FoS 22nd Track Day @ Pacific Raceways | FerrariChat

FoS 22nd Track Day @ Pacific Raceways

Discussion in 'Northwest' started by thomas_b, Jun 22, 2004.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. thomas_b

thomas_b Formula Junior

Sep 15, 2003
    it was a fun day today - lots of track time - some nice cars around - Gary videotaping Ray in his CS passing us – Gary is the man; we did some 105s laps and a 103s at the end and he did not blink with an eye … - Brian I hope you post some of your pics

2. thomas_b

thomas_b Formula Junior

Sep 15, 2003
  3. thomas_b

thomas_b Formula Junior

Sep 15, 2003
  4. ToddB

ToddB Formula 3

Nov 4, 2003
    Vancouver B.C./OC
    Full Name:
    Todd
    I wish we had some f50s north of the border...... time for a trip down south

5. GaryReed

GaryReed F1 Rookie

Feb 9, 2002
    Seattle
    Full Name:
    Gary
    Thomas,

Thank you very much for letting me ride along in your CS and thanks for talking Don K. into allowing me to go out.

You are a really great driver on the track and your CS's brakes are just amazing, wish my Boxer could brake that good and have zero fade.

You mentioned 105s and 103s.... I assume you must mean average mph per lap? Right? Or, are your talking lap time, as in one minute- three seconds?

Either way, that's smoking along pretty fast! I just checked on Pacific Raceways Lap Time Chart: http://www.pacificraceways.com/trackspecs.html

I'll be sending you a copy of the video tape very soon. Hope you enjoy it!

Gary

6. thomas_b

thomas_b Formula Junior

Sep 15, 2003

sorry the DL1 gives this in that format - 1min 45s = 105s - I am actually a little surprised that we run that fast – I did not go for top speed in 1&7 and thought I braked earlier for 3x & 5x – you can see that on the attached DL1 graph (it starts close to turn 1) - shows what type of track PR is

"one minute - three second" - I am not even dreaming of that :)

7. Brianjonesphoto

Brianjonesphoto Formula Junior

Dec 2, 2003
    Seattle Wa
    Full Name:
    Brian Jones
    Here's some images Thomas. I want to say Thank you again to Will for giving me a ride in the 512.

8. Brianjonesphoto

Dec 2, 2003
    Seattle Wa
    Full Name:
    Brian Jones
    Thomas I has some more shots of your car sne dme you email address and I send you son jpegs.

Does anyone know who the topless F50 belongs to? I would love to get in touch with him.

9. david

david Formula Junior

Feb 21, 2001
    Northwest
    Full Name:
    david
    Cool shots Brian and Thomas. The topless F50 belongs to Kevin M. He was blasting along in the challenge car. It sounded great. Thomas, you really were moving out there too. I think you and the challenge would pass me about twice a lap! And if you guys weren't in my rearview mirror that darn vette would be tearing by me. Not to mention Tino giving demos of the Masarati. All in all a great day. Thanks to Tino and FoS for a perfect day.

David (slow guy in the 308)

10. raygr

raygr Karting

Nov 1, 2003
    Seattle Area
    Full Name:
    Ray
    Brian, those are nice shots. In the pic of Thomas (car #3 - Stradale), where were you taking that from above? That is my favorite :)

-Ray

11. GWat

GWat Formula Junior

Nov 3, 2003
    USA
    Thanks to FoS for a great event!

Even though I am still waiting for my Stradale I thoroughly enjoyed myself puttering along in my G35. It was a total blast!

Great pictures, thanks for posting them; I took mine on film so I will post them in a few days.

12. Brianjonesphoto

Dec 2, 2003
    Seattle Wa
    Full Name:
    Brian Jones
    thans Ray, It's turn 5a/b from on the top of the hill in the infield with a long lens.

13. Willdief

Willdief Karting
    Silver Subscribed

Oct 31, 2003
    Mercer Island, WA
    Full Name:
    Will Diefenbach
    Brian - very cool shots inside & outside my car! It was my pleasure giving you a ride - I know it wasn't particularly comfortable with a helmet and the long lens :)

Regarding track times - a 1:43 is an awesome time for a street car at PR - well done, Thomas. In the BMW race car my PB is a 1:40.2. While the BMW only puts out about 170hp at the rear wheels it goes to show you what race suspension, tires and brakes can do for you. And light weight as the car is about 2,600 lbs. with me in it.

14. CMac

CMac Formula Junior

May 10, 2004
    Gig Harbor Wash.
    Full Name:
    Chris McDonald
    How is it that they let a convertable onto the track (refering to the red 355 in the photo above)???

15. stokpro

stokpro F1 Rookie
    Lifetime Rossa Owner

Jun 25, 2003
    Himalayas
    Exactly my thoughts.... unless of course he has a rollbar installed. ???

16. CMac

CMac Formula Junior

May 10, 2004
    Gig Harbor Wash.
    Full Name:
    Chris McDonald
    Didn't think you could do that from a structural standpoint.....let alone Butcher the car???!!!

17. GaryReed

GaryReed F1 Rookie

Feb 9, 2002
    Seattle
    Full Name:
    Gary
    Will,

Thank you for giving me a ride too! You sure know how to drive the PERFECT line at PR!

Gary

18. david

david Formula Junior

Feb 21, 2001
    Northwest
    Full Name:
    david
    He had a roll bar

19. thomas_b

thomas_b Formula Junior

Sep 15, 2003
    Are you driving by any chance the red BMW that was at the Speedware Motorsports event 6/16? – usually cars disappear in 3a/b or 5a/b but in that case it was the opposite which was suprising – sound like your BMW to me

20. stokpro

stokpro F1 Rookie
    Lifetime Rossa Owner

Jun 25, 2003
    Himalayas
    I've seen a 355 spider with a rollbar and top down... not a pretty sight.

21. Willdief

Willdief Karting
    Silver Subscribed

Oct 31, 2003
    Mercer Island, WA
    Full Name:
    Will Diefenbach
    #21 Willdief, Jun 23, 2004
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 7, 2017
    Nope - that wasn't me. I haven't had the car out for any track days this year. Here's a shot of me exiting turn 8 during qualifying - note how little body roll there is and the lift on the inside front tire.
    Image Unavailable, Please Login

22. NickM3

NickM3 Formula Junior

Nov 23, 2003
    Full Name:
    Nick Y.
    Wow looks like fun :)

I think that might be my friend Byron's blue M3 and his dad's black Maserati.

23. stokpro

stokpro F1 Rookie
    Lifetime Rossa Owner

Jun 25, 2003
    Himalayas
    WillDief is the man on and off the track!! Wish I could've made it out for a few hot laps in the 512. Instead I've been swamped at the office.

Gary, can you post/upload some video clips?

24. CMac

CMac Formula Junior

May 10, 2004
    Gig Harbor Wash.
    Full Name:
    Chris McDonald
    Can't imagine it's a pretty sight! Kinda like a Geo metro with a wing and ground effects, just wasn't meant to be!!!! :)

25. GaryReed

GaryReed F1 Rookie

Feb 9, 2002
    Seattle
    Full Name:
    Gary
    Andrew,

I just mailed the DV mini cassette to Albert, he wants to copy it to a DVD.

Maybe he can edit a few choice minutes from it and post a mpg video online?

Albert, are you reading this?

Gary