window sticker | FerrariChat

window sticker

Discussion in 'Florida' started by gil308, Jun 22, 2004.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. gil308

gil308 Formula 3

Jun 22, 2004
    Charleston, SC
    Full Name:
    Gil
    Anyone know where I can find a California emissions sticker? I need to replace my windshield and cannot remove (without destroying) the sticker. It has a black rectangle outline on a clear background with information regarding the vehicle conforming to California emissions regulations for 1985. Anyone make reproductions of this sticker?

2. paulie_b

paulie_b F1 Veteran
    Consultant Owner

Jan 13, 2003
    Jupiter, FL
    Full Name:
    Paul Bianco
    why don't you try to post this question on the Calif section? also, call DMV in Calif and ask them. I am sure that if you are replaciing the windshield they will replace the sticker.

3. TheCarcierge

TheCarcierge Formula 3

Feb 1, 2004
    Boca Raton, FL
    Full Name:
    Scott Saidel
    Gil:

All of the "official" decals - including the emissions sticker - should be available through your local Ferrari dealer.

Scottie

4. paulie_b

paulie_b F1 Veteran
    Consultant Owner

Jan 13, 2003
    Jupiter, FL
    Full Name:
    Paul Bianco
    or I guess any state inspection station...............

5. gil308

gil308 Formula 3

Jun 22, 2004
    Charleston, SC
    Full Name:
    Gil
    Since the sticker is from 1985, I want to obtain another one from 1985. Any stickers offered today, even from the factory, are going to be updated and not duplicates of the 1985 sticker. There is a place in Oregon that can reproduce it, but I have to send them the sticker (attached to the glass). It will cost close to $200.00, so I was just wondering if there were other sources prior to sending it off.

6. TheCarcierge

TheCarcierge Formula 3

Feb 1, 2004
    Boca Raton, FL
    Full Name:
    Scott Saidel
    I thought that you were talking about the California Emissions sticker that would be in the engine compartment.

If so, than your local Ferrari dealer should have or should be able to order you the one FOR YOUR CAR - that is the appropraite 1985 sticker - as they vary from year to year and model to model.

Sdcottie

7. gil308

gil308 Formula 3

Jun 22, 2004
    Charleston, SC
    Full Name:
    Gil
    No...sorry for any confusion...this sticker is placed on the windshield (lower left corner) by the factory on US cars, since CA emissions are the standard Euro car makers go by for the US market....looks like I'll have to send it to Oregon.

By the way, the reason I need a new windshield is that a car ahead of me hit a tire tread in the road sending pieces of the tire and car into mine. I was on the way home from my mechanic (who got my 308 running like a dream) when this happened...almost $10,000 worth of paint damage to my baby!! Thank god for insurance...my 308 is at 1st Class Auto in Pompano Beach...only factory authorized facility in FL (only 1 of 7 nationwide I'm told).

8. TheCarcierge

TheCarcierge Formula 3

Feb 1, 2004
    Boca Raton, FL
    Full Name:
    Scott Saidel
    Gilnsammy

First class does good work - The MaMa's Maser is there right now (courtesy of Maserati North America) having a "paint issue" one the front fender addressed. They previously repaired a damged rear bumper - when some kid in a riced out Honda tried to drive through my father when he was stopped for a red light.

However, there are other places in the area that are less expensive and as good or better. If you are not committed to First Class, I can hook you up with Luc - Martin will verify that he does great work and for FAR less than First Class.

Scottie

9. gil308

gil308 Formula 3

Jun 22, 2004
    Charleston, SC
    Full Name:
    Gil
    1st Class is a Direct Repair facility for my insurance company...therefore, I do not have to deal with any paperwork or other issues that may arise. My insurance deals directly with 1st Class and in 6 weeks I'll get the car. And, since I have a $0.00 deductible, it's easier for me to have 1st Class handle everything.

I would like some other names, however, just in case I choose to have some work done in the future unrelated to insurance. For example, I think I want to have the wheels redone...I'll wait until I need new tires, but the wheels are looking a little faded.

Do any of you guys get together for events in the Palm Beach area? I would like to start meeting some people with similar Ferrari interests (my wife could care less about Ferrari...she's more into '50s style cars).

10. TheCarcierge

TheCarcierge Formula 3

Feb 1, 2004
    Boca Raton, FL
    Full Name:
    Scott Saidel
    Gilnsammy:

Send your email address to Barton Workman <[email protected]> he can add your name to the Squideria Calamari distribution list.

We currently get together every other Thursday for Kart racing at Speed in fort Lauderdale. We also have a "monthly" dinner meeting.

Scottie