Hamann PG3 for 360 | FerrariChat

Hamann PG3 for 360

Discussion in '360/430' started by storminnormin, Jun 23, 2004.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. storminnormin

storminnormin Formula Junior

Jul 31, 2002
    California
    Does anyone have any experience with the Hamann PG3 19" for the 360? The local dealer recommends 19x13 rear and 19x11.5 fronts. The rear tires would be 355/25-19 and fronts 255. He says he would make the front camber slightly more negative to accomodate the tires without rubbing. I have 2 questions:
    1. Would that have adversely affect handling when I track the car?
    2. Will the 255's even fit in the front even with the change in camber?
    Thanks.
    Norm

2. Jon@Tezta

Jon@Tezta Formula Junior

Dec 5, 2003
    Hong Kong / Jakarta
    Full Name:
    Jonathan
    I think running(if its at all possible) 11.5's in the front would negatively affect your handling. Ive seen one with 9's in front and 13's in the rear with 235/35 and 335/25 and it looks great.

3. bobafett

bobafett F1 Veteran

Sep 28, 2002
    11.5 up front sounds WAY too high. Keep the changes somewhat proportional.

--Dan

4. W00dEar

W00dEar F1 Rookie
    BANNED

Feb 24, 2004
    LI, NY
    Full Name:
    Chris
    those wheels are bling, not performance.
    heavy as hell. 11.5 in F is way too wide and 13 in R is not overdone also.
    if you want good wheels for better performance, go with kenesis.

5. TCM

TCM Formula Junior

Nov 10, 2003
    Tyngsborough, MA
    I second the weight issue. Hamann is known to have very heavy wheels. To improve performance, look into light weight wheels such as SSR Comp, BBS, OZ, or high end wheel manufacturers such as HRE and Kinesis. The unsprung weight saved through lighter wheels results in better handling, acceleration and braking. I also find the Hamann wheels to be too highly priced for what they are, and I sell them. I would reccomend any of the aforementioned wheels before a Hamann to any of my clients. Hope this helps.

6. storminnormin

Jul 31, 2002
    California
    Thanks for everybody's input. You guys confirmed my thoughts about the setup. Too bling, too heavy, adverse handling, way too expensive. I tried Kinesis at one time, but try as they might, the fronts (235/18) rubbed the fenders. TCM has some great suggestions. I will do some more research.
    Norm

7. storminnormin

Jul 31, 2002
    California
    BTW, lest anyone get the wrong impression, Kinesis bent over backwards to take back the rims and correct the situation so we parted on very good terms. They are a class act and I would use them again anytime.

8. h22gordo

h22gordo Formula Junior

May 24, 2004
    So. Cal.
    Full Name:
    Gordan
    Novitec wheels run a 9.5 up front with a 255/35-19 tire...

9. PCH

PCH F1 Rookie

Apr 7, 2004
    Contact Matt at Meridian Automotive in LA, 888-245-2900. They have one of the best selection of factory and proper fitment aftermarket wheels for the 360.

10. Mickey

Mickey Formula Junior

Jan 20, 2004
    Linnet Drive
    Full Name:
    Mike
    Jon, where did you see this car ? do you have pics ?

thanks
    mickey

11. Jon@Tezta

Jon@Tezta Formula Junior

Dec 5, 2003
    Hong Kong / Jakarta
    Full Name:
    Jonathan
  12. banduga

banduga Karting

Mar 22, 2004
    Hong Kong
    #12 banduga, Jun 24, 2004
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 7, 2017
    Bling!

Fender Rubbing? Yup.
    Adverse handling? Yup.
    Heavy? Yup.
    Track use? Stick to standard. More rubber available for 18".
    Expensive? Got them used, so not expensive for me.
    Image Unavailable, Please Login

13. AntonyR

AntonyR F1 Veteran

Apr 12, 2004
    Los Angeles
    Full Name:
    Antony
    First off I think your car looks great, Love the color scheme.

Did you not notice any loss in speed. Hamman are sooo heavy. The BBS LM's I think look really good on the car. I do have to say the stock are not bad at all.

Antony

14. storminnormin

Jul 31, 2002
    California
    I looked into getting BBS LMs for the 360, but a couple dealers said the 360 fitment is not available in the US. What do you guys think?

15. Jon@Tezta

Jon@Tezta Formula Junior

Dec 5, 2003
    Hong Kong / Jakarta
    Full Name:
    Jonathan
    wow i just saw the retail on these hamanns and they're like 1800 and 2400 each!

storminnormin, which dealers told you the BBS are not available there? You've checked with places like bydesign and meridian?

16. banduga

banduga Karting

Mar 22, 2004
    Hong Kong
    Thanks for the compliment!

As for loss of speed, I wouldn't really know. I bought the car in early May, and changed to the Hamann wheels about 2 weeks later. My reasons were:

1.) Trying to differentiate my 360 from all the others around here.
    2.) Wanted a slight ricey (Is that even a word?) look, in line with the fact that Asia is full of rice! :D
    3.) They were cheap, and I needed to change tyres (Oops, "tires" to you guys). New tyres = $1,625. Used Hamanns + tyres = $4,375. If I were to spend serious $$$ on new wheels, the Hamanns would be WAY down the list, with HREs at the top.
    4.) We don't have many roads to go "blasting" around on, so, and lets be perfectly honest here guys ;), owning a Ferrari in Hong Kong is more for show than for "go". The wheels help a lot in this respect.

17. storminnormin

Jul 31, 2002
    California
    OK, so I called around some more. Apparently the BBS LMs for the 360 can be obtained in the US, but must be special ordered from Europe. I'll get more info next week. The LMs are supposed to be very strong and light, plus they look good. Might be the one to get then.