Sunday, 6/27/04 - Any plans? | FerrariChat

Sunday, 6/27/04 - Any plans?

Discussion in 'California (Southern)' started by Bmyth-FDC, Jun 23, 2004.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. Bmyth-FDC

Bmyth-FDC F1 Rookie

Oct 4, 2002
    Southern California
    Full Name:
    Byron
    Hey everyone!

Wow, this board has been quiet lately!! I've been pretty guilty of this as well...sorry! Since coming back from the Player's Run, it's been pretty non-stop for me, traveling for work...

Anyways, it's the LAST SUNDAY OF THE MONTH!

I hear there's a FOC/FCA Run through Calabasas this sunday for F-Cars only... is anybody doing this run? Perhaps a few of us can meet up for some morning coffee then go on this run? I hear they are expecting a huge turnout - and perhaps even already at capacity...

If not, I'm always down for meeting up with local f-chatters for some breakfast and a drive... I still have all the stickers on my car, but I'm gonna take them off after this weekend... hehe...

Would be nice to get together again.

Btw - who's up for some karting in July or August? (Indoor ... then maybe shifter? )

What's the plan for sunday?

-B.

2. Ferrari Boy

Ferrari Boy Formula 3

Oct 25, 2003
    Long Beach CA
    Full Name:
    David Couch
    Hey Byron,

I was trying to set up an event at a resturaunt called Taco Beach which a family friend manages. In fact, it is very close to Yard House. I've been talking to her for a while trying to set this thing up. I will call her again and see what the latest it. Hopefully I can get it setup for Sunday and we could eat there. It is a nice mexican resturaunt, although have not eaten there. But let me call her and see what we can do.

Hopefully it will work out.

3. jdb

jdb Formula Junior

Nov 16, 2003
    Northern California
    Full Name:
    Jeremy
    B-

I think karts would be a lot of fun -- I would love to do that!

I still have the Players Run stickers on my car, but I'm out on Catalina this Sunday (hopefully it will be more eventful than the PR conclusion).

-Jeremy

4. Ferrari Boy

Ferrari Boy Formula 3

Oct 25, 2003
    Long Beach CA
    Full Name:
    David Couch
    Ok, new plan. I talked to the manager of Taco Beach and she said it would be better to do it on the promenade. So I called the Blue Cafe, located on the Promenade, and they will be able to save places for us to eat in their resturaunt. As some of you may know, the Promenade is a one way walk-way type street. On weekends there is a live band that play's in front of the Blue Cafe. So basically everything is set. So here's what we do...

1. Arrive around 10:30 on the promenade
    2. Slobber over cars
    3. Sit down to eat at the Blue Cafe at around 11:30
    4. Depart for a drive (any ideas?) at around 1:00

Be sure that when you arrive, to come in through Broadway. It is a one way street! And we will proceed out on 3rd Street after lunch. Make sure you remember this.

Hopefully this will be a great event for Sunday. If any of you would like to contact the Blue Cafe you can call them at (562)983-7111 and ask for Andrew. Maybe this won't be as good as Yard House, but maybe it will be. Hopefully we can just get a big group to go and enjoy each other's company.

If you plan to attend, please Private Message me, and post here, and please tell me how many people you will attend with.

Oh, and I will have family visiting, so hopefully I can still make it on Sunday. But everyone else will definantly still be able to go.

Byron, this sound like a plan?

5. Bmyth-FDC

Bmyth-FDC F1 Rookie

Oct 4, 2002
    Southern California
    Full Name:
    Byron
    David,
    Wow... you set all that up in one day? :)
    Sounds pretty cool, but I didn't see any mention of reserved parking - do you have any idea about that?

B.

6. Ferrari Boy

Ferrari Boy Formula 3

Oct 25, 2003
    Long Beach CA
    Full Name:
    David Couch
    Byron, I actually set it up in 30 minutes! :)

As far as reserved parking, we will be parking on the promenade. There is no parking spaces on the promenade. Instead you pull permites to be able to use the area. And later on in the day, a Harley-Davidson club is coming, so the permits were already pulled. Also, since we won't be there all day, it will be ok. So as for reserved parking, we will be the only ones on the street, except for harley's that will be coming later in the day. We will be able to see our cars from the resturaunt.

7. Bmyth-FDC

Bmyth-FDC F1 Rookie

Oct 4, 2002
    Southern California
    Full Name:
    Byron
    where is the promenade? Do you have a street address? This sounds like a decent venue... how many cars can it accomodate?

I was going to try to get into the FOC run, but if that is filled up, then this sounds like a perfect alternative!!

Can you post some address and parking information?

Byron

8. Kevallino

Kevallino Formula 3

Feb 10, 2004
    Mid-Ohio
    Full Name:
    Kevin
    I'd be interested as long as we have parking. FOC run looks too hard at this late stage!!!

Cheers
    Kevin

9. Ferrari Boy

Ferrari Boy Formula 3

Oct 25, 2003
    Long Beach CA
    Full Name:
    David Couch
    Here's a link of the Blue Cafe

http://www.thebluecafe.com/

Here's a map...

click here for mapquest

And for parking, we just go here, and park, we will be the only ones on the street. We will be able to see the cars from the blue cafe since it will be parked in front of it.

I told him we expect atleast 20 cars, and he said it will be alright.

Hopefully it will work out.

10. robertgarven

robertgarven F1 Veteran
    Owner

Feb 24, 2002
    Ventura, California
    Full Name:
    Robert Garven
  11. Ferrari Boy

Ferrari Boy Formula 3

Oct 25, 2003
    Long Beach CA
    Full Name:
    David Couch
    Ok, here's the deal. My relatives will have to be to the Airport on Sunday by 11:00. So unfortunatly, I won't be able to attend the event itself. But, I already gave the idea, and it is already set up if you guys want to do this event but doesn't have to happen. If someone else has an idea, please throw it out here. We could always save this event to next month or even the month after that. So please, if this event sounds good to you please say so, or give some kind of alternative.

Since I won't be attending, if someone would like to take over and help to make this event happen, please step up and say something. We just need someone mainly to lead a caravan to the place if there is a caravan, and just to make sure the event it self happens. Like I said before, I have already set it up, I just need someone to follow through with it if that makes any sense. So if a leader wants to take over from here, please do so. PM me if you are interested and I will give you additional information.

12. Alex_V

Alex_V F1 Rookie
    BANNED

Apr 8, 2004
    Boulder, CO
    Full Name:
    Alex
    Wow David your an organized guy! The way you set that up and explained it all, you sounded 30!:) Being that organized is something people our age usually struggle with, me being one of them :D Hope you have a good time, as far as i know things are pretty quiet Ferrari-wise for a little bit here in Colorado :(

13. Ferrari Boy

Ferrari Boy Formula 3

Oct 25, 2003
    Long Beach CA
    Full Name:
    David Couch
    Thanks Alex! You need to move out here, your missing out on all the fun!

14. ricks

ricks Rookie

Dec 29, 2003
    Los Angeles
    Full Name:
    Rick

15. ricks

ricks Rookie

Dec 29, 2003
    Los Angeles
    Full Name:
    Rick
    Hi Byron,
    I'm up for a drive in Calabassas. Could meet at Coffee Roasters off the 101. Its probably my last free weekend until late July.

16. Tipo815

Tipo815 F1 Rookie

Nov 1, 2003
    Newport Beach, CA
    Full Name:
    Jeffrey
    I'm usually good for the "end of the month" drives, however, I have family arriving tomorrow. The Fcar is not a good "family" vehicle! :)

Most of July is a rough month as well (boating season is here!). Hopefully we can plan something for the latter part of July.

17. Brigitte

Brigitte Guest

Jan 16, 2004
    Redondo Beach, CA
    Full Name:
    Brigitte
    If anyone wants to watch drift contests at Calif. Spdwy. They are this Sat. & Sun.

Entrance fee $5

:) I have to go Saturday.

18. Bmyth-FDC

Bmyth-FDC F1 Rookie

Oct 4, 2002
    Southern California
    Full Name:
    Byron
    Rob - oops!! I had no idea this conflicted with your plans... man, don't I feel like a jerk! Happy Birthday, man...

I have to be in OC later in the afternoon, so I may have to stay somewhat local that day - hopefully, we can get some folks to cruise up to San Ysidro, though!

F-chatters: I've been to Rob's house... just his garage alone is amazing! I didn't get to see the shrine inside, but from the pictures, it looks to be the same!

Since it is late to register for the FOC run, I may just cruise over to check ou this place in LB... who's in?

B.

19. Bmyth-FDC

Bmyth-FDC F1 Rookie

Oct 4, 2002
    Southern California
    Full Name:
    Byron
    Rick, we can start in Calabasas, then cruise down to LB for lunch? How does that sound?

B.

20. JaguarXJ6

JaguarXJ6 F1 Veteran

Feb 12, 2003
    Black Hawk, CO
    Full Name:
    Sunny
    Count me in for Calabasas and hopefully Long Beach. I have friends arriving back at LAX on Sunday either at 8am or 8pm so I should be good for most of the day.

And, I'll have my car back (today) after the last accident. I hope for their sake its perfect, 22 days in the shop not including 3 1/2 weeks I drove it "banged up" waiting just for parts to arrive.

I need a drive!

Sunny

21. Ferrari Boy

Ferrari Boy Formula 3

Oct 25, 2003
    Long Beach CA
    Full Name:
    David Couch
    So do you guys want to still do this event? If you want to do it, go ahead, it's already set, but we could always wait till next month.

And remember I'm not going due to family plans, so just have a great time!

Also remember to enter in through Broadway, and exit from third. You can zoom in on the mapquest map and see the arrows which will explain what I'm talking about.

Have fun!

22. Dom

Dom F1 Veteran
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

Nov 5, 2002
    I'm out. I'll be leaving for NY/NJ/CT on Friday, and will be there all of next week.

Dom

23. SAF1

SAF1 Karting

Jun 26, 2003
    OC CA & Bangkok
    Full Name:
    Steve
    I am giong to Calabases too. I registered about two weeks ago and I got in.

It should be nice ride. Anybody wants to caravan up there?

24. VROOM!!!

VROOM!!! Formula 3

Feb 11, 2004
    Los Angeles
    Full Name:
    Armen
    Is anyone still interested in going to the Blue Cafe? I might be able to go this time. Please let me know.

-Armen

25. Bmyth-FDC

Bmyth-FDC F1 Rookie

Oct 4, 2002
    Southern California
    Full Name:
    Byron
    David,
    Thanks for setting this up, but I think the Blue Cafe will have to be another day (esp. since you can't make it!). I'll probably stop by The Commons to see the cars and cruise out for some brunch on my own with a few ppl.

Armen - next time!

Kevin, if you get your car up and running and would like to meet up, let me know.

Rick, I'll call you later.

Byron