This is for you Lou... | FerrariChat

This is for you Lou...

Discussion in 'California (Southern)' started by Ferrari Boy, Jun 22, 2004.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. Ferrari Boy

Ferrari Boy Formula 3

Oct 25, 2003
    Long Beach CA
    Full Name:
    David Couch
    A while back, a bunch of us met at Lou's house, I was asked to do a few things in Photoshop so Lou can get an idea of the possibilities on what his 308 could look like. So I experimented and this is what I got.

Also, at Ferrari Service of Costa Mesa, I saw a 308 with the painted Louvers and Mirrors which is another possibility. Hope this helps you Lou!

-David

P.S. I know this may not intrest some of you, it's just I am unable to send attachments through both PMing, and email. Also, I would have had this up alot sooner, but for some reason, it wouldn't attach the images.

2. Chiaro_Slag

Chiaro_Slag F1 Veteran

Oct 31, 2003
    CA
    Full Name:
    Jerry
    Nice pics.

I miss Lou. :)

3. Ferrari Boy

Ferrari Boy Formula 3

Oct 25, 2003
    Long Beach CA
    Full Name:
    David Couch
    I know, where has he been?

4. zsnnf

zsnnf Formula 3

Sep 11, 2003
    Interesting pictures. Thanks for taking the time........
    Now about those tunnel videos........ :)

Rick

5. lou staller

lou staller Formula Junior

Dec 21, 2002
    Orange County Ca
    Full Name:
    Lou Staller
    Thanks David! I'm here and all is fine. I've been busy at work and busy in the garage working on the 308. Still, not enough time on the car! Oh well, one day soon...
    The photos of your (Dad's) car with the louvers, shields and red roof look really cool. I still don't know what I'm going to do, but I better decide soon as I'm hoping to be able to get the car back to the body man this fall for paint. Therefore I have to decide if cutting the fenders for the shields is what I want to do or not. If you remember, I didn't want to but my wife and son do. Hell who's car is it anyway?
    I'm thinking you guys need to come back to my house one Saturday after CC and check out my progress.
    Jerry, I miss you too! I guess I'm too old to keep up with you young, late night people! I have a few photos of some parts I just finished which I'll send to you later today.
    Take care and be safe...
    Lou

6. Chiaro_Slag

Chiaro_Slag F1 Veteran

Oct 31, 2003
    CA
    Full Name:
    Jerry
    Sounds good Lou - Look forward to the pics! Just let us know when is a good time to stop by again - I love checking out the progress! Take care. :)

7. Ferrari Boy

Ferrari Boy Formula 3

Oct 25, 2003
    Long Beach CA
    Full Name:
    David Couch
    Hey Lou, glad this kinda helps you. But as far as the shields go, if you do it, cut the fender and inset it, but if you don't want to, why waste your time? But the good thing about doing the shields is you will most likely be the only person who has shields inset into the car body. I think it will make your car more significant. Maybe start a poll to see what everyone else thinks.

But as far as seeing your car again possibly this Saturday would be awesome! I would love to see it. Let me talk to my dad and see what he thinks, and maybe we could get a few people to meet and see the progress on your car soon.

Keep up the good work!

8. Nationaltec

Nationaltec Karting

Dec 22, 2003
    North County
    Full Name:
    Patrick
    Lou,

Boy it's been a while since our last update on the 308 progress.. Another look for the gang would be a great idea and personally I kinda prefer the inset shield idea myself. Especially with that ceramic version knock-off you had built, it looks so much better than the cheap stick-on's.

Hope all is going well.
    Patrick

Note: Sorry for my absence lately guys but no more travel for the next month for me~!! But I did blaze out to Laughlin this weekend in the 328.. (331 miles of pure fun) and I did learn that "Wind Has No Affect On My Car" something I really never considered until the wife in the Navigator (following me back) was asking me to slow-down due too the heavy wind gusts.. Anyhow after 4 days of typical 106° temps in Laughlin, I could use a moderate coastal drive !

9. Chiaro_Slag

Chiaro_Slag F1 Veteran

Oct 31, 2003
    CA
    Full Name:
    Jerry
    I'm in Vegas this weekend - Please don't go without me! :)

10. Ferrari Boy

Ferrari Boy Formula 3

Oct 25, 2003
    Long Beach CA
    Full Name:
    David Couch
    Hey Patrick, hope you had a fun trip. It must of been real fun with the 328.

Lou, I don't know if we will be able to go this weekend either because I have relatives from kansas flying in today. They might want to go to CC, but I don't think we have enough time to go to your place after. My dad might say otherwise, but I don't know for sure yet. But I'll probably still see you at CC!

Jerry, don't worry, we don't want to leave you out! Your one of the members of the "crew" now. :)

11. lou staller

lou staller Formula Junior

Dec 21, 2002
    Orange County Ca
    Full Name:
    Lou Staller
    Hey guys, I'm kinda' glad a few of you aren't going to be able to make it over this Saturday 'cause I might not be home! But without a doubt in a few weeks you gotta' come by. Not that much to see on the car from last time but a lot of small stuff. I'll post a few photos of some of the stuff I did over the last few weeks. I hope to get out to CC soon to catch up with all the BS I've been missing.

12. Ferrari Boy

Ferrari Boy Formula 3

Oct 25, 2003
    Long Beach CA
    Full Name:
    David Couch
    Alright Lou, maybe we could do it next week? I'll have to talk to my dad and see if when we could do it. But I think I might be going to CC, because my Grandfather would like to see the cars, and of course, I want to go. So maybe I'll see you there.

13. Nationaltec

Nationaltec Karting

Dec 22, 2003
    North County
    Full Name:
    Patrick
    David,

CC might be pretty crowded next week due to the July 4th holiday and I'm sure the traffic will be really bad. So , I'll be water bound on the boat!

Let's try some other weekend after the 4th...

Lou.. Great to hear from ya again. cant wait to see it...
    Patrick

: David, mention to your dad that we're having a party at my boat in Oceanside harbor on the 4th.. It's always a great time, plus we have the Kayaks if you like and for the fireworks show we cruise out on the boat and get the best seat of all...! Jerry, Lou, and anyone else interested is welcome..

14. Ferrari Boy

Ferrari Boy Formula 3

Oct 25, 2003
    Long Beach CA
    Full Name:
    David Couch
    Patrick, your right, I forgot about it being the 4th of July weekend. Maybe the next week we can go to Lou's.

Thanks for the invite to your party! Sounds like alot of fun. I will be SURE to bring it up to my dad, I think he would love to go, he's been wanting to meet you again for a while! But sounds like alot of fun, hopefully we can go.

Thanks again!