Stradale...get a stripe or no? | FerrariChat

Stradale...get a stripe or no?

Discussion in '360/430' started by tubeguy, Jun 27, 2004.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. tubeguy

tubeguy Formula 3

May 21, 2003
    Upland California
    Full Name:
    Kevin Deal
    Assume Rossa Corsa...

Or Rossa Dino...which is hard to visualize

2. ETW

ETW Formula Junior

Nov 3, 2003
    MA
    You MUST get the stripe. That's the whole reason for owning the car!

3. tonyh

tonyh F1 World Champ
    Lifetime Rossa Owner

Dec 23, 2002
    S W London
    Full Name:
    Tony H
    I agree , the stripe's a MUST HAVE option.

4. f355spider

f355spider F1 World Champ
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

May 29, 2001
    USA
    I at first, thought the stripe was ugly, and not at all appropriate on the CS. When I saw my friend Albert's car on the day he picked it up at FoS, I was floored at how good it really looked with the stripe. Every CS I have seen since looks "naked" without it. Funny how one's opinion can change between seeing photos, versus "in the flesh".

Dave

5. stokpro

stokpro F1 Rookie
    Lifetime Rossa Owner

Jun 25, 2003
    Himalayas
    definitely get the stripe!

6. wax

wax Five Time F1 World Champ
    Lifetime Rossa

Jul 20, 2003
    SFPD
    Full Name:
    Dirty Harry
    Check - as in check the box next to stripe - not check pattern. In all seriousness - Stradale stripe sings an Aria...

7. asianbond

asianbond Formula 3

Nov 8, 2003
    Full Name:
    Chris
    Do what most owners are doing, get the stripe made by local sign company in plastic for just a few hundred bucks, you can remove it anytime.

8. Brian C. Stradale

Brian C. Stradale F1 Rookie
    Lifetime Rossa

Mar 17, 2002
    Dallas, TX, USA
    Most owners? Based on your survey of what... one?
    That is certainly not corroborated by the 5% of the worldwide Stradale owners that post here on FerrariChat.

If you want the Ferrari stripe, get it properly done (in the paint, under the clear coat).

If you want the flexibility to have different looks, you can certainly dress the car sans stripe up many different ways (that is my plan)... but I would NOT include in that list faking the Ferrari stripe with vinyl... that would scream "wannabe" with a car that is absolutely the "real thing".

JMHO.

9. asianbond

asianbond Formula 3

Nov 8, 2003
    Full Name:
    Chris
    #9 asianbond, Jun 27, 2004
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 7, 2017
    Dude, get a grip, out of the 4 Stradale owner I know in HK they all got the strip done aftermarket. If you wants to spend 5k fine, I'm just suggesting a much cheaper alternative since the original poster was on the fence. No one driving a Stradale is a wannabe anything.

I attached a few pics of REAL Stradales with FAKE strips, they look fine to me. If you look closely in the last pic is a Porsche GT3 RS, too bad they're not available in the states.
    Image Unavailable, Please Login

10. banduga

banduga Karting

Mar 22, 2004
    Hong Kong
    Beautiful pics!

Guess you guys had a good day this (VERY HOT) morning. I on the other hand was embarrassing myself on a golf course. :(

Oh, and I would vote with a resounding YES on the stripe issue.

11. 720

720 F1 Rookie

Jul 14, 2003
    So. Cal and No. Utah
    Full Name:
    Rick
    get one with a stripe and another without. problem solved :)
    seriously, the stripe makes the car look even better IMHO. i've done a non-scientific survey and 99% of the people who see the stripe on my rosso scuderia stradale absolutely love it! some colors look better without a stripe (like my yellow stradale). but whatever you do don't do a fake graphic stripe to save a few bucks!!!

12. Texas Forever

Texas Forever Seven Time F1 World Champ
    Rossa Subscribed

Apr 28, 2003
    Texas!
    Rick do you mind telling me what options you got for your Stradales, and which ones, if any, that you regret not getting?

Thx, DrTax

13. Buttuz4eva

Buttuz4eva F1 Rookie
    BANNED

Dec 14, 2003
    LONG ISLAND N.Y.
    Full Name:
    Challenge Farrelle
    the stripe is a must

14. Willis360

Willis360 F1 Rookie

Aug 4, 2001
    Redmond, WA
    Full Name:
    Willis H
  15. Clax

Clax Formula 3

Oct 3, 2002
    I vote NO STRIPE.

16. LetsJet

LetsJet F1 Veteran
    Owner

May 24, 2004
    DC/LA/Paris/Haleiwa
    Full Name:
    Mr.
    I hate to go against the grain, but I don't like the stripe. I certainly wouldn't do the permanent stripe unless this was just a track car.

17. SrfCity

SrfCity F1 World Champ

Stripe. I like the idea of removable but somehow it seems cheesy. I'm sure it wouldn't take long for gunk to appear around the edges after washings etc.

18. TomSilver

TomSilver Karting

Jan 26, 2004
    Germany
    Full Name:
    Tom
    Get the stripe.

19. Tomf-1

Tomf-1 F1 Rookie

Jan 17, 2004
    Leawood KS/ South FL
    Full Name:
    Thomas
    Same camp here.

Tom

20. 720

720 F1 Rookie

Jul 14, 2003
    So. Cal and No. Utah
    Full Name:
    Rick
    the options i ordered on my rosso scuderia 360CS are as follows:
    red brake calipers $785
    battery charger USA + prewiring $807
    fire extinguisher $506 (too expensive, but it does look great int he car :)
    three color racing stripe $5,479 (best money i ever spent)
    red stitching $258

the options i ordered on my yellow 360CS are as follows:
    battery charger USA + prewiring $849
    fire extinguisher $506
    black stitching $258
    all black steering wheel with yellow hash mark $322
    special color (black with yellow trim) alcantara for seats $832

i never listen to a radio when i drive so i didn't need the optional radio. i would have ordered the roll bar and the four-point seat harness, but apparently these options are not available for US cars.

i can't think of any other options i may have forgotten. was there a particular option you are curious about?

21. Texas Forever

Rossa Subscribed

Apr 28, 2003
    Texas!
    #21 Texas Forever, Jun 27, 2004
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 7, 2017
    Well, it looks like I'm going to be turning in an order for an October build date.

I haven't seen the order yet, but here's what I recall

Rossa Corsa with Stripe
    Red brake calipers
    Extinguisher
    Alcantara seats
    Radio

I asked the Sales Manager to make look as much like the pic below as possible.

I'm also checking to see if I can order the roll bar and harness separately from the factory. Apparently DOT says that Ferrari would have to get a completely difference certification if the Factory installs this stuff.

Only option that I'm going to pass on will be the battery charger. I already have a garage full of them (sigh).

What are your thoughts?

Thx, Dale

22. maranelloman

maranelloman Guest

Congrats in advance, Dale!

But, I vote NO STRIPE.

23. 720

720 F1 Rookie

Jul 14, 2003
    So. Cal and No. Utah
    Full Name:
    Rick
    rossi scuderia with stripe looks great. i bet the rosso corsa with the stripe will also look great. you won't regret ordering the stripe. when people see it in real life they love it. makes the car very distinctive. i have a friend who just picked up his rosso corsa 360CS with stripe, but i haven't had a chance to go see it yet. i'm sure it will look great :) the only thing you may want to double check with your dealer about is the dashboard and the color of the stitching. the red stradale really looks good with the lower part of the dashboard in red alcantara. also make sure they ordered "red stitching". it really makes the interior look really good.

there is one very minor thing that i want to mention. the horn in the stradale (all 360's in fact) sounds like crap. sounds like a ford or a buick horn. one of the first things i do when i get a new 360 is to have a 355 airhorn installed. it only costs about $100, but the labor is probably another $150. i know what you're thinking. this guy is wrapped to tight :) but wait until you honk the horn yourself. you expect it to sound like a ferrari (whatever that means), but it sounds like a ford. it's embarassing. LOL. i have no idea why ferrari decided not to put airhorns in the 360s. they put airhorns in the 575M, so why not in the 360's? anybody out there know what kind of horn they put in the 612's?

24. LetsJet

LetsJet F1 Veteran
    Owner

May 24, 2004
    DC/LA/Paris/Haleiwa
    Full Name:
    Mr.
    Dale congrats!

But, you know my opinion on the stripe... I think it's great your getting what you want.

I've already been thinking about what I'm looking for in a 360 and I've only had the 355 3 months.

- E

25. Texas Forever

Rossa Subscribed

Apr 28, 2003
    Texas!
    Whoops, sorry, I meant rossa scuderia if this is the color that is reflected in the picture.