SD-2 | FerrariChat

SD-2

Discussion in 'Texas' started by speedmoore, Jun 25, 2004.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. speedmoore

speedmoore Formula 3
    BANNED Professional Ferrari Technician

Apr 15, 2003
    Austin, Texas
    Full Name:
    D Moore
    Well, since the cat is out of the bag, I'll let everyone know. My shop, Moorepeed in Austin, has had a factory Ferrari SD-2 diagnostic computer for over a year now with all software through Enzo. I purchased this completely legally from Ferrari after years of trying.

Obviously, there are great advantages for an independent like us in diagnosing, repairing and reprogramming the cars we service properly.

David Moore

www.moorespeed.com

2. rob lay

rob lay Administrator
    Staff Member Admin Miami 2018 Owner

Dec 1, 2000
    Southlake, TX
    Full Name:
    Rob Lay
  3. speedmoore

speedmoore Formula 3

Apr 15, 2003
    Austin, Texas
    Full Name:
    D Moore
    Ok Rob.....I'll behave myself.........but many have asked.

4. BigTex

BigTex Seven Time F1 World Champ
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

Dec 6, 2002
    Houston, Texas
    Full Name:
    Bubba
    Some of these cars have COMPUTERS?????? Why would you want that?? lol

5. PaulC

PaulC Formula 3

Feb 11, 2003
    San Antonio, TX
    Full Name:
    Paul
    Dave I saw the 70 911 on Autoweek. They were showing highlights from the Rennsport Reunion. It looked great, the last time I saw it, you had the entire thing in pieces.

6. speedmoore

speedmoore Formula 3

Apr 15, 2003
    Austin, Texas
    Full Name:
    D Moore
    Yep, we finished it. BTW, that's a 1970 911ST SN#002. This car was a factory works Rally car that participated in the Monte Carlo Rallye and the RAC circuit. It won 5 hill climbs that year too. You can check out photos of it on my link: http://www.moorespeed.com/services/restoration/index.html

The car is leaving with us to go to the Brian Redman Int'l Challenge at Road America week after next along with 5 other race cars including a 355 Challenge car. Yes, 355 Challenge are now legal to run vintage. This one will be for sale after the event along with all it's spares.

Any of you Ferrari folks interested in vintage racing, I'll have a post about the car and the series soon.

d

7. rob lay

rob lay Administrator
    Staff Member Admin Miami 2018 Owner

Dec 1, 2000
    Southlake, TX
    Full Name:
    Rob Lay
    What are Dana's plans?

8. speedmoore

speedmoore Formula 3

Apr 15, 2003
    Austin, Texas
    Full Name:
    D Moore
    I'll let Dana elaborate. However, I am selling her Challenge car for her after this event. It's not your stocker Challenge car now by a long shot. We've taken 100's of lbs of weight out, fab'd a sweet 4130 pro full roll cage with Nascar door bars, fresh engine, fuel cell in front with dual pumps, cool suit, fire system....some go fast suspension mods. It's a sweet ride. I've had the opportunity to drive it quite a bit. It rocks.

d