French Quarter Classic meets the Exotic Italian Car show in Memphis | FerrariChat

French Quarter Classic meets the Exotic Italian Car show in Memphis

Discussion in 'Louisiana' started by Tifosi1, Jun 22, 2004.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. Tifosi1

Tifosi1 Formula 3

Feb 17, 2002
    Pearl River, LA
    Full Name:
    Kelly J. Vince
    Well, our merry band of French Quarter Classic representatives headed north on Saturday morning. 400 miles of travel and we would be on Beale Street. I had plans of taking in Mud Island and Grace Land, but too many pit stops and one tire separation on my car trailer ended those ideas. Maybe, some other time Elvis.

The downtown Marriott was ready of our arrival, I been calling for and reminding them we were coming and what we were bringing. It took 30 minutes for them to move enough cars for us to park our trucks and trailers. Well after spending an hour in Wal-mart in Greneda, MS getting new ties for the trailer, the parking I guess was not that bad of a deal.

We had about an hours rest and we caught the trolley (Street Car to us) to Texas De Brazil. It is right next door to the Peabody. This place is an Atkins diet paradise. If you have not been, look up their website and just go eat.

Sunday morning brought a trace of drizzle from the night before, but it was just enough to wipe off the cars, and they looked great. The parking at the Marriott was out side, but it was perfect because it rained just enough to wash the cars for us. Of course getting out of the parking lot was fun, backing out where it was hell just getting in.

The Pink Palace Museum is a beautiful place. A little shy on trees compared to Longue Vue House, but a perfect lawn and back ground to park our horses. I made one big mistake; I socialized when I should have been taking pictures, because the crowds were huge. Later on that day, I could not get a clear shot of a car. You’ll see when I post the pictures.

Tom had made sure we had a wide screen for the race. I did have 2 people tell me that a lady walked in and asked that the TV be changed to golf. I heard she made it out of the building safely. I also notice the dislike was just not mine for Montoya. This poor guy is not like by the Memphis people either.

At 4:30 they handed out the awards and all was not lost because my trusted partner in speed and great trailer tire changer, Paul Wehmer got 2nd in class. These awards were all people’s choice. I still don’t know how much bribe money Paul spent, he will not tell me.

At the French Quarter Classic we told everyone that there was a dumpster behind the hotel and that brown paper bags with $5,000 were being accepted. HAHA. If you don’t know this story, our previous Governor Edward, just went to the slammer for getting money out of dumpsters. Great joke, but we never got any money.

We had planned to be buggy out about 5, but with all the people still there, it was not possible to get the cars on the trailers and head home. We did stop at a truck stop on the way home to get gas and eat, and every local cop showed up to look at our cars.

What a trip, we got home about 12:30AM

Thanks to everyone, Tom, Trey, Jim, Margie, Don and Shapply. Hey Shapp get some fender shields for the Chevy truck when you’re towing that Daytona. You all have something to be very proud of.

Kelly Vince
    French Quarter Classic

2. 134282

134282 Four Time F1 World Champ
    BANNED

Aug 3, 2002
    California
    Full Name:
    Carbon McCoy
    Kelly...! Long time, no see... How's everything...? i hope all is well...

3. Tifosi1

Tifosi1 Formula 3

Feb 17, 2002
    Pearl River, LA
    Full Name:
    Kelly J. Vince
  4. Tifosi1

Tifosi1 Formula 3

Feb 17, 2002
    Pearl River, LA
    Full Name:
    Kelly J. Vince
  5. Brian C. Stradale

Brian C. Stradale F1 Rookie
    Lifetime Rossa

Mar 17, 2002
    Dallas, TX, USA
    I love the arrangement of the cars on the huge lawn... is this an annual event in Memphis? What's its official name?

6. Tifosi1

Tifosi1 Formula 3

Feb 17, 2002
    Pearl River, LA
    Full Name:
    Kelly J. Vince
    Good to here from you Danny. I hope you are well and having a great time in the new job. Did you see Jim's car on the cover of Cavolino?
    Bye
    Kelly

7. damcgee

damcgee Formula 3

Feb 23, 2003
    Mobile, AL
    #21 damcgee, Jun 22, 2004
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 7, 2017
  8. tfrancis

tfrancis Karting

Nov 3, 2003
    Memphis, TN
    Hey Brian.... Yes this is an annual event held every Fathers Day. The venue is primarly Ferrari but also includes Lambo's and Maserati's. We also opened a section this year for unique italian exotics.

Hope you can make it next year! Although I may be bias.. I think it's one of the best shows around this part of the country.

9. Matt LaMotte

Matt LaMotte Formula 3

Oct 30, 2002
    Awesome pictures Kelly. Your car looks great as well as all the rest. Was the Enzo locally owned?

10. johnhoughtaling

johnhoughtaling Formula 3

Nov 6, 2002
    New Orleans
    Full Name:
    John William H.
    Kelly:

While the event seemed really great, and many New Orleans Ferrari owners attended, to my knowledge, this event had no affiliation whatsoever with the French Quarter Classic.

That point made, the event looked great. Hope my trailer worked OK for you.

John W. Houghtaling