You are all invited! | FerrariChat

You are all invited!

Discussion in 'United Kingdom' started by Modificata, Jun 23, 2004.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. Modificata

Modificata F1 Rookie

Apr 27, 2003
    Hampton, England
    Full Name:
    Andy Rasool
    Hi all.

Been very busy recently with my new business, so I've not had a chance to chat on Fchat. Well Im having my pre-opening party for my first Subway Restaurant tomorrow in South Harrow. So if you are passing by on Northolt Road tomorrow between 4pm and 6pm pop in for free food!

I've got another one opening in Swiss Cottage in 2 months, so i'll keep you posted on the progress of that.

Did I mention the free food!

2. Dale

Dale F1 Veteran

Oct 7, 2003
    uk
    Full Name:
    Dale Juan
    Adnaan,cant make it for the free food,but good luck with the new business venture,

cheers
    Dale.

3. ian_jory

ian_jory Karting

Apr 13, 2004
    UK
    Full Name:
    Ian
    Hi Adnaan - good luck! I can't make it to this one, but I would have liked to - I haven't been to a Subway restaurant for years. Last time was when I used to have to make regular business trips to Tokyo and the local Subway offered a pleasant break from the normal lunchtime routine of Sushi or Noodles!!

4. Robertb

Robertb Formula 3

Nov 19, 2003
    South Oxfordshire, U
    Full Name:
    Robert
    Best of luck with the new venture- I'm sure we'll see you in a 575m in no time!

Robert.

5. tonyh

tonyh F1 World Champ
    Lifetime Rossa Owner

Dec 23, 2002
    S W London
    Full Name:
    Tony H
    good luck , Adnaan. I've just come back from Florida and spent most of my lunchtimes at the local Subway there.Good quality food at v reasonable price. How much were franchises, if that's not too rude a question?

6. 512Tea Are

512Tea Are F1 Rookie

Apr 22, 2004
    Dear Tony,

Of course it's not a 'too rude a question' to ask someone what they paid for a business. However, some may suggest that it is more than slightly impertinent and I would be amongst that number.

7. tonyh

tonyh F1 World Champ
    Lifetime Rossa Owner

Dec 23, 2002
    S W London
    Full Name:
    Tony H
    As long as i'm not asking you, don't worry your sad old self about it. If Adnaan doesn't want to reply , he doesn't have to.
    The reason i asked was that i and a number of colleagues looked into buying a site in the City a few years ago.

8. 512Tea Are

512Tea Are F1 Rookie

Apr 22, 2004
    Dear Tony h,

It is very naughty of you to persist in this impertinence. Also, partnership's generally end in disaster. So, just look how much money you saved yourself by only recently becoming this impertinent. However, as an act of altruism I am pleased to divulge to you that the Franchise price is approximately £*******

9. andrewg

andrewg F1 Rookie
    BANNED

Sep 10, 2002
    Chester, England
    Full Name:
    AndrewG
    Adnaan

Best of luck with the new venture, next time I'm down south I'll make a point of dropping in. does this mean that you've stopped being a PM?

10. Wolfgang

Wolfgang F1 World Champ
    Lifetime Rossa

Mar 8, 2003
    Heidelberg, Germany
    Full Name:
    Wolfgang
    Hi Adnaan,

Congratulation buddy!!!
    May your new subway restautant run like a rocket.
    Good Luck & All The Best

Wolfgang

11. MOD500

MOD500 Guest

All the best to you!

Sincerely hope things go well.

Best Regards

Martyn.

12. CraigW

CraigW Formula Junior

Apr 11, 2002
    London
    Full Name:
    Craig Williams
    Good luck Adnaan.

13. angelis

angelis F1 Veteran
    Owner

Jun 18, 2004
    London, England
    Full Name:
    Sy
    Info here:

http://www.subway.co.uk/business/financial.html

Hi all. My first ever post here.

14. tonyh

tonyh F1 World Champ
    Lifetime Rossa Owner

Dec 23, 2002
    S W London
    Full Name:
    Tony H
    Hello and thnks. I saw this info on Subway's website, but it's only a rough guide. Prices will differ greatly depending on the location of the shop.

15. jeffQV

jeffQV F1 Rookie

Feb 13, 2004
    NZ
    Full Name:
    jeff
    Dont know if you are used to running your own business....its fun and pays for the fcars too! Just don't get involved with staff issues!

Good luck, mate of mine had and sold a Subway in Essex, did really well

16. Babylon

Babylon Karting

Jan 2, 2004
    Best of luck Adnaan,

Mike

17. Organiser

Organiser Formula Junior

Jan 13, 2004
    West Midlands UK
    Full Name:
    Phil Haynes
    Hi Adnaan,

Good luck with the new restaurant, If it`s not a daft question what`s the edge with a Subway Restaurant (apart from the obvious). Any pics.

Regards

Phil.

18. Modificata

Modificata F1 Rookie

Apr 27, 2003
    Hampton, England
    Full Name:
    Andy Rasool
    Hi all

Thanks for all the well wishes, and sorry for the late reply. The first few days have been chaos! The first day (thursday) we were open for only two hours (4 - 6pm). We served just under 400 people in the two hours! All food was free of course. The line of people outside was so big that we had to call out the police to control it. A fight even broke out, so now I can say that people were fighting over our food!!

Man that was crazy, and to think I have to go through it again in two months with store #2!

Tony - I dont mind telling at all. I'll pm you the details.

Phil - I'll load up some pics over the next few days. The shop fitters done a great job, and then the crowd trashed the place in two hours! Nothing a bit of elbow grease couldnt fix though..

Andrew - Yup I chucked in the city job for this. So the only projects for me will be this.

All others. - Thanks guys,

Adnaan