Tubi Fitted!! | FerrariChat

Tubi Fitted!!

Discussion in 'United Kingdom' started by ric355, Jun 22, 2004.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. ric355

ric355 Guest

Dec 21, 2003
    #1 ric355, Jun 22, 2004
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 7, 2017
    I have just spent all of today at Verdi's getting my 355 de-catted and Tubi'd up, plus a few other jobs. I Just wanted to drop in a quick note to say thanks to all the guys at Verdi Ferrari for their hospitality and their service today.

I'm very pleased with the new sound; it gives everything that was promised.

When's the next driveout !!! ?
    Image Unavailable, Please Login

2. Robertb

Robertb Formula 3

Nov 19, 2003
    South Oxfordshire, U
    Full Name:
    Robert
    Glad it wasn't just me who took photos of the two exhausts together!

I'm sure you'll love the Tubi, and look forward to comparing notes...

Robert.

3. tonyh

tonyh F1 World Champ
    Lifetime Rossa Owner

Dec 23, 2002
    S W London
    Full Name:
    Tony H
    Very cool. Look fwd to hearing it soon.

4. 512Tea Are

512Tea Are F1 Rookie

Apr 22, 2004
    So it was you making all the fackin' din. At my age I need early nights and late mornings along with a short siesta after lunch. Accordingly, I should be grateful if you will please refrain from using the bloody thing at peak revs during the following times:

Not before ten o'clock in the morning.

Not between the hours of one o'clock and a half past two o'clock in the afternoon.

Not after nine o'clock in the evenings.

Also, if you are seeking a good home for the old exhaust, I would be prepared to accept it for fitment to my P100. It has an E Type silencer at present, but would like rather nice with four tail pipes protruding from under the tail gate.

Notwithstanding all of the foregoing; I shall be setting off for Goodwood at seven o'clock tomorrow morning (Friday). So if you are travelling on the roads in the direction of Goodwood tomorrow morning, I should again be grateful for a modicum of deference.

5. steve f

steve f F1 World Champ

Mar 15, 2004
    12cylinder town
    Full Name:
    steve

6. 512Tea Are

512Tea Are F1 Rookie

Apr 22, 2004

7. jrs

jrs Formula 3

Jun 14, 2003
    UK
    Full Name:
    James S
    512Tea Are

Trust me , if I knew where you lived ( or indeed who you even are ) I would be there in my 355 (not358) de-catted Tubi and making music that would keep you awake for days

J

8. 512Tea Are

512Tea Are F1 Rookie

Apr 22, 2004
    Dear JRS,

I noticed that you merely mentioned 'Music.' If you had a proper twelve cylinder Ferrari you would then be conducting a beautiful twelve piece orchestra and thus would be enabled to create a magnificent symphony; rather than a cacophony of spits and farts, which I regret to say is the miserable sound from those flat plane V8's.

9. Robertb

Robertb Formula 3

Nov 19, 2003
    South Oxfordshire, U
    Full Name:
    Robert
    ...which is similar to the noise 512 Tea Are makes when he's talking out of his a**e.

10. 512Tea Are

512Tea Are F1 Rookie

Apr 22, 2004
    Dear Robert B,

This is nonsense, I have never, as you put it "talked out of my ankle' other parts of my anatomy, maybe - but never my ankle. And please, will you boys stop using asterisks as an excuse for not being able to spell correctly.

11. Robertb

Robertb Formula 3

Nov 19, 2003
    South Oxfordshire, U
    Full Name:
    Robert
    Ankle has 5 letters, the word I am thinking of has four.

12. 512Tea Are

512Tea Are F1 Rookie

Apr 22, 2004
    Dear Robert b,

May I request, please, that you accept my most sincere apologies. For I certainly did make an error of judgement in counting the asterisks. However, the ankle is close to the foot and almost an integral part of it. So am I to presume that it was 'foot' that you were unable to spell?

13. Robertb

Robertb Formula 3

Nov 19, 2003
    South Oxfordshire, U
    Full Name:
    Robert
    Dear 512 Tea Are,

Foot does not begin with 'a' or end in 'e', so your presumption is, regretfully, incorrect.

Apology accepted.

Robert.

14. 512Tea Are

512Tea Are F1 Rookie

Apr 22, 2004
    Dear Robert,

May I say that this is an extremely fair comment and how lax of me not have realised this before. Clearly the word to which you allude is 'acre' and indeed this is particularly relevant to myself as I live on an estate with many such things.

15. ferrari355gtb

ferrari355gtb Formula 3

Nov 3, 2003
    UK
    Full Name:
    R
    504TR let me know your address and I'll send you some ear plugs.

16. Robertb

Robertb Formula 3

Nov 19, 2003
    South Oxfordshire, U
    Full Name:
    Robert
    I thought you had a P100- if memory serves, this is a pickup, not an estate?

Robert.

17. simonc

simonc Formula Junior

Nov 1, 2003
    Herfordshire, UK
    Full Name:
    Simon Campbell
    Taking my 365BB to Verdi to it's Tubi fitted on Saturday (courtesy of Manu at Scuderai Systems). I'll let you know how it sounds mid next week.

Simon

18. 512Tea Are

512Tea Are F1 Rookie

Apr 22, 2004
    Dear Robert,

It would seem that I am rather too controversial so this will be my last 'Post'
    When I mentioned 'estate' this is actually a council estate in Notting Hill!

Enjoy the ride!

19. steve f

steve f F1 World Champ

Mar 15, 2004
    12cylinder town
    Full Name:
    steve

hurrah thank ****

h

20. 360CS

360CS F1 Rookie

Nov 1, 2003
    Kent
    Full Name:
    Joe J
    I guess i could get a TUBi but JRS has a m8 with a Capristo that i fancy screaming on the car??

WHAT DO YOU ALL THINK TUBI / CAPRISTO??

;-)

21. ric355

ric355 Guest

Dec 21, 2003

I've never heard a Capristo in the flesh. You should stick that on, just so that I can hear it...

22. tonyh

tonyh F1 World Champ
    Lifetime Rossa Owner

Dec 23, 2002
    S W London
    Full Name:
    Tony H
    Can u try before u buy?

23. Robertb

Robertb Formula 3

Nov 19, 2003
    South Oxfordshire, U
    Full Name:
    Robert
    I spoke to Manu about Capristo, he can supply them. He will not offer the 'try before you buy' faclility on the Capristo because he is not entirely confident that everyone will like it in the way the Tubi gets universal acclaim (he's never had one sent back yet...)

He said the Capristo has a shrill motorcycle-like noise. I've heard videoclips and they sounded great but you never know til you hear it in the metal. He said they were bringing out a '2nd generation' system shortly.

I had this dilemma and went with the Tubi in the end, which I am delighted with (and I'm very fussy).

On the other hand, nothing ventured etc, the Capristo could be fabulous, so why not give it a go... but I'd certainly aim to hear one before committing myself.

24. Boxer 512

Boxer 512 Formula Junior
    BANNED

May 5, 2004
    London, UK
    Full Name:
    Seb King
    Tubi seems to be the exhaust of choice for you guys?

Personally I've found that Quicksilver systems offer the best sound with 3 levels of volume available, (88Db, 95Db & 110 Db), and they are considerably cheaper than Tubi and Capristo.

Just MHO

I have the 'Supersports' system fitted to the Boxer, It's quite simply the best sounding engine/exhaust combination ever devised in the history of automobiles.

Regards,

Seb

25. tonyh

tonyh F1 World Champ
    Lifetime Rossa Owner

Dec 23, 2002
    S W London
    Full Name:
    Tony H
    Seb,
    pls add these comments to the "sport exhaust" thread that's just been started.