348 climate control unit | FerrariChat

348 climate control unit

Discussion in 'Technical Q&A' started by airbarton, Jun 24, 2004.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. airbarton

airbarton Formula 3

Nov 11, 2002
    Kennesaw, Ga.
    Full Name:
    Chuck Barton
    Does anyone know where to get a replacement climate control unit for the 348 or do you know someone that can repair the old one. Mine has gone on the blink. I took it out cleaned it inside and out, checked all soldering on the boards, ect, but it still does not work. I will take any suggestions you guys may have. I would even consider a used one if I knew it worked.

2. Ksullender

Ksullender Formula Junior

Sep 3, 2003
    USA
    What about rutlands?

3. pflowers

pflowers Karting

Oct 31, 2003
    Dothan, Alabama
    Full Name:
    Paul Flowers
    I got a rebuilt one from http://www.sodacoms.com/. It was about $700. Email this guy, he seem to be able to get most any part.

4. sparta49

sparta49 F1 Veteran
    Owner

Mar 3, 2001
    LA
    Full Name:
    Frank
    GT CAR PARTS 623-780-2200

5. colo348

colo348 Karting

Nov 1, 2003
    Colorado
    Full Name:
    Jim
    Airbarton,
    Hg Parts (see sponsors) has euro and US rebuilt units. I was able to get one from Ferrari via Ferrari NA and my dealers at a cost of $1350. However, it did'nt work. Found a new US version on ebay worked great. Good luck these units are hard to find, but you can find them. Also, do a search on goggle ferrari parts or look in the parts section/ads of this site for 348 part cars.
    Good luck,
    Jim

6. rkrenek

rkrenek Formula Junior

Aug 26, 2003
    Plano, TX
    Full Name:
    Rob
    I don't know where to find one, but I did find the following which may have caused it:

http://www.ferrariforum.net/tech/view.php?id=14

Does anyone know if this is a common problem on the 348? or one that indicates inevitable failure due to bad design as the article seems to indicate?

Regards,
    Rob.

7. airbarton

airbarton Formula 3

Nov 11, 2002
    Kennesaw, Ga.
    Full Name:
    Chuck Barton
    I tried them. They said good luck finding one!

8. airbarton

airbarton Formula 3

Nov 11, 2002
    Kennesaw, Ga.
    Full Name:
    Chuck Barton
    You guys are not going to believe this buy RKRENEK'S article solved the problem! I pulled the trunk cover and checked the fuse the article mentions and low and behold it was toast. I replaced it and everything is back to normal. I think I will follow the articles advice though and replace the holder. RKRENEK, I am in your debt. You sir are a true gentlemen. Many thanks to everyone who responded to this thread. This is a great community of which I am proud to be a member. If I can help anyone with a problem please let me know. Thank you gentlemen!

9. rkrenek

rkrenek Formula Junior

Aug 26, 2003
    Plano, TX
    Full Name:
    Rob

I'm glad to hear this fixed your problem! I'm going to do the same on my car before it becomes an issue.

Regards,
    Rob.