Ferrari and Exotic Spotters | FerrariChat

Ferrari and Exotic Spotters

Discussion in 'Texas' started by MarkPDX, Jun 13, 2004.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. MarkPDX

MarkPDX F1 World Champ
    Lifetime Rossa

Apr 21, 2003
    Gulf Coast
    Spotted this in the parking lot of Chester's Hamburgers just off 410 near the airport.

2. MarkPDX

MarkPDX F1 World Champ
    Lifetime Rossa

Apr 21, 2003
    Gulf Coast
    It was a good night for Ferrari spotting, unfortunately I didn't have my camera handy............

Black 360 Spyder parked at a bar/club called Waterfall or something like that a few blocks off 281 close to 1604.

Red 360 Modena parked on the street near the Riverwalk.

3. writerguy

writerguy F1 Veteran

Sep 30, 2003
    NewRotic
    Full Name:
    Otto

Mark you are goin to have to get some more San ANtoinans on Fchat or it is going to get lonely out there spotting

4. MarkPDX

MarkPDX F1 World Champ
    Lifetime Rossa

Apr 21, 2003
    Gulf Coast
    Yeah, the SA crew needs to represent.

5. MarkPDX

MarkPDX F1 World Champ
    Lifetime Rossa

Apr 21, 2003
    Gulf Coast
    Jackpot!!!! I saw 8 Ferraris today!!!! Well I do have to admit it was at the local dealer, but it was still pretty cool. I stopped by to pick up some leather treatment stuff and was happy to find that everything in the boutique is 40% off.

6. Seth

Seth Formula 3

Feb 8, 2004
    Texas
    ive been looking the owner of the red spider also has a 360 CS... also in red i posted pics of it earlyer in texas forum

7. TXesprit

TXesprit Formula Junior

Oct 31, 2001
    Southlake
    Full Name:
    Sean
    Two weeks working down here and no spotting yet....

Wasn't there a dealer, or at least seller of Ferrari's near the airport? I remember stopping by a place that had Lotus and Ferrari, but it appears to be another dealer these days.

8. ShanB

ShanB Formula Junior

Jul 9, 2003
    Tejas/Europe/Desert
    Full Name:
    shanb
    On sunday I took the 348 and drove the whole 1604 loop for grins. I saw at least one other Ferrari on my journey and a few other nice rides. I am starting to see more F-cars here on the northside as more higher-end housing communities are being built. In fact, I am seeing at least a few F-cars a week driving around the local area. Clearly they are out there, just not F-chatters.

9. Sfumato

Sfumato F1 World Champ

Nov 1, 2003
    Llanfairpwllgwyngyll, Anglesey, Wales
    Full Name:
    Angus Podgorney
  10. Seth

Seth Formula 3

Feb 8, 2004
    Texas
    how long did the 1604 loop take? also if any one is intrested i know of some great single lane roads all through out the hill country and have a great loop that takes the better part of a day to complete through the hill country... and when i say single lane it is wide enough for 1 car and thats it... the times ive been on it there are ushally 1 or 2 trucks but not much because the road is mainly used as acess for someones ranch and what not

11. ShanB

ShanB Formula Junior

Jul 9, 2003
    Tejas/Europe/Desert
    Full Name:
    shanb
    About 2.5 hours but I stopped to take pictures along the way so probably less than 90 minutes driving straight through.

The remote one-lane ranch roads aren't my thing, but if anyone could suggest some larger scenic hill country routes, that would be super.

12. Sfumato

Sfumato F1 World Champ

Nov 1, 2003
    Llanfairpwllgwyngyll, Anglesey, Wales
    Full Name:
    Angus Podgorney
    See my link to map...LOTS of high speed/challenging roads. Goes from SA west, Austin, all over. Some ranch roads aren't bad, but they are RANCH roads...ever seen what a 3500# steer will do to a 348? not to mention a deer and a 550 :(

I vary my routes, but usually run 300-350 miles over about 3-4.5 hrs. Usually drive the tank, 30.1g in Maranello.

Be safe.

Lee

13. MarkPDX

MarkPDX F1 World Champ
    Lifetime Rossa

Apr 21, 2003
    Gulf Coast
    Yellow Murcielago at Club Antro tonight.

14. maranelloman

maranelloman Guest

Mark, I know you have been trying to reach me by phone recently. Sorry I have been hard to connect with--we have been in Penna. for a family reunion & to help celebrate my mom's 70th birthday, and just returned yesterday afternoon. I will try to ring you later today or more likely tomorrow.Best,

Dave

15. ShanB

ShanB Formula Junior

Jul 9, 2003
    Tejas/Europe/Desert
    Full Name:
    shanb
    Mark - how did this Saturday's pics turn out? I'm curious to see what a 348 and C5 look like side-by-side.

16. Seth

Seth Formula 3

Feb 8, 2004
    Texas

NO way!! where is that?? i had no idea there were any new lambos in SA????

17. MarkPDX

MarkPDX F1 World Champ
    Lifetime Rossa

Apr 21, 2003
    Gulf Coast
    They turned out pretty good. I was going to post them last night but I left my camera in the car. Thanks again for looking over everything on my car.

For those of you who don't know Shan, he has a sweet 348 up on the north side of SA. I swung by his house yesterday to show off my new Vette and ended up going for a ride in his F car. It was a lot of fun zipping around though the Tubi sound makes my Vette sound woefully inadequate. Thanks for the ride :D

18. MarkPDX

MarkPDX F1 World Champ
    Lifetime Rossa

Apr 21, 2003
    Gulf Coast
    Dave
    No problem, my schedule has been a bit wacky lately trying to fly between the daily thunderstorms. We will meet up one of these days :)

Mark

It's on Fredericksburg a couple miles off of the 410. It's the best club I have been to yet in SA.

19. Fastviper

Fastviper F1 Rookie

Nov 20, 2003
    Texas
    Full Name:
    Dash
    you wouldnt belive it yesterday i went out side my house and there was a 348 parked there and I said can I drive it and the owner just threw me the keys and said sure, unbelivable, someone would just let anybody drive there ferrari. Thanks Shan It really reminded me of the old days.

john

20. Seth

Seth Formula 3

Feb 8, 2004
    Texas
    yellow 360 Spider coming out of dominion this morning

21. ferrarikid360

ferrarikid360 Rookie

Jul 8, 2004
    *** Josh new Member****
    I had spotted a Lamborghini (yellow) coming into San Antonio also a Red 360 Spyder coming out of the La Cantera
    Josh

22. MarkPDX

MarkPDX F1 World Champ
    Lifetime Rossa

Apr 21, 2003
    Gulf Coast
    Saw this Merc with a shield yesterday on Pat Booker just north of 1604. It had dealer plates and looked like a kid driving it.

23. Ferrariman355

Ferrariman355 F1 Rookie

Jul 11, 2004
    NYC
    my brother just bought a 360 Spider blue from FoD

24. Ferrariman355

Ferrariman355 F1 Rookie

Jul 11, 2004
    NYC
    Whats up with San Antonio, nobody wants to represent. Just two pages of spotters and Dallas, Houston, even Austin has more, its embarresing to see that San Antonio is bigger than Both Dallas and Austin (population) but their are still no cars out there.

25. Seth

Seth Formula 3

Feb 8, 2004
    Texas
    well, san antonio sucks.... and there are not that many "good" cars here, i dont think population has anything to do with it... i did however see a S600 and SL55 AMG the other day