity to cool them off. Not that I was getting nervous or anything.....

9. Brian C. Stradale

Brian C. Stradale F1 Rookie
    Lifetime Rossa

Mar 17, 2002
    Dallas, TX, USA
    Hmmm, guess I was fooled by the camera sound. Yeah, I wasn't going off volume... no telling about that after its been filtered through a camera. Rather, I was going off the speed of the upshifting, the crispness of the downshifts, and the tone of the exhaust in the 85% of redline range. That recording of your car sounds like recordings of mine in normal mode... nothing like recordings of it in race mode.

Were you going all the way to redline, or short shifting? (Since you can't rely on pitch of the sound through the camera, shifting at 7K instead of 8.5K would likely fool me).

Otherwise, I can't explain... guess I was just deceived by the differences in our cameras. I'll have to post a recording of my car doing a run up through the gears in normal mode vs. race mode to illustrate the difference.

Great that you're exercising your Stradale properly, though!! I just love that sound,

10. 456mgt

456mgt Formula Junior

Mar 24, 2002
    Cambridge UK
    Full Name:
    Kevin
    I was changing at 8K and they seemed pretty crisp to me! And my passengers too, now I think of it. Posting your recordings would help elaborate on this.