Garage floor coating questions | FerrariChat

Garage floor coating questions

Discussion in 'Other Off Topic Forum' started by 4.6MustangSteve, Jun 25, 2004.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. 4.6MustangSteve

Feb 29, 2004
    Woodbridge, VA
    Full Name:
    Steve
    Well, first off this is my first post here. My name is Steve and I'm a friend of Steeda30's and like him I have a Mustang GT (5spd coupe, some mods, nothing special).

Anyways, I will be moving in to my parent's second home in about a month as it's close to my college. The garage at the house is roughly 560-580 square feet. I'd really like to do something with the concrete floor, and I figured there'd be no better place to ask than FerrariChat. I know alot of you guys have pretty spectacular garages.

I was thinking about applying an epoxy coating and I'd like to know how durable these are. How long will they last? Are they easy to maintain? And of course do they look good? Any brands or kits that you guys recommend?

2. Bryan

Bryan Formula 3

Do an FCHAT search on garage floor. This has come up before. You'll get a far number of hits, but you can pick though them quickly.

3. 4.6MustangSteve

Feb 29, 2004
    Woodbridge, VA
    Full Name:
    Steve
    Sorting through the search results right now. Thanks.

4. M.James

M.James F1 Rookie

Jun 6, 2003
    Worcester, MA
    Full Name:
    Michael.C.James
    My floor has Griots Garage floor epoxy, and the hot tires from my 308 have yet to even scuff the shiny gloss......its VERY durable so long as you do the full concrete prep work and apply correctly with two thick coats.